Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
XB1 - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan
XB1S - United Kingdom | United States | Canada | France | Germany | Japan

XB1X - UK Game | UK Amazon | USA Amazon

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.​

XB1.jpg

Attachments

• XB.png
    XB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,956
Last edited by a moderator:
This makes thing very interesting.Now the kinect thing has to be addressed.Selling at 100 more probably wont hurt them,as much now, because with all the ps plus and xbl subs games both console will be around 700 or 800 bucks when all is said and done.

Glad to see common sense prevailed here an they didn't go through with these moves and lose all their fans.

As much as I like that they removed the restrictions....too little too late for me....major nelson and all those execs were so smug when they introduced all of this crap in the first place...no sir, they are not to be trusted!

This! But now I will get an xbox one quicker than before. Need to play Sunset Overdrive.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Well this did not take long. Well I'm still keeping my pre order from amazon. Just wish they would have done this from the start. Because they look a little foolish.

I'm glad Microsoft reversed their position on those insane requirements but that kinect thing still has me weirded out. I'm kind of a lazy old school gamer and have never really had interest in playing games that require actual movement aside from random button pushing and it would be so much easier if it wasn't forced. I'll probably end up unplugging it when it's not on.

Yup, too late M$! You've lost my business

The only bright side is they woke up and smelled the flowers from everyone that was upset....

Does anyone know anything about the supposed free 1 year of live in the xbox day one edition. just curious I see different areas mention it online but have yet found a link to any actual proof!

Fyi this will be my first day system launch EVER! Ive never had the money in the past!

This is great news for die-hard Xbox fans! But as most have already said... it's too little too late for a lot of people and I don't feel they can be fully trusted now, mainly because they obviously only backtracked due to low pre-order sales. They've got a lot of reassuring to do, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is as good as it's going to get unfortunately.

It's already jumped up to number 3 on Amazons best sellers chart

u9EX2wx.png

I'm an xbox fan and it's great that they're removing the DRM restrictions, however they are also removing a lot of great features such as game sharing and being able to play your games without discs on any xbox..

What they should have done was removed the 24hr online checkup and kept all the sharing features, however made it so that if you wanted to play offline you have to insert the disc

Last edited:
I'm an xbox fan and it's great that they're removing the DRM restrictions, however they are also removing a lot of great features such as game sharing and being able to play your games without discs on any xbox..

What they should have done was removed the 24hr online checkup and kept all the sharing features, however made it so that if you wanted to play offline you have to insert the disc

Yeah, kind of disappointed with these features being removed. Especially not having to have this disk in when playing.

Reactions: mrDamage and Frasr
This is great news for die-hard Xbox fans! But as most have already said... it's too little too late for a lot of people and I don't feel they can be fully trusted now, mainly because they obviously only backtracked due to low pre-order sales. They've got a lot of reassuring to do, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is as good as it's going to get unfortunately.

Not to mention that once they selling their few million Xbox Ones, who's to say that they won't just switch back to their original state and lock things and whatnot? All it takes is a simple mandatory update. After all, we all know what they truly want now. They're doing this for the $$$, not for their fanbase. If it was for their fans, they wouldn't have done it to begin with.

Reactions: Jace88
Microsoft still has a digital vision, despite caving in on certain DRM policies.

"While we are adding in the ability to use physical discs, we still believe in the power of a digital and cloud-powered future played out at launch and rolled out over time," Xbox Live corporate VP Marc Whitten told Polygon.

"You are going to see us invest a ton in all of the ways digital builds experiences. You have to be connected [for cloud processing to work]. All of the things that require the internet will require the console to connect. We want and expect most people to take advantage of those things, but we also want to give people the choice that they can play offline."

People still have issues of course, mainly with the fact that Kinect is required and with the initial cost of the console, the latter of which is not likely to change.

"On the price we feel strongly that we are delivering an immense value in gaming and entertainment. What we wanted to do was tell our complete story. We knew our complete story was partially told at the Xbox One unveil and partially told at E3. We wanted to put our story out there and show the great games we have coming. We did that and people gave us a ton of feedback."

Source: ShopTo News

What is a bit of a shock to me honestly is monday xbox one moved to the #1 position for pre-ordereds on amazon. Because they had went through the ps4 launch system.And it is still #1 . I honestly believe sony had something similar planed for the ps4 but decided not to go that route because of the backlash M$ got. But we may never know.

I was actually looking forward to not having the disc in to play but it wont kill me.

I'm glad Microsoft reversed their position on those insane requirements but that kinect thing still has me weirded out. I'm kind of a lazy old school gamer and have never really had interest in playing games that require actual movement aside from random button pushing and it would be so much easier if it wasn't forced. I'll probably end up unplugging it when it's not on.

From what they have been saying from the start the Kinect can be completely turned off.There seems to be some kind of switch on the kinect itself.But,If that is the case then why can't i just unhook the damn thing,lol.

Reactions: ash1115
From what they have been saying from the start the Kinect can be completely turned off.There seems to be some kind of switch on the kinect itself.But,If that is the case then why can't i just unhook the damn thing,lol.

You most likely can just unplug it from the Xbox. It is highly doubtful it will come permanently attached, firstly because it would make the Xbox difficult to package like that, and secondly the cable could get damaged during packing or transit.

You most likely can just unplug it from the Xbox. It is highly doubtful it will come permanently attached, firstly because it would make the Xbox difficult to package like that, and secondly the cable could get damaged during packing or transit.

I'm sure it won't be built into the consoles, but they say it has to be kinected all the time so they might as well have built it attached.

Reactions: Jace88