Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,955
Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to start a war, I have both a PS3 and 360(also have a wii but really just use it for netflix). As someone who really enjoys the 360 and especially the exclusives like Halo and Gears. What are are positives/pro's of the new xbox? I have been hearing a LOT of bad and while I'm not fan of everything, complaining wont change it.

Curious to hear what you guys think about what the good stuff about the new system.
Sort of a off track story that I have put in spoilers
The only sony system I had was the PSone I enjoyed driver crash spyro ect. I had bought a ps2 but shortly after I gave it to my brother just lost interest in it. And got a xbox for my bday. My cousin got me halo my first game and i was hooked in the new system. when they would come over we would all play and iT was a blast. Got fable later on that my brother bought me. He got rid of his ps2 and got a xbox and then he got a slim ps2 later on. After the ps1 sony just lost my attention entirely.I bought a ps3 a few years ago for my brother during tax season and I played for 2 months (when I moved back in briefly with my parents but only played cod really and some mass effect. We both have 360's he bought me a slim at christmas and he now has 2 360's.
He is buying me the Xbox one to pay me back for all that ive done for him in the past. I dont hate sony I just have come to enjoy xbox much more im excited for e3 for both MS and sony I wont lie sonys controller has caught my attention. AS i got older the PS controllers were harder and harder to use because I have larger hands

For me so far the new Halo show halo 5 fable and forza are why im gearing towards tHE ONE. the controller has me really interested as well.
I agree that it would have been nice to see more than the tv features but hey we still have e3

Reactions: Colombianlove41
Haha, this is why I had to leave the thread for a bit, everyone is so defensive. Moving on...

I got this email today from TrueAcheiments.com

Spartan assault is only for PC I see?

Many games have already been announced, such as Fable Anniversary, a HD remake of Fable. Halo: Spartan Assault is a top-down shooter that will be arriving on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Fantasia: Music Evolved is a collaboration between Disney and Harmonix that will be arriving on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Finally, Diablo III has been confirmed to be arriving on Xbox 360 at the same time as the Playstation 3 version.

Reactions: Xavier
Not sure if this video was posted yet, but I really enjoyed it. It gets right down to what the Xbox One is all about. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, this is why I had to leave the thread for a bit, everyone is so defensive. Moving on...

I got this email today from TrueAcheiments.com

Spartan assault is only for PC I see?

Id be shocked if they did not release it later on in the market place. What little video I have seen of it had the feel of halo wars....

What are your thoughts on the new controller. A few vids now up showing it off. It does seem a little bigger which I LOVE and I like how the battery pack is tucked away.

Also Ive noticed (more so on amazon) that games for the ps4 and xbox one are $100 mark. Now I understand they are prob just place holders (hopefully) but I am hoping for much less.

And does anyone think xbox one will be using BD size cases now that it will have a BD player?

Last edited:
I'm undecided about the Xbox One at the moment. I'll more than likely be swayed with what is announced at E3.

I was Playstation 2, then switched over to an Xbox 360 so my 'loyalty' is currently up in the air. Personally, unless some brilliant exclusives are announced at E3 for either console I'll probably hang off a year.

Metal Gear solid 5 actually looks a bit interesting to me...

They showed off a new 360 model.

Microsoft will be giving away 2 free games a month starting july 1st for gold members for the 360.

all new halo fps im so happy...

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Price $499 for xbox one

Only caught the end of the conference so the only thing I can comment on atm is the price.
£429 was more than I was expecting but I'm sure the PS4 will be around the same price now so, you know.

How long was it on for ? I might try and watch it in full later, if not tomorrow.

bit expensive dont you think? Sony made the same mistake with price of PS3 and that bombed at launch

That was pre handheld market.It cost 500 dollars for an i pad so why can't you pay five hundred dollars for a console?

They showed a hell of a lot of games.Ryse Looks crazy,but will only be an exclusive at launch.MGS IV is just what i thought it would be.It has to evolve as the stealth genre is all but dead.Same thing has happened with Splinter Cell.

the 499 price point is what i have been saying since the start.These consoles will both be about 500.back when the ps3 launched five hundred dollars was a whole lot, but now that's kind of cheap.There are cell phones that cost that much.

I liked the RYSE video and even Titan Fall, those two titles looked good. Not enough to persuade me to get an Xbone, but certainly enough to keep me intrigued.

As far as the live TV functionality goes, I read this in the XboxOne FAQ on Game website.

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox One?

A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that's television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set top box (as is the case with many providers in the US). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

Game XboxOne FAQ

I liked the RYSE video and even Titan Fall, those two titles looked good. Not enough to persuade me to get an Xbone, but certainly enough to keep me intrigued.

Lucky you, Titanfall is also a PC game. :D

That was pre handheld market.It cost 500 dollars for an i pad so why can't you pay five hundred dollars for a console?

They showed a hell of a lot of games.Ryse Looks crazy,but will only be an exclusive at launch.MGS IV is just what i thought it would be.It has to evolve as the stealth genre is all but dead.Same thing has happened with Splinter Cell.

the 499 price point is what i have been saying since the start.These consoles will both be about 500.back when the ps3 launched five hundred dollars was a whole lot, but now that's kind of cheap.There are cell phones that cost that much.

What do you say now after the $399 announcement for PS4? $500 still worth it?