Wonder Woman (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 11) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on October 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $48.99 (Lenti) - $49.99 (Double Lenti)- $149.97 (Box Set)
Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
. Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
*Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
*One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know why premium retailers can sell so many scratched Steels these days? Too many collectors nowadays keep them sealed so nobody will ever see the scratches.
Bet it's cheaper to replace a few claims than to reorder complete charges of scratch free Steelbooks and sort out the scratched ones...

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233 and Ashish
8FFCB439-E080-4B42-BC67-C01B56792088.jpeg

I opened my OC (fullslip edition) and no surprise: steelbook full of mini scratches :angry::dunno:...(on the picture it looks miles better than in hand) and the Alien Replacement steelbook they send (without shrinkwrap is this normal?) has more scratches than the old one. And sending an open steelbook where you can obviously see the scratches is a punch in the face. Manta i am done with you right now :punch:

Last edited:
I opened my OC (fullslip edition) and no surprise: steelbook full of mini scratches :angry::dunno:...and the Alien Replacement steelbook they send (without shrinkwrap is this normal?) has more scratches than the old one. And sending an open steelbook where you can obviously see the scratches is a punch in the face. Manta i am done with you right now :punch:
Damn, sorry to hear that buddy (n) Welcome to Manta's scratch Club lol :bag: My Alien Cov steelbook replacement arrived in a paper wrap and sealed inside a polybag so wasn't completely "naked" fyi. Luckily mine was mint though. Sounds like another nail in the coffin for Manta :muted:

Reactions: Radagast
Btw, all 3 editions look fantastic for me....but for a good release i need a mint steelbook
Edit: unfortunately the slips also have some nice scratches

Last edited:
I used to keep all my steelbooks and premium sealed, for a good year+ when I started collecting and for my part, as much as I was getting a high of collecting and keeping them all sealed and neat, I now get so so so much more pleasure to Open them and to enjoy the darn thing in hands, it's really exciting to see the Steelbook for yourself, the Quality of the Bonus Items, the whole deal is a great experience. If you are not gonna resell, then there is no point really to keep them sealed isn't it ? But that goes again with sealed versus Open which I can't fault anyone for doing so as I used to be at that place.

But if you keep them sealed, I'm sorry but I don't think it's right to assume that manta should send replacement steels on those sealed copies. That is the gamble you take when you keep them sealed(whether it is a remaining sealed copy from your one click, it still doesn't matter at some point you need to prove faulty items to request a replacement).

Last edited:
It is quite obvious that ML are messing around. They are playing a dangerous game and it will backfire if they don't rectify.

Also their releases are always the ones that goes for lower price in the secondary market no matter how limited or good they are.

Their responses to QC issues are excuses and they won't bode well if they screw up the next 2 releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Radagast
It is quite obvious that ML are messing around. They are playing a dangerous game and it will backfire if they don't rectify.

Also their releases are always the ones that goes for lower price in the secondary market no matter how limited or good they are.

Their responses to QC issues are excuses and they won't bode well if they screw up the next 2 releases.

I had noticed that, they don't gain value on the secondary market, but didn't matter to me as I was collecting them simply because they were beautiful releases but if My La LA Land comes with scratches, I'm off ordering from them. That is the reason why I passed on War for the Planet of the Apes Manta for the FAC edition.

I had noticed that, they don't gain value on the secondary market, but didn't matter to me as I was collecting them simply because they were beautiful releases but if My La LA Land comes with scratches, I'm off ordering from them. That is the reason why I passed on War for the Planet of the Apes Manta for the FAC edition.

That's fair enough. We all know you will request Kim Jong to nuke Hong Kong if they mess up your La La Land Steelbook lol.

Jokes aside, you had made a sensible decision with Apes. I think the ML artwork looks way too boring and the FA one looks miles better.

That's fair enough. We all know you will request Kim Jong to nuke Hong Kong if they mess up your La La Land Steelbook lol.

Jokes aside, you had made a sensible decision with Apes. I think the ML artwork looks way too boring and the FA one looks miles better.

Indeed the FAC one IMO is much nicer and they have ''so far'' a great Quality Control system in Place. But I had decided to pass on Manta just because of the Quality Issues lately.

hahaha They better not mess with My La La Land Release :rofl: (honestly all because of this now I am stressed out more than usual about my HDzeta WW and my Manta La La Land). Thank the Lawrd that in 2 Days it will be Christmas time and there will be Wine :wacky:

Reactions: lgans316
John addressed this issue with Scanavo and their response was that they find that it falls within ''acceptable'' quality wise.
""Acceptable" quality"? Really?
upload_2017-12-22_15-43-48.png
upload_2017-12-22_15-45-4.png

I was going to post an image of a bull divided into the various "Prime cuts" with the droppings labelled "Prime bulls***" but couldn't find the perfect image . . . so this will have to do:-
bs.gif

Spot the difference?
A perfect example of damage NOT CAUSED during the manufacturing process . . .
upload_2017-12-22_17-8-44.png

A perfect example of damage CAUSED during the manufacturing process ------------------------------------------ V ------------- faint vertical hairline from the last "R" of REACHER
IMG_3682_zps32e06fcc.jpg~original

As can be seen from the various posters the slipcase has not escaped . . . with scratches aplenty + misaligned embossing to the title:-
upload_2017-12-22_16-23-8.png
upload_2017-12-22_15-50-53.png

I do NOT believe:-
a) Scanavo sent out the steelbooks with such noticeable scratches . . . does not make sense that a manufacturer would deliberately tarnish their reputation by sending these in "Mickle condition" and doesn't make sense that a manufacturing problem - if there was one - wasn't spotted in time and the whole print run scrapped.
Perfect examples out there . . . so not a manufacturing fault where it's presumed all copies in the run would be affected:-
upload_2017-12-22_16-0-54.png

I do believe:-
a) The scratches were caused after leaving the manufacturer - in other words, during the packing process . . . and that the issue is similar to, but much worse than, what happened to the recent **FRIGHT NIGHT steelbook - many copies of which had badly micro-scratched backs - where the scratching was caused at the SONY DADC packing plant.

b) The retailer was perfectly aware of the problem and should not have sent out the scratched steelbooks / slipcases in the belief that people wouldn't notice . . . if they assumed that a large percentage of product will remain first generation sealed - and that customers wouldn't notice / complain / request replacements or refunds and they would get away with sending out products many of which carry an unacceptable level of scratches - that's the worst kind of retailer behaviour in my book.
Evidently the onus is on ML to provide any and every unhappy customer with either a replacement or a full refund.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure it's no secret, but if anyone wants to avoid the hassle of returns there are products on the market that can get rid of the scratches on glossy finishes.
For example:-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UVUAFO/?tag=hidefnin-20
"
  • Permanently removes scratches, small marks and scuff marks - Will not reappear over time
  • Suitable for all gloss paints and colors (including metallic)
  • Quick and simple 2-step process
  • Will not damage vehicle's finish "
Just my 10 ¢
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* From ES customer services re: JACK REACHER
** From Scanavo & Eureka customer services re: FRIGHT NIGHT
JACK REACHER
Quote:-
upload_2017-12-22_11-54-50.png

FRIGHT NIGHT
upload_2017-12-22_12-25-54.png

RE: FRIGHT NIGHT - Scanavo customer service reply . . .
upload_2017-12-22_14-17-51.png

My take on the matter (from the FRIGHT NIGHT thread) . . .
upload_2017-12-22_12-30-48.png