Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,958
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like how many dance and party games have come out on kinect. I'm going to pass this time around until there r tons of games I want that r out for it. PS4 has lots of games I'm interested in already. :)
I just looked and all the Xboxone games I would play r multi platform. Lol Seriously is there a reason to get the Xboxone? I haven't done a ton of research but the ps4 looks better IMO. Cheaper, better games, more ram. No kinect, works with my vita, no download of every game, Netflix works without ps plus, kill zone, god of war, free games, and out of hard drive space on my ps3. Somebody try to sell this Xboxone to me cause I'm not seeing a reason to get one ATM.

Last edited:
Xbox One Dashboard Created “With Advertising In Mind”

"Microsoft hopes to use the voice recognition features of the new Kinect to deliver targeted advertisements to individual users."

xbox-one-dashboard-550x309.jpg

If you already have concerns about the Kinect 2.0 being able to "spy"
on you and record your habits, this news from the Technical Account
Manager for Xbox LIVE Advertising probably won't help. "With the new
Xbox One, the technology and Kinect has improved a lot, so that actually
the voice recognition, the way you speak to your Xbox and the transition
between gaming and watching TV is a lot smoother, and hopefully we
can transpire that into advertising that we do." He went on to say
that the new Xbox One dashboard was designed "with advertising in
mind."

The attending Xbox LIVE Advertising Developer did, however, assure
us that the Xbox's API has plenty of restrictions for advertisers
in place in order to protect the end user. "[Microsoft] is very keen
on protecting the user from any sort of abuse so we can't do certain
things."

The Xbox One dashboard will also change how ads are displayed to users.
"On Xbox [One], the ad is part of the actual experience, it's not
something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement
we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware
of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the
whole experience on the dash." Sounds to me like they are deliberately
trying to trick people into clicking on ads by making them seem like
they aren't ads, but an official part of the dashboard.

It also seems that despite Microsoft's big push into tablets and Smartglass,
the advertising team is having none of it. "We already have two controllers
that we have to deal with, [Smartglass] is just an unnecessary obstacle."

**More detailed information in regards to this topic can be found
at the original source:http://sticktwiddlers.com/2013/06/28/xbox-one-dashboard-created-with-advertising-in-mind/

Don't forget though that Microsoft only has one listing for the One and Sony has 6 different listings for the PS4. The "Launch Edition" listing was only available during the first day i believe, and it still is at #19 in all of video games. They also have consoles and bundles which are currently at #10, #17, #32, and #35. I wonder what the totals would be, if they added all of the numbers together.

Xbox-One is currently sitting at #5, at the time of me posting this.

Reactions: Jace88
"Microsoft hopes to use the voice recognition features of the new Kinect to deliver targeted advertisements to individual users."

xbox-one-dashboard-550x309.jpg

If you already have concerns about the Kinect 2.0 being able to "spy"
on you and record your habits, this news from the Technical Account
Manager for Xbox LIVE Advertising probably won't help. "With the new
Xbox One, the technology and Kinect has improved a lot, so that actually
the voice recognition, the way you speak to your Xbox and the transition
between gaming and watching TV is a lot smoother, and hopefully we
can transpire that into advertising that we do." He went on to say
that the new Xbox One dashboard was designed "with advertising in
mind."

The attending Xbox LIVE Advertising Developer did, however, assure
us that the Xbox's API has plenty of restrictions for advertisers
in place in order to protect the end user. "[Microsoft] is very keen
on protecting the user from any sort of abuse so we can't do certain
things."

The Xbox One dashboard will also change how ads are displayed to users.
"On Xbox [One], the ad is part of the actual experience, it's not
something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement
we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware
of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the
whole experience on the dash." Sounds to me like they are deliberately
trying to trick people into clicking on ads by making them seem like
they aren't ads, but an official part of the dashboard.

It also seems that despite Microsoft's big push into tablets and Smartglass,
the advertising team is having none of it. "We already have two controllers
that we have to deal with, [Smartglass] is just an unnecessary obstacle."

**More detailed information in regards to this topic can be found
at the original source:http://sticktwiddlers.com/2013/06/28/xbox-one-dashboard-created-with-advertising-in-mind/

I'm not surprised at all. Micro$oft wants that $.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a problems with the adds.They never clutter the screen anf they are usually tucked off in the lower corners,and sometime lead to free stuff such as themes, profile pics and avatar clothing.

It's not like they let everyone advertise on there service they only have big names, and a lot of the time i see military adds to raise funds for purchases and such.I would like a lower price point from xbl though since we are getting hit with adds.

The only time I sort of get bothered by the ads is when I accidentally roll over them and the music or sound blows out my ear drums :)

Hopefully we'll also see some enticing bundles etc for Xbox One. MS can't afford to lose US and UK ground to Sony given they're the cornerstone of most their sales

I don't like how many dance and party games have come out on kinect. I'm going to pass this time around until there r tons of games I want that r out for it. PS4 has lots of games I'm interested in already. :)
I just looked and all the Xboxone games I would play r multi platform. Lol Seriously is there a reason to get the Xboxone? I haven't done a ton of research but the ps4 looks better IMO. Cheaper, better games, more ram. No kinect, works with my vita, no download of every game, Netflix works without ps plus, kill zone, god of war, free games, and out of hard drive space on my ps3. Somebody try to sell this Xboxone to me cause I'm not seeing a reason to get one ATM.

Interesting that the only word you spell wrong is are :p

i didn't expect the 360 controller to be so high on the list.How many people are breaking their remotes?

Funny because I didn't either until my LB button went on my favorite controller. Now with the new console coming, I have some older ones but I don't feel like its worth buying a cool $60 controller

They've sold more 360's in England than Sony have sold PS3s but we aren't big enough to sway a tide. I'm sure XBO will do fine but it feels like they'll be hard pushed to shift as many units as this gen if they make anymore blunders. If the WiiU keeps struggling they might avoid third place this time though :)

One thing I forgot to mention in the #XboxOne unboxing: 2 AA batteries for the controller are included in the box http://mjr.mn/178xMEQ

And it also seems they have now added in a headset for all Xbox One consoles. Microsoft has really done a 180, and if they didn't have the bad press before, would be in a really good spot right now. Also none of the casuals will even remember all of this and price will be the only factor between the two consoles. This is good for the industry.

Another backflip? Back in May, Microsoft said that you'll need have the motion-sensing Kinect plugged in at all times in order for your Xbox One to function, but now they're reversing course once again.

We already knew that you could turn off the Kinect, but now Microsoft says it doesn't have to be plugged in at all. Speaking to IGN, Microsoft's Marc Whitten shared the news that the Xbox One will indeed work without Kinect.

"That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor," he said.

Asked just how "off" the Kinect can be, Whitten answered totally off.

"You have the ability to completely turn the sensor off in your settings. When in this mode, the sensor is not collecting any information. Any functionality that relies on voice, video, gesture or more won’t work. We still support using it for IR blasting in this mode. You can turn the sensor back on at any time through settings, and if you enter into a required Kinect experience (like Kinect Sports Rivals for instance), you’ll get a message asking if you want to turn the sensor back on in order to continue."

This is yet another entry to add to the list of stunning reversals in Xbox One policy made by Microsoft over the past few months. In June, Microsoft switched course on Xbox DRM, and they've flipped on all sorts of other policies since then.

Microsoft has said they have no intentions of selling an Xbox One without Kinect, so the Kinect is still mandatory in that sense. But Microsoft has changed their minds once or twice before.

The Xbox One will cost $500, Microsoft has said. That's with the Kinect. For comparison, the PS4 will be $400. The Wii U premium package costs $350.

UPDATE: And here's Microsoft senior exec Albert Penello, posting on NeoGAF about the flip. (Bolded emphasis mine)

We still believe in Kinect. We aren’t interested in splitting the development base. The more demos I’ve seen, the more I’ve used it – the more impressed I am. The team feels strongly about Kinect, and I hope we’re able to prove that when you use it.

We also have a ton of privacy settings to allow people to turn off the camera, or microphones, or put it in a state just for “Xbox On” and IR blasting – there will be a lot of user control for that.

The thing we all understood, and hence this change, is that there are some scenarios where people just may not be comfortable. We wanted people to be 100% comfortable, so we allow the sensor to be unplugged. And clearly the “it dropped” scenario is possible.

The most obvious thing is watching a DVD/BD, or streaming a movie, or HDMI pass-through, your experience isn’t impacted (except you miss voice and IR blasting)

There is no “gotcha”, but obviously, if there is a game that REQUIRES Kinect (like Rivals), or something where Kinect IS the experience (like Skype), those won’t work.

That said, for people who have privacy concerns there are user control settings, which we believe are great.

Lol another flip on the original vision. If they were so incredibly sure of the success, why backtrack so much? These latest moves only scream no confidence on the product.

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
Lol another flip on the original vision. If they were so incredibly sure of the success, why backtrack so much? These latest moves only scream no confidence on the product.

Xbox 180. At least they see they were wrong and customers keep winning.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Complete List of Announced Xbox One Games

Found this last night, thought some of you may be interested.

We’re really excited to see the positive response to the Xbox One games line-up and remain committed to making Xbox One the best place to play games. Below is the complete list of announced Xbox One games – for more information, visit news.xbox.com

Note: This list is current as of August 19, 2013. We will continue to update it with additional titles and experiences as they are announced, including upcoming announcements at this week’s gamescom.

Titles in bold are Xbox platform exclusives or exclusively first on Xbox

Titles colored in green will have exclusive or timed exclusive content available on Xbox

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Below (Capy Games, Microsoft Studios)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
D4 (Access Games, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft Studios)
Destiny (Bungie, Activision)
Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved (Harmonix, Disney Interactive)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (BioWare, Electronic Arts)
Dying Light (Techland, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
EA SPORTS UFC (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
FIFA 14 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, Square Enix)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Halo Xbox One (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
Kinect Sports Rivals (Rare, Microsoft Studios)
Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix 1st Production Department, Square Enix)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
LocoCycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Mad Max (Avalanche Studios, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Madden NFL 25 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Kojima Productions, Konami)
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (Mojang Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Mirror's Edge 2 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PopCap Games, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Project Spark (Microsoft Studios)
Quantum Break (Remedy, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Star Wars Battlefront (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games, Microsoft Studios)
The Crew (Ivory Towers, Ubisoft)
The Elder Scrolls Online (ZeniMax Online Studios, Bethesda Softworks)
The Evil Within (Tango Gameworks, Bethesda Softworks)
The LEGO Movie Videogame (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – North America)
Thief (Eidos Montreal, Square Enix)
Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment, Electronic Arts)*
Tom Clancy's The Division (Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (MachineGames, Bethesda Softworks)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

*Titanfall will also be available for PC

Sourced from: http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-xbox-one-games-list