Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 801
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing different feedback
Some Hmv staff telling its not 3D

I not checked myself yet with Hmv

Is this confusion caused by there might be 2 steelbooks or its only 1
If it only 1 steelbook we need to know 100% if its 3D or only 2D

Indeed. I've bumped into more than my fair share of inept HMV employees. Consider yourself lucky if you ever get a good one.

It used to be: "You like music? You like films? Go work in HMV". Now it's more like: "You need a job? HMV are hiring".

I can't see it being two steelbooks, they might have been pleased with the sales for The Wolverine 3D steelbook, so are doing it again for DOFP. Another possibility is that when it was first announced staff weren't sure, and now they are sure.

i got told had to pay full price i was charged £21.99.

reckon this one will sell out myself hence the pre-order, also well done to hmv for doing pre-orders makes life easier than trying to get down on release day finding whats left if you get what i mean.

basil :thumbs:

I sent my girlfriend into the Cardiff store today and she had to pay £3 to pre order, she was told it's priced at £21.99 and that it will probably be cheaper than that. Personally I can't see it being any cheaper.

Well I asked the question on facebook and the response is

The exact details are still to be finalised but we believe it contain all formats.

I'll be amazed if it contains a DVD, The Wolverine didn't and nor have any of Fox's other recent releases, be they steelbooks or otherwise.

You can't really blame HMV for not knowing the exact details of a release that isn't expected for another 6 months.

I'm sure it'll include the 3D version. Haven't all recent Fox steelbooks contained 3D if it was available? Certainly Life of Pi and Percy Jackson did.

i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's a case of if they went online the stores might be in danger of closing But perhaps a compromise might be click and collect.

Yeah I think could of worked

It's just sometimes when steelbooks are in shops you end up seeing some battered to death, scratched, dinted etc because customers being careless with them.

You'd think they would keep them in the back of the store safely and you could just ask "Hey do you guys have the Days of Future Past steelbook left in the back" for example

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Can't sell them in the back you need to display them or rather have an empty case with a picture of the cover says ask staff for details.

Another advantage to click and collect is that you can be sure to get the title you want, how often have you gone into a HMV and seen empty spaces for a particular title.

Reactions: Metaldazman
Can't sell them in the back you need to display them or rather have an empty case with a picture of the cover says ask staff for details.

Another advantage to click and collect is that you can be sure to get the title you want, how often have you gone into a HMV and seen empty spaces for a particular title.

That's what I mean

I'd rather do that then pick up a copy which has been left on display for ages as many customers mark it, accidently drop it, throw it back on the shelf.

That doesn't eliminate the confusion, because the original version of the poster did not say 3D. Nor the email. At that price point it would seem that it includes 3D, but I just wanted actual confirmation before joining the group buy.

It's still a ways off, so I can just wait for HMV to get all their ducks in a row and actually confirm what product they're selling.

Reactions: digitalbabe
That doesn't eliminate the confusion, because the original version of the poster did not say 3D. Nor the email. At that price point it would seem that it includes 3D, but I just wanted actual confirmation before joining the group buy.

It's still a ways off, so I can just wait for HMV to get all their ducks in a row and actually confirm what product they're selling.

Yea it kind of does eliminate it. The original was a early poster, the picture of the placeholder i posted were dotted all around HMV in DVD Cases a few days after the poster was released so it seems HMV updated there info.

What further confirmation do you need?

Last edited:
It would be a good idea when the HMV steels are released, if they have a place holder on the shelf that you take to the counter. That way they dont get "accidentally scratched or dropped" by customers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk