Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to see so many steels that are apparently sold out at the convention

Yeah nice to know that if you got a damaged copy they would basically lie to you and say none left, when by the looks of it they have plenty for those arriving damaged.

They are getting torn apart on their facebook page for this too, and rightly so too!

I saved the pics they posted "just incase they took them down" :naughty:

I would have been so upset seeing Zavvi in person the pretty shocking treatment we have all had from them. I would have turned up with all my damaged ones they said were 'sold out' and be like "...I'll be swapping my damaged ones for the the miraculously appearing copies on the stall..."

Can't believe zavvi :(

Reactions: Paperinukke
My biggest issue with Zavvi came with Cap 2. I ordered two copies figuring I would definitely have to get at least one of them mint, and both came with a spine slash.
I used their message service to let them know and said that I wanted to return one copy for a full refund and would simply keep the one with the smallest slash rather than ask for any kind of discount on it.
They agreed and gave me the info to ship back and stated I would have my shipping refunded as well.

Only 3 days after sending it back and posting the tracking info to them, they refunded me for shipping which was great! Then, two days after that, I received a message stating that it had been received at their return center and that someone would be in touch soon about my refund.
A week went by with nothing, so I tried to message them again but the message system on the site wasn't working so I emailed them directly.
No response for a week again, so I posted on their facebook page with the order number and asked for someone to contact me.
No response for a 3rd week, so I tried the message system again which still failed. A couple days later the site was revamped and I could send a message through it finally.
I received a message back saying that they had refunded me already and the date of the refund.
Of course, when I went to check, that was only the shipping.
I emailed back that I had received a refund for the shipping only, but not for the steelbook.
The response was that the refund had already been processed for $9.90 or something like that.
AGAIN I responded with the full line of information all in one message.
contacted this date - shipped this date - shipping refund received this date - received by you this date - attempted contact - attempted contact - attempted contact - attempted contact...

Overall, it took over a full month to get my money refunded and the last message I received was "Your refund has been processed."

Happy to get a refund, but holy crap man, a 24.99GBP refund is quite a chuck to be sitting on for over a month. Not for them, obviously, but for a consumer.

Hi all,

I have had a nightmare with orders I have received mainly from Zavvi. Most of them seem to be Disney titles, but not limited to them, as others have had the same thing. Namely the corners are not finished correctly and I have asked for replacements. Now the replacements have the same damage, so I took this as the manufacturer is not making/finishing these correctly.

Now the other thing is I have recently sent back about 14 items, and a number of them have been replaced, but they are the same. Some of these have not been replaced as yet, as they seem to forget to send them out!!! So I contacted Zavvi again with a list of the ones that have not been replaced and another list of replacements that are damaged the same.

So Zavvi's way of dealing with this is to put my account on hold, so that I could not access it (thought it was the new website and that my account had been deleted, so had to contact them through facebook). I have been messaged back and they are quite insistent that the damage is caused by the mailing company (royal mail), but the damage is under the cellophane, so I can not see this is caused by the delivery method.

Now here is the punchline to there response, they have stated that if any more orders have the same damage, then they won't be able to deliver to my address and will have to close my account!!!! How the hell can they even think of this course of action. It does seem like they are afraid of going back to the manufacturer and stating the quality is poor! Furthermore what sort of customer service is this, it is extremely poor as far as I am concerned.

Now I want to see if other's have had the same damage or if it is a delivery issue. Also am I being too fussy, are other people getting the same and just accepting it? Picture attached for reference.
Robin Hood Corner.jpg

Thanks all.

Wow that's shocking but sadly doesn't surprise me. We have been having so much **** also. The stretching seems to be pretty common it is a manufacturing flaw a lot of mine have it but so many of mine have come damaged and I don't mean wee marks, I mean huge dents and paints chips just totally unacceptable and we go through the long process to return and get replacements just as damaged if not more, friend you are mostly definitely not alone. :(

Last edited:
@yammyr4 just saw your intro post, are you new to steelbook collecting? This is very, very common with high gloss steelbooks. I have no idea how a steelbook is created but something to do with the gloss application process puts these scuff marks or so on 4 parts of steelbooks. They are not damaged, don't worry about it. I feel bad for zavvi lol.

All of my 'high' gloss steelbook from zavvi have this. V for vendetta, Moon, Wolf of Wallstreet UK, even inception FYE (made in 2010) has it. They are vary in range though, some you can't see but feel with finger others like yours above can see really well. Nothing to worry about man, just the way they are made!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
They really are a shambles, aren't they? Every time I ask for a refund I get a form through marked "replacement" and vice versa. You can't change it manually because it's a different code and god knows what would happen then. So everything takes another couple of days of back and forth before you finally get somewhere. I'm actually considering asking them for the opposite of what I want to save time.

And I added a message asking for my replacement to be packed properly this time and got this response: "We thank you for your on going co-operation and patience with this order. We hope you enjoy your product." :confused:

Reactions: Flash
It's funny after all the criticism of ones that were sold out reappearing at the Con and today a bunch that were sold out suddenly appear online and at some prices..

Also how many copies exactly were made of Nightmare before Christmas seems to have reappeared again :wtf:

For a long time I genuinely thought Zavvi were starting to simprove as a company. Guess it was just some temporary phase. During the past few months Zavvi have shipped damaged orders, consistently replied to the wrong query (whenever there's more than one active query in my account), and CANCELLED the wrong order (containing pre-orders). The most recent nightmare was when my order containing Disney pre-orders got stuck in the system and was told, after selveral weeks, that the order had to be cancelled. That's what's happened during the past few months. Previously I've received countless damaged orders and once they even sent me a damaged (smashed) return from their eBay store. I'm curious to see what else I might have to add to the list as Zavvi are getting ready to ship my existing pre-orders (that are not stuck in the system or accidentally cancelled by customer service).

Last edited:
Not sure if this is old news but I had a Paypal option at the checkout.
Unsure if it would've worked I used my CC.

With Dr Strangelove, Easy Rider, District9 etc being shipped over from the American and Candian collections, what's the betting they will do the same for Drive and make it a Zavvi exclusive...

Okayyyyy...

Today i received a new creditcard from my bank. MasterCard with a new cardnumber.
The old one was Visa.
What will happen with my preorders ?
Can't find the settings for creditcard on my account on the site either. Not that it would help , but anyway.

@Bengaloo Zavvi usually sends a message if the payment on file does not work when it's time to ship-it's order by order. You should then have a chance to change the card on each order that does not authorize with the outdated card.

Reactions: Bengaloo
On my account on Zavvi i tried to find information about my old card in order to change to the new one, but can't find anything.
I cancelled a few preorders today, that was still in stock and then ordered them again with the new card.
But 4 were sold out and still now pending on the old card.

On my account on Zavvi i tried to find information about my old card in order to change to the new one, but can't find anything.
I cancelled a few preorders today, that was still in stock and then ordered them again with the new card.
But 4 were sold out and still now pending on the old card.
Zavvi's system is so antiquated that there's no option to change the payment method for outstanding orders, their staff can't change it either apparently.

You'll have to actually wait for them to attempt to take payment, for it to fail and the automated email to be sent to you saying your payment method needs to be updated.
But you've got to be quick when you get that email too, else they'll just cancel the order and sell it to someone else.

I've got a couple of Zavvi pre-orders at the moment I'm going to have to go through that process for, because my payment card expires in December and the releases are after that.

Wow that's shocking but sadly doesn't surprise me. We have been having so much **** also. The stretching seems to be pretty common it is a manufacturing flaw a lot of mine have it but so many of mine have come damaged and I don't mean wee marks, I mean huge dents and paints chips just totally unacceptable and we go through the long process to return and get replacements just as damaged if not more, friend you are mostly definitely not alone. :(

Thanks Flash, I have had some that are dented, chipped or scratched also and these have been replaced, but the most I have received have this issue. The thing is they are claiming this is transit damage, which it clearly isn't as the wrapping is not damaged. I have had a response from them, and they are looking to close my account instead of dealing with and resolving the issues.

If I wanted to escalate this to Trading Standards, how do I do this for an online store?

@yammyr4 just saw your intro post, are you new to steelbook collecting? This is very, very common with high gloss steelbooks. I have no idea how a steelbook is created but something to do with the gloss application process puts these scuff marks or so on 4 parts of steelbooks. They are not damaged, don't worry about it. I feel bad for zavvi lol.

All of my 'high' gloss steelbook from zavvi have this. V for vendetta, Moon, Wolf of Wallstreet UK, even inception FYE (made in 2010) has it. They are vary in range though, some you can't see but feel with finger others like yours above can see really well. Nothing to worry about man, just the way they are made!

Hi nicblue, it's good to know that I am not the only person getting this, but very poor in that they are trying to sell a collectible at a premium and the quality is frankly rubbish! I have been collecting steelbooks now for about 18 months, and it is more recently (like this year) that the quality seems to have fallen. The earlier Disney titles seemed to be fine, like Finding Nemo, but the recent ones all have this poor workmanship.

Reactions: Flash