Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,955
Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft E3 info leaked [Rumor]

Halo 5
Killer Instinct
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty Land
Forza Motorsport 5
Quantum Break
Halo: Spartan Assault
Ryse
Fable IV
Crackdown 3
Fortnite
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Dying Light
Prey 2
Homefront 2
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Rainbow 6: Patriots
Brother in Arms: Furious Four
League of Legends

ms-e3-leak.jpg

We'll just have to wait until next monday to find out what's true :p

Reactions: herpderp
FROM Fables FB page just now.
looks like possible 360 but I hope xbox one

426772_486385948096147_213224020_n.jpg

945624_486385954762813_1260248589_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Who here has monday off to watch the event live ?

I do :oohyeah:

FROM Fables FB page just now.
looks like possible 360 but I hope xbox one

426772_486385948096147_213224020_n.jpg

945624_486385954762813_1260248589_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Who here has monday off to watch the event live ?

I do :oohyeah:

They did say that had some huge news for the Xbox 360 put didn't hint at anything in particular.

They did say that had some huge news for the Xbox 360 put didn't hint at anything in particular.

Hmmm Fable HD is cool and all

Loved the game and will likely play the updated version at some point but not really that that interesting

lol perhaps the news is MS is going to start churning out HD versions of all its old exclusives???

Uh oh

[media=youtube]ifa9Q7ATfVA[/media]
Yeah, we found out shortly after the show. Apparently that wasn't the actual episode of Price is Right that was live at the time. Plus there were videos of an actual demonstration and while it worked ok (choppy video on initial channel pull-up) it wasn't as smooth as the stage presentation.

Originally Posted by Kyoufu: View Post
Yeah there's a video interview where they actually show the real UI with the snap feature runs at like 5 frames per second. They faked all of it on stage.

The video is question, from Wired, shows the UI in real time, it is choppy and slow.
ibqdrfIUSn00AV.gif

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

RUMOR MS having eSRAM yield problems with Xbox One manufacturing

Here's a small sample of where the conversation was going and where we ended up:
Originally Posted by thuway: View Post
I am not trying to bring out the MS Defense Force at me, but I've heard GPU clocks might be downgraded. 8-900 gigaflops for gaming. The APU is big. This isn't 100% confirmed though and is being done to improve yields.

CBoat do you mind adding anything?
Originally Posted by Proelite: View Post
Hmm, I've been hearing some of this myself. It'll be hilarious if MS tries to sell a more expensive gaming machine with 1/2 of the perf. Knowing people's buying habits, they still might beat Sony on the market though. :/
Also someone has suggested to me sony is doing the same, but I've heard from Sony devs the machine is very mature and not facing the issues Xbox One is. Microsoft started late.
I wouldn't worry about Sony. In fact I am hearing the issue is because ES RAM is causing issues.
Nope. Clocks can only go down at this stage as they try to get acceptable yields.

Releasing useless info such as transistors count but not clock speeds should tell you all.
Power has never killed a system. Developers aren't upset by this btw, they can easily scale down. 1080p might not be defacto for Xbone.
Perf tweaking is the easiest and last thing to do in development.

We're not talking about the ram or clocks being halved.
I heard this today from someone reliable, but I don't want to make this a fact unless I hear it from more than one source. ProElite is saying he's heard this too, but I want someone else to confirm before this turns out to be true or false. If it's false I'll be tarred and hung, but I take those risks when I hear things :/.
Originally Posted by SenjutsuSage: View Post
I'll help out. I can confirm for a fact that it's false. If I'm wrong, I'll take a ban. I can't say how I know this for sure, but I'm pretty damn sure.
Originally Posted by chubigans: View Post
Have you shared any info like this in the past? Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with your posts.
Nope, I don't speak nearly as often on here about what I know for certain on the new Xbox. In fact, I try not to be the subject of any leaks, because I'd more or less be betraying someone's trust, but in the case of this most recent thing about a downclock of the GPU, I literally begged permission to say definitively that it's absolutely not true.

The only thing that's true is that they are having a bit of a headache with the ESRAM. THAT is certainly true, but (all speculation after this) I think that's more down to the manufacturing difficulty of the ESRAM and yields, not actually using a finished and working version of the GPU for software related purposes.

LOL. Nice dig :)
That's great to hear :).
Originally Posted by StevieP: View Post
I've heard the same about the ESRAM (as I shared with another poster who mentioned as such in this thread), and truthfully I think that's where all of the yield issues are coming from. Whether they need to downclock something to improve yields is a different story, but MS' APU is much more complicated and required a lot more engineers at AMD/ATI for a reason.
Originally Posted by aeolist: View Post
downclocking the GPU wouldn't make any sense if the ESRAM is causing yield problems

and if the CPU or GPU sections of the chip are causing any issues then expect to see the same from sony, they're using the same architecture, chip foundry, and even roughly similar die sizes
Correct. However Sony's pretty much good to go at this point, pre-manufacture. (edit: and their APU is much less complicated - ie no ESRam). We'll see how their manufacture goes over the next couple months.
I've had things wrong before too. I was led to believe there would be "special sauce"- when in reality all that was an audio processor, ES RAM, and move engines. I also was told sizes of the PS4 box that were totally false as well. Like I said, I'm not stating this as fact, but I've heard this issue from a source who is in the know, and I'm HAPPY to be wrong. I don't put myself out there for no reason.
Get used to it. Across all future platforms

Before you guys jump on thuway, keep this in mind: being a "third hand" source (or even a second-hand source) aka a "leak" is prone to being lead astray sometimes, or sometimes getting unclear or misunderstood information. What he says is not told to play with gaffers' minds (as some other posters attempt to) but to share as much as he can, right or wrong (and often right).
Yea, it's definitely the more complex design of the two. I think they much rather come in understocked at launch, though, if it came to that, rather than mess with the GPU clocks.

Just one conclusion. "So obviously this is an early build."

[media=youtube]ifa9Q7ATfVA[/media]#t=1m54s
Originally Posted by eastmen: View Post
choppy UI = Lower clocked parts and beta code. That would make sense.

MS is most likely waiting on a respin to come back to see whats going on. Rumors of yield problems have existed since last year so I'm sure they have something going on.

PS4 is doing just fine the last I heard. I wouldn't worry about Sony.

BTW - some other site is claiming -

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...z#.Ua6w90Cnzrw

Originally Posted by Spongebob: View Post
That comes from the same source that was right about Evolution's game (Drive Club).

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...d#.Ua6yutirRpg

Hmmm Fable HD is cool and all

Loved the game and will likely play the updated version at some point but not really that that interesting

lol perhaps the news is MS is going to start churning out HD versions of all its old exclusives???
I really could not get enough playing the original. I mean it only had like 8-9 hrs of gameplay but i believe for one of mine i spent a total of 45 hrs.... I HAD A FRIGGN blast .

Halo anniversary was nice for me tho
Fable HD is for Xbox 360.

Such a shame but thanks for posting.

Im staying positive until monday.

The whole possible connecting online doesnt bother me.

I actually like some of the tv stuff.

I DONT have cable because Im never really home so when I am i game watch a blu-ray or use the amazon prime app to watch tv shows.

I personally dont have a friend that doesnt have live but it is unfortunate that the small amont who dont may be affected.

I would not mind seeing halo 5 as a launch title.

And if these games cant be re sold it would be cool if the prices were lower if not no big deal.

Not trying to start a war, I have both a PS3 and 360(also have a wii but really just use it for netflix). As someone who really enjoys the 360 and especially the exclusives like Halo and Gears. What are are positives/pro's of the new xbox? I have been hearing a LOT of bad and while I'm not fan of everything, complaining wont change it.

Curious to hear what you guys think about what the good stuff about the new system.

I never said anyone specific.And your not the only one who posted one of those memes,so just chill out.

Im chill, everyone seems to think im attacking.

Anyways for the poster above, the goods would be the TV overlay if it works like described, the ability to do multiple things at once, and the exclusives. Waiting for E3 to either give me more or destroy all hope.