Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a second reply (that's 50 hours after I sent the original message now) from Zavvi about returning my damaged Steelbook, received an RMA form along with a Collect+ label.
However Zavvi managed to muck up yet again, by marking the return as one wanting a replacement, not refund as I requested.

Thankfully, I'm on my Mac at work... so just put a white box over the X in the replacement column, and added an X where it should have been in the refund column instead.

Is it really so hard to get something as simple as a return correct for Zavvi's staff? :confused:

Last edited:
Ugh, here's hoping they get it right. If not off to eBay it'll go.

Watch out for that. They usually do the same for me (state Refund when I ask for a Replacement and vice versa) and they have to issue a new form with a different code, which might explain why just changing it manually didn't work.

Watch out for that. They usually do the same for me (state Refund when I ask for a Replacement and vice versa) and they have to issue a new form with a different code, which might explain why just changing it manually didn't work.
Thanks for mentioning that, I hadn't sent it back yet (as I accidentally left the Steelbook at work yesterday) so I'll submit yet another support request in that case for them to correct it.

Third time lucky maybe?

Useless Zavvi. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning that, I hadn't sent it back yet (as I accidentally left the Steelbook at work yesterday) so I'll submit yet another support request in that case for them to correct it.

Third time lucky maybe?

Useless Zavvi. :grumpy:

No worries. Next time I have to deal with Zavvi I may just ask them for the opposite of what I want just to save some time.

Reactions: MrBMT
lol I just tried to place an order on Zavvi due to the fact that they keep sending 10% off codes and that I needed Superman Collection, but I just found out that they no longer send items to my country. What happened?

I think I'm the only Peruvian over here who has bought items from them and I have never reported an item lost or damaged. It's not that I care that much but it surprises me. I guess with this they enter the list of *** stores along with KimchiDVD for me.

Errrr since when have zavvi been charging for delivery in the UK ? Just ordered the alien steels to spray for someone and they are charging me £5 for delivery

Errrr since when have zavvi been charging for delivery in the UK ? Just ordered the alien steels to spray for someone and they are charging me £5 for delivery
Some Steelbooks now have next day delivery offered, the thing is though that they (stupidly) default to using it when available...

Checkout.png

As you obviously didn't notice that during checkout, that's why there's the extra charge.

Seems it was third time lucky after all, having sent a message saying that the RMA form they'd sent me was incorrect and had my return marked as for replacement rather than refund, this time a different person replied and confirmed they'd changed it to be processed as a refund on their system.

Actually sent it back via CollectPlus yesterday (seems a bit stupid having to do that considering I live all of a few miles away from their depot and it takes 3 days to get there via it, but never mind), so fingers crossed I actually get my refund.

what really annoys me is that its pretty much impossible to cancel an in stock order. Even if you order something and cancel it 1second after ordering the canellation will always fail. Why even have a cancel button on in stock orders as it just doesnt work. And the fact you have to wait at least 24hours for a reply from their staff is just stupid

The cut and paste reply you get from their customer services really gets annoying as hell too. You can write in detail about a damaged item and state you want a replacement and then they email you back ignoring everything you say and offer you a crappy 10% partial refund.

Tell me about it. I ordered Brick and cancel 2 minutes later, because I forgot to merge an old pre-order title. Zavvi sent it anyway and now offering to refund 15% of the value of the steel to cover shipping cost. The problem is I live in Canada and send back a steel with tracking is 27£ ... what a f*** crap ordering system, not able to cancel an item!

Anyone had this issue with them?

I ordered The Punisher as part of the deal with a pre-order of Guardians of the Galaxy. Got The Punisher promptly for the discounted price, but I recently checked in to see when Guardians was released and it's been cancelled for no good reason. Obviously, it's been sold out for a while now, so I can't reorder. I've messaged them but all they say is that they can't reinstate my order or anything. I'm absolutely gutted that I probably won't have a Guardians steel to go with my Marvel collection. Is there anything I can do?

I keep having my steelbooks stolen by the low paid postworkers in the profit-rich, newly privatised Royal Mail.... :meh:

...Does Any1 know why I cannot select Zavvi's premium Yodel or DPD next day services at checkout? ....is it my Browser perhaps ? (Safari) ?

Thanx.

I keep having my steelbooks stolen by the low paid postworkers in the profit-rich, newly privatised Royal Mail.... :meh:

...Does Any1 know why I cannot select Zavvi's premium Yodel or DPD next day services at checkout? ....is it my Browser perhaps ? (Safari) ?

Thanx.
I recently vetted a seller on ebay who got a Neg from a lady because her item was stolen from her doorstep!
Anyhoo, I'm glad that Zavvi have the Paypal option back, but it's 1% service charge if you use it. But their account settings don't let you see your CC on file. So everytime I order I'm putting in my card. But if I try Paypal option, it take me to a page that shows me the Paypal option plus my CC FIVE times in a row! (Obviously recording it each time I punch in the numbers when I didn't hit the PP button and went straight to Checkout). So, there is no real page to update the CC info correctly. It's weird.