Wind River (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #66) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: June 15, 2018
Purchase links: Premium Box - Lenticular - Full Slip - Quarter Slip (Pre-order April 5 at 2 PM - April 12)
Price: $70.99 (Premium Box) - $40.99 (Full Slip or Lenticular) - $34.99 (Quarter Slip)
Group Buy: Premium Box - Lenticular - Full Slip - Quarter Slip

28953669_926750670839348_4712419533557232614_o.jpg28828412_926750700839345_6881970971462734464_o.jpg28828002_926750737506008_4395056634211105778_o.jpgupload_2018-3-22_11-52-21.png
27750931_902339823280433_2469207313412266437_n.jpg
29216514_2251732845053920_7016638571977113600_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mark Wilson @StifflersDad
I am usually disappointed with the quality of the collectibles that are part of a blu-ray release, the price is of course not the same as the premium collectable, but still...
i would be ready to pay more and get a decent figure, bust, replica etc.... Cause i am mostly excited when it is announced and eventually disappointed when it arrives
it is like the figure they made for man of steel, if you look at the pictures of what was supposed to be the actual product, and what was in the box....
But in the end i am only interrested in limited editions featuring these kind of products/goodies cause i collect movies, not collectables. So it is a tough choice, i would say that in general i buy it because i always want the best possible edition of movies i like, knowing that the product will probably not meet my expectations...;)

Your bank account will thank you for that

My criticism is based on experience as I too once upon a time lapped up these DVD/Blu Ray releases that brought displayable items with them, 9 times out of 10 though in person they disappointed, the paint app was horrendous and they were cheap feeling (usually PVC or another form of plastic) and then I discovered the likes of Sideshow and Hot Toys and it was a game changer both in terms of quality and obviously price.
Now that's where my disposable money goes split between Premium Edition Steelbooks and Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures and the occasional Sideshow Premium Format Statue (I'm about to PO the new Joker PF later today)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin
Your bank account will thank you for that

My criticism is based on experience as I too once upon a time lapped up these DVD/Blu Ray releases that brought displayable items with them, 9 times out of 10 though in person they disappointed, the paint app was horrendous and they were cheap feeling (usually PVC or another form of plastic) and then I discovered the likes of Sideshow and Hot Toys and it was a game changer both in terms of quality and obviously price.
Now that's where my disposable money goes split between Premium Edition Steelbooks and Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures and the occasional Sideshow Premium Format Statue (I'm about to PO the new Joker PF later today)

Pretty clear.
now that said you will have to deal with poorly executed goodies that sometimes comes with the premium steelbooks. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
I remember the Alien Egg edition for the Anthology set, and it looked awful, the ratio was way off (even for artistic merit), and the mass-produced mold was, as expected, cheaply done. Buying such oversized sets is pretty much like acquiring a half-baked collectible that has Blu-ray(s) included as a bonus -- instead the other way around.

I don't need to possess a product to see from a 1-mile distance how awful and/or tacky it is. Seeing it in store, or looking at production photos is enough to convince me what a foolish thing to do would be buying it.

The Alien egg was disappointing.
Interesting that it was actually made by Sideshow.
The other items I mentioned are not available in shops.
If you make your decision just based on pics then that's your loss.
Wonder what @Mark Wilson , @Jocelin , @elle82 , and @GI_SnakeEyes think of the collectables.

Thanks for the tag, this is an interesting one to say the least.

Thanks for the tag @StifflersDad. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'd never call mine or @GI_SnakeEyes collection tacky. Just like i'd never call a collection comprised solely of amaray cases boring as f**k :whistle::LOL:.

I'm in total agreement with you @Mark Wilson .... Tacky would never be a word to describe our collections....

just like some people HATE Metal cases, and Digi's because the metal cases get scratched and dinged very easily, and the corners of Digi's get crinkled most of the time with just taking them in and out of slipcases...... and don't even get me started on slipcases.. lol :naughty::p

I dont need to to know

This
51c%2BbBeWIbL.jpg

Doesn't come close to this
predator-masked-hunter-legendary-scale-2002521-02.jpg

Obviously a massive price difference but then I never said there wasn't, all I said one was cheap toot (which it is) and the other is a proper high end collectible. If you think otherwise 'you obviously dont own the Sideshow piece'

predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
predator3.jpg
predator4.jpg

If you're saying this is cheap sh!t then I guess I like cheap sh!t, perhaps you don't own these to give your full opinion....

Remember, it wasn't me who praised Sideshow. I have zero experience with them so far.

But seeing you are an expert in things you do not own, can I ask what IS your expert opinion with sideshow products...... Would you say their products are production quality?? (Granted which are usually starting at 3 to 4 times the retail price of these items that are at the end of the day.... MOVIE sets, and not just collectables)

That's almost like saying a real Harley Davidson looks a lot better then the one that came with my easy rider set...... (Yeah no sh!t)

You are comparing things that just really shouldn't be compared cause they were never meant to be in the same category... Now if you and Tommy want to have the most realistic version of everything..... that's fine more power to you guys, I wouldn't say that is a stupid decision or try and talk you out of it.....

What you both seem to be missing here though is..... These sets aren't supposed to be production value items because with production value quality comes production value price tags.... These are mid to high quality, items for the fans of the.... once again..... MOVIES... Cool bonuses that they know a few people really love, hence the small production numbers of said sets..... They are not forcing people to buy these as the studios release many different ways to get the copy (or copies like a lot of us, haha) that is right for the individuals wants and needs.

You guys don't like them or buy them great that's fine...... To come in here and call the items a lot of people here love and own sh!t.... Then insult us by saying we do not know good quality because we own these over what you consider great.... Is pretty childish and really a douchey thing to do.

I know good manors seem to have disappeared since I was young, but I'll tell you something my grandma use to tell me growing up.....

"If you have nothing nice to say about something or someone, then don't say anything at all"

This fits perfectly here... We are all friendly and/or at the very least cordial to one another...... We tease at times people we are friendly with but never are we straight malicious towards each other.... So if you can't be that way then perhaps this is just not the place for you. I am not saying you can not have an opinion. You clearly can, as everyone does.... Just say something like "it's just not for me".... with out having to say..... "yeah that's sh!t, and if you have it then you have no sense of quality"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Guys this waffling on is going too far now. Tagging a bunch of people to gang up on others was unnecessary also.
This is the Wind River STEELBOOK thread. Can we get back on topic now please?

Fair enough about being off topic.

But I tagged ninjas who frequent the Collectors Edition forums to get their views on memorabilia included with movie releases ( a fact you would know if you contributed in those forums) and not an attempt to gang up on anyone.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin
Thanks for the tag, this is an interesting one to say the least.

I'm in total agreement with you @Mark Wilson .... Tacky would never be a word to describe our collections....

just like some people HATE Metal cases, and Digi's because the metal cases get scratched and dinged very easily, and the corners of Digi's get crinkled most of the time with just taking them in and out of slipcases...... and don't even get me started on slipcases.. lol :naughty::p

View attachment 364521 View attachment 364522 View attachment 364523 View attachment 364524

If you're saying this is cheap sh!t then I guess I like cheap sh!t, perhaps you don't own these to give your full opinion....

But seeing you are an expert in things you do not own, can I ask what IS your expert opinion with sideshow products...... Would you say their products are production quality?? (Granted which are usually starting at 3 to 4 times the retail price of these items that are at the end of the day.... MOVIE sets, and not just collectables)

That's almost like saying a real Harley Davidson looks a lot better then the one that came with my easy rider set...... (Yeah no sh!t)

You are comparing things that just really shouldn't be compared cause they were never meant to be in the same category... Now if you and Tommy want to have the most realistic version of everything..... that's fine more power to you guys, I wouldn't say that is a stupid decision or try and talk you out of it.....

What you both seem to be missing here though is..... These sets aren't supposed to be production value items because with production value quality comes production value price tags.... These are mid to high quality, items for the fans of the.... once again..... MOVIES... Cool bonuses that they know a few people really love, hence the small production numbers of said sets..... They are not forcing people to buy these as the studios release many different ways to get the copy (or copies like a lot of us, haha) that is right for the individuals wants and needs.

You guys don't like them or buy them great that's fine...... To come in here and call the items a lot of people here love and own sh!t.... Then insult us by saying we do not know good quality because we own these over what you consider great.... Is pretty childish and really a douchey thing to do.

I know good manors seem to have disappeared since I was young, but I'll tell you something my grandma use to tell me growing up.....

"If you have nothing nice to say about something or someone, then don't say anything at all"

This fits perfectly here... We are all friendly and/or at the very least cordial to one another...... We tease at times people we are friendly with but never are we straight malicious towards each other.... So if you can't be that way then perhaps this is just not the place for you. I am not saying you can not have an opinion. You clearly can, as everyone does.... Just say something like "it's just not for me".... with out having to say..... "yeah that's sh!t, and if you have it then you have no sense of quality"
Let's try and keep it on topic please, otherwise you'll need to take it to the appropriate threads. This is for everyone, not just you. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: KittyCat
...not to mention the Metal Badge :rolleyes:
I'm hoping it's not that heavy. Looking at the size I don't think it would weigh too much.

I hate when they include screenplays which add to the shipping cost. If I am hankering that much for the screenplay, I'll just watch the damn movie with subtitles on and read the screenplay that way.:rolleyes:
Yeah not a big fan of screenplays myself as extras. I would rather have a book about the film if they are going to include one.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Actarus
Just to throw one thing in here for readers sake in regards to Sideshow.

If a "movie edition collectible, or game for that matter" is made by sideshow and you arent impressed with the quality do realize its the Movie and Game studios/publishers that go to sideshow with these mass qty deals and they for obvious business reasons oblige .... that does not mean their sculptors always are involved as sometimes it can be their freelance sculptors and their connections to their factories in China to make these mass collectibles.

AND the biggest reason you may not be impressed with the quality is the price point. The Movie/game studios say we are looking for a per piece/unit cost of X .... and then it houses the blu-rays or its a lil Drake statue for Uncharted that comes in the Collector Edition that is priced at like $150 or so for everything it has to offer .... that's way different then sidehow on its own selling a statue for $350 .... you get what you pay for.

If you aren't willing to spring for a Premium Format statue from sideshow in the range of $350-500 then I think it is at least worth your time to make a visit to one of your local comic book shops as they typically will have at least 1 or a few on display and you can see how awesome and scene stealing they are in person. Something cool to be said about seeing art in 3d form in that sense of your favorite characters.

back to Wind River. :p

HDN got a shout out on the ESPN podcast Cinephile when interviewing Jeremy Renner for Wind River. :D

I had an extensive collection of Sideshow, Hot Toys, figures. Many thousands of dollars worth. So many I ran out of room to display them properly. I moved and my available space for them got even smaller. Sadly I sold most of them. Keeping them stored away in boxes defeated the whole purpose and enjoyment of having them. They were expensive but awesome. You usually do get what you pay for.