Wonka (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 68) [Hong Kong]

Oct 28, 2019
Release date: May 24, 2024
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on March 22, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (One Click) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

BC809135-639A-4C03-83EC-67FBD7571638.jpeg 7A2D2C3C-B71E-40E3-BD7A-D1700E066627.jpeg C5819F3C-97AE-4216-A6B4-7A2EC6E985C6.jpeg 46593EAA-7EB0-45DD-9A5C-D5ED6FAB40F5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the original Wonka films and Paddington, Greatest Showman etc.... But this was just a major letdown. Can't put my finger on what it was exactly. Maybe it was that Chalomet isn't a good singer? The songs are all wank and sound the same? The film is overlong and boring?

All of that, and it's too fake, superficial, calculated. Looks like a bored, fat, old tired guy that just wants to have a smoke, wank, eat, and sleep, but has to jump around in a theme park dressed as an animal being degraded by arrogant children.
And everyone else around in the movie is like at a North Korea Communist Party meeting and feel they have to clap and display copious amounts of excitement, or else.
It's a brainless assembly line product for the same kind of audience, that's just happy to select whatever their streaming 'service' recommends them, and gives their children a tablet each to get rid of them.

Reactions: Granada
All of that, and it's too fake, superficial, calculated. Looks like a bored, fat, old tired guy that just wants to have a smoke, wank, eat, and sleep, but has to jump around in a theme park dressed as an animal being degraded by arrogant children.
And everyone else around in the movie is like at a North Korea Communist Party meeting and feel they have to clap and display copious amounts of excitement, or else.
It's a brainless assembly line product for the same kind of audience, that's just happy to select whatever their streaming 'service' recommends them, and gives their children a tablet each to get rid of them.
finding dory GIF

If you look at the feedback here in the forum, it shouldn't be a problem to order directly. :naughty:

btw.. there is a GB on facebook

Yeah, I guess according to your smiley you know that HDN can´t be taken as a market benchmark so obviously that means s*it :)

Godzilla had similar "interest" here, maybe even worse, and it got soldout pretty quick.

And this is still a f***** Di$$ney with much more fanbase.

Yeah, that´s right, I create panic :naughty:

Reactions: eLviS1987
Still can't decide what to do with this one..

FS, could turn out really bland, but it's the nicest.

DLB, it's safest option, but it's pretty photoshop basic.

Not buy it at all, and just grab the beautiful embossed WWA.

The WWA is really nice tbh. That FS could either end up being beautiful, or just really bland. It's risky choice.
I obviously get the chocolate motif, but my issue with the FS is that the film is so full of vibrant colors and fantasy while the slip is the antithesis: :BS: brown. It kinda looks like a turd.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I obviously get the chocolate motif, but my issue with the FS is that the film is so full of vibrant colors and fantasy while the slip is the antithesis: :BS: brown. It kinda looks like a turd.
There is that too.. there's so much potential, but the slip art for all of these lack the backdrop you'd expect for the film. The orange one for example, there's a poster where it's much better... instead they've just chosen to add a photoshopped orange blurr behind him. They've missed the IMAX poster completely too, which is better than all 3 slips.

Attachments

• gEAqkpAAcL44uSg6LwO3NpIOALt.jpg
    gEAqkpAAcL44uSg6LwO3NpIOALt.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2vuzIelhRZiAAChjadLywhYd1Zu.jpg
    2vuzIelhRZiAAChjadLywhYd1Zu.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: JGCramp
Still can't decide what to do with this one..

FS, could turn out really bland, but it's the nicest.

DLB, it's safest option, but it's pretty photoshop basic.

Not buy it at all, and just grab the beautiful embossed WWA.
DLB is by far the weakest.

Also why is one of the art cards Rowan? Why can’t it be Lofty in his lil alcohol cabinet chair? Another huge missed opportunity. The Oompa Loompa should be on a f**king artcard!!!

Reactions: Granada
DLB is by far the weakest.

Also why is one of the art cards Rowan? Why can’t it be Lofty in his lil alcohol cabinet chair? Another huge missed opportunity. The Oompa Loompa should be on a f**king artcard!!!
DLB seemed safest to me, I never liked that wwa steel art that's on DLA, plus it's a character card. I am liking DLB the less I look at it.. I'm getting tired of constant photoshopped Manta DLs.

For sure should've had a Oompa card lol these are a little better than some of their recent choices, but great character cards!

Reactions: Flloydo
DLB seemed safest to me, I never liked that wwa steel art that's on DLA, plus it's a character card. I am liking DLB the less I look at it.. I'm getting tired of constant photoshopped Manta DLs.

For sure should've had a Oompa card lol these are a little better than some of their recent choices, but great character cards!
True about the character card. But I think it will look sharp as a lenti. At least lofty is on the back in full photoshop glory

I’m getting tired of their art card choices. Have been for a while

True about the character card. But I think it will look sharp as a lenti. At least lofty is on the back in full photoshop glory

I’m getting tired of their art card choices. Have been for a while
Yeah, looking at it, I guess it will. I can see DLB being a bit of a messy lenti, particularly the rear. That should've been a SL. Dumb choice with all these DLs, it's getting boring already. Eughh, decisions, decisions..

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, looking at it, I guess it will. I can see DLB being a bit of a messy lenti, particularly the rear. That should've been a SL. Dumb choice with all these DLs, it's getting boring already. Eughh, decisions, decisions..
I love a good SL because you get the best of both worlds with a lenti and a FS finish and I’m so annoyed they have seemed to stick with this decision of 2 DLs for each release

Reactions: ethnosax
I love a good SL because you get the best of both worlds with a lenti and a FS finish and I’m so annoyed they have seemed to stick with this decision of 2 DLs for each release
Exactly that. I really miss a FS SL rear already. It sucks.