Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 580
Last edited by a moderator:
There you go then, you just completed a full circle. If you originally posted it then why do you always say it's the studio that approaches them?
And yeah that's true but that odd time zavvi have a say, or they see our polls, and loads of people have recommended films to them including myslef.
Anyway I thought I had seen that original post about their recomendations and now I have again so I now know I wasn't going crazy
How can you make that out
It was me who posted that link on HDN in the first place it was from another website and was discussed by lot of us over a year ago
What I find funny is when its very obvious its not a zavvi decided release some still blame zavvi for the release and artwork even when its a world wide release in other countries just happens zavvi get to announce most of them first as they get the UK exclusive as they have contracts with film studios for a set number of releases as an exclusive and some yes are asked for by zavvi

Last edited:
How can you make that out
It was me who posted that link on HDN in the first place it was from another website and was discussed by lot of us over a year ago
What I find funny is when its very obvious its not a zavvi decided release some still blame zavvi even when its a world wide release in other countries just happens zavvi get to announce most of them first as they get the UK exclusive as they have contracts with film studios for a set number of releases as an exclusive and some yes are asked for by zavvi

?? Because on your previous post you said you posted that message on HDN !
And yeah I was involved in that conversation over a year ago.
And I complain that zavvi can't say "no" to any studio and even if that means it going to another retailer at least then it's a better service and customer service

?? Because on your previous post you said you posted that message on HDN !
And yeah I was involved in that conversation over a year ago.
And I complain that zavvi can't say "no" to any studio and even if that means it going to another retailer at least then it's a better service and customer service

You wont see amazon/hmv agree to take lots of titles as an exclusive as its high risk and if you look at amazon they only go after a few as exclusives
When its a general release its no risk to the retailer its with the film studio/distributor who has the risk

I'm glad that Zavvi say yes to a lot of releases as an exclusive
As it would mean I would have less choice to decide on if they said no
Its still a choice you and me and other have you decide to buy or not it no one is forced to purchase any release it called choice

As for Zavvi I only had very few problems with them out of over 300 steelbooks I purchased from them I only had 5 times a problem and each time it was sorted with only 3 releases Aladdin/Lion King and Guardians of the Galaxy I had to be strict with them for outcome I wanted and I got what I wanted even though it took lots of attempts to get it

If it was not for Zavvi you would not see the majority of the exclusives releases happen and most of the best releases have been from Zavvi yes there have been a few ones that could off been better off not released and I decided not to purchase the ones I did not want
Even if the best ones not so good ones had not been given to Zavvi and instead to amazon it would have still been the same steelbook

I gather from most of your posts you just don't like Zavvi for whatever reasons you have

I'm just glad they do get the exclusives as I get to choose to purchase

You wont see amazon/hmv agree to take lots of titles as an exclusive as its high risk and if you look at amazon they only go after a few as exclusives
When its a general release its no risk to the retailer its with the film studio/distributor who has the risk

I'm glad that Zavvi say yes to a lot of releases as an exclusive
As it would mean I would have less choice to decide on if they said no
Its still a choice you and me and other have you decide to buy or not it no one is forced to purchase any release it called choice

As for Zavvi I only had very few problems with them out of over 300 steelbooks I purchased from them I only had 5 times a problem and each time it was sorted with only 3 releases Aladdin/Lion King and Guardians of the Galaxy I had to be strict with them for outcome I wanted and I got what I wanted even though it took lots of attempts to get it

If it was not for Zavvi you would not see the majority of the exclusives releases happen and most of the best releases have been from Zavvi yes there have been a few ones that could off been better off not released and I decided not to purchase the ones I did not want
Even if the best ones not so good ones had not been given to Zavvi and instead to amazon it would have still been the same steelbook

I gather from most of your posts you just don't like Zavvi for whatever reasons you have

I'm just glad they do get the exclusives as I get to choose to purchase

I also choose the ones I want or wait for price drops, I leave loads out as they either don't appeal to me design wise or not a fan of the film but saying that I have bought the odd steelbook where I'm not a fan of the film but the artwork was great imo.

You are extremely lucky to not have many problems and I only had the odd problem for the first year - year and half but since pretty much the start of last year nearly every steelbook I've received has had some sort of damage where I've either had to send back for a replacement or accept a partial refund. Then mid last year they stated processing my returns wrong and issuing me a refund instead of a replacement ( and this wasn't because i had sent the same order back 3 or 4 times in a row but instead the the first time) so I stared getting annoyed with them about that.
and then having issues where I would get and answer from them through a query and i would Then message them back and get some crazy answer back or ignore my question and receive a generic answer that clearly showed they had not read my message.
I then got charged for imitation game and horns in December and this is just a small list of issues. I used to love them and still do in the sense that they sell the steelbooks I want but now I can't even get into my account and my email is not recognised when i try to reset my password which has made me the most angry I have ever been with them.

No not every release they annonce I agree with but it's massively noticeable how many they are now releasing And announcing and as an addict of this hobby (only myself to blame) and having an addictive nature and personality anyway aswell as me liking most films they announce it annoys me whether it's the studio bombarding them with catalogue titles or not that they realease so many in a month with those ridiculous prices.
They are taking full advantage of steelbook collectors whether it's them or the studios - it's zavvi who release them so I vent my anger towards them and sometimes the studios.
With wall.e an old pixar film with 1 disc and no 3d (I know the 3d is not avaliable) and not great art for £24.99 is pure p*ss take and on top of that releasing it in a month with another 3 pixar films and 2 live action disney films awell as a marvel catalogue title all for simular prices. They are the main ones I collect and you know Aswel as everyone else they will sell out quickly (maybe not into the woods and will be interesting to see how long wall.e lasts) and not giving collectors a choice really apart from pre ordering as those are the types of films us collectors love. And now they have lowered the print run a bit on the pixars I can't see them sticking around longer than previous releases. I just wish them and the studios spaced then out a bit (and who knows maybe there will be delays on some titles - it's happened in the past)

I'm very glad also they get the exclusives but recent experiences, flooding the market and their prices are putting me off

And your comment on you gather from most my posts I don't like them is purely because of my reasons stated. If they was to sort out there website, allow card details to be changed, adress changes, more decent prices especially on catalogue titles which I belive most should be around the £9.99 mark unless it includes 3d and a much better customer service with better answers back to queries instead of ignoring what you as the customer originally wrote and not having to wait longer than 24 hours for a reply I would be much happier.
I think a lot of people would be much happier too.
It's a love hate with zavvi, some days i love them and some days I want them to fail

I also choose the ones I want or wait for price drops, I leave loads out as they either don't appeal to me design wise or not a fan of the film but saying that I have bought the odd steelbook where I'm not a fan of the film but the artwork was great imo.

You are extremely lucky to not have many problems and I only had the odd problem for the first year - year and half but since pretty much the start of last year nearly every steelbook I've received has had some sort of damage where I've either had to send back for a replacement or accept a partial refund. Then mid last year they stated processing my returns wrong and issuing me a refund instead of a replacement ( and this wasn't because i had sent the same order back 3 or 4 times in a row but instead the the first time) so I stared getting annoyed with them about that.
and then having issues where I would get and answer from them through a query and i would Then message them back and get some crazy answer back or ignore my question and receive a generic answer that clearly showed they had not read my message.
I then got charged for imitation game and horns in December and this is just a small list of issues. I used to love them and still do in the sense that they sell the steelbooks I want but now I can't even get into my account and my email is not recognised when i try to reset my password which has made me the most angry I have ever been with them.

No not every release they annonce I agree with but it's massively noticeable how many they are now releasing And announcing and as an addict of this hobby (only myself to blame) and having an addictive nature and personality anyway aswell as me liking most films they announce it annoys me whether it's the studio bombarding them with catalogue titles or not that they realease so many in a month with those ridiculous prices.
They are taking full advantage of steelbook collectors whether it's them or the studios - it's zavvi who release them so I vent my anger towards them and sometimes the studios.
With wall.e an old pixar film with 1 disc and no 3d (I know the 3d is not avaliable) and not great art for £24.99 is pure p*ss take and on top of that releasing it in a month with another 3 pixar films and 2 live action disney films awell as a marvel catalogue title all for simular prices. They are the main ones I collect and you know Aswel as everyone else they will sell out quickly (maybe not into the woods and will be interesting to see how long wall.e lasts) and not giving collectors a choice really apart from pre ordering as those are the types of films us collectors love. And now they have lowered the print run a bit on the pixars I can't see them sticking around longer than previous releases. I just wish them and the studios spaced then out a bit (and who knows maybe there will be delays on some titles - it's happened in the past)

I'm very glad also they get the exclusives but recent experiences, flooding the market and their prices are putting me off

And your comment on you gather from most my posts I don't like them is purely because of my reasons stated. If they was to sort out there website, allow card details to be changed, adress changes, more decent prices especially on catalogue titles which I belive most should be around the £9.99 mark unless it includes 3d and a much better customer service with better answers back to queries instead of ignoring what you as the customer originally wrote and not having to wait longer than 24 hours for a reply I would be much happier.
I think a lot of people would be much happier too.
It's a love hate with zavvi, some days i love them and some days I want them to fail
I do understand they need better customer service and the website needs to be more flexible to change details like address and have the ability to change payment method for an order which amazon have

When I do have to message them I'm clear to the point as to what problem I have and what outcome I want
I'm always polite and not to loose my temper and I know that's not an easy thing to do with Zavvi when you get your first or second message reply from them as its usually an auto reply that often just is usual 10% and not what you asked for and sometimes not even an answer to your original message
The main problem with their system is its not the same person you get to reply to your message and you end up having to repeat yourself

What I do is I let them know if I'm not happy with their reply but same time been firm and polite and professional with my response

To be honest I used to prefer amazon for ordering but in last year I have found them to have not been as good as they use to be
The prices of steelbooks on amazon very rarely now drop and in lot of cases they are the most expensive and also postal costs have doubled for Rep Of Ireland and postal delivery time I have found for me in Rep of Ireland gone from regular delivery in 2-3 days to over a week and they use iParcel a lot now and customer service although is still miles better than Zavvi has on some occasions not been the previus high standard they had before

I find with Zavvi the price drops a big bonus if you have waited as you simply don't see that happen with the other retailers suck big price drops
Yes I get annoyed if I paid full price to see it drop 1 or 2 months later but I have gained more from the price drops with zavvi than from any other retailer for steelbooks overall

If its a release I want in the first place and I pay full price that's my choice and I rather Pre order than miss out on a release I want a lot if I have waited I either miss out or get it cheaper with a price drop

I sent you a Private Message just in case you missed it

Reactions: Flloydo
I do understand they need better customer service and the website needs to be more flexible to change details like address and have the ability to change payment method for an order which amazon have

When I do have to message them I'm clear to the point as to what problem I have and what outcome I want
I'm always polite and not to loose my temper and I know that's not an easy thing to do with Zavvi when you get your first or second message reply from them as its usually an auto reply that often just is usual 10% and not what you asked for and sometimes not even an answer to your original message
The main problem with their system is its not the same person you get to reply to your message and you end up having to repeat yourself

What I do is I let them know if I'm not happy with their reply but same time been firm and polite and professional with my response

To be honest I used to prefer amazon for ordering but in last year I have found them to have not been as good as they use to be
The prices of steelbooks on amazon very rarely now drop and in lot of cases they are the most expensive and also postal costs have doubled for Rep Of Ireland and postal delivery time I have found for me in Rep of Ireland gone from regular delivery in 2-3 days to over a week and they use iParcel a lot now and customer service although is still miles better than Zavvi has on some occasions not been the previus high standard they had before

I find with Zavvi the price drops a big bonus if you have waited as you simply don't see that happen with the other retailers suck big price drops
Yes I get annoyed if I paid full price to see it drop 1 or 2 months later but I have gained more from the price drops with zavvi than from any other retailer for steelbooks overall

If its a release I want in the first place and I pay full price that's my choice and I rather Pre order than miss out on a release I want a lot if I have waited I either miss out or get it cheaper with a price drop

I sent you a Private Message just in case you missed it

When I measage them I am also very clear and to the point and I'm also polite (except one message last year)
That is also one good thing about them is price drops.

I still haven't heard from them and they have sent me 2 emails to the account that links with it one about wall.e Zbox and the other about a package I sent back that they received. I've sent about 6 emails to the feedback site, it's the only email I know they will get but they clearly haven't come accross it yet.
It's been over 24 hours now and I'm getting fed up.
Does anyone have another email for them? Apart from [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Okay so now day 2 and no reply from zavvi about my account! Absolutely terrible customer service. And I've sent countless emails to the feedback email - it's the only way I can find to contact them. Although I keep getting emails from them and query updates I suppose I'll know for real if the account has been deleted or a glitch when the imitation game starts to dispatch and i don't get a payment problem email or dispatch email if they haven't contacted me by then.

• Informative
I think zavvi have just deleted my account! Can't log in with my main email but can with another and when I got to reset my password it says email account not registered!
They literally emailed me back about something 40 mins ago too! Wtf. Anyone had this happen to them?

Just had the same mate , went on to pre order into the woods to see the same thing .

Going through my emails they had also cancelled all my orders on Thursday , so now all the sold out steels are now lost .NOT a happy bunny at the moment .

Just had the same mate , went on to pre order into the woods to see the same thing .

Going through my emails they had also cancelled all my orders on Thursday , so now all the sold out steels are now lost .NOT a happy bunny at the moment .

See I have had no cancellation emails or an email about my account, just can't access it and when I reset password it says no account exists. I've opened a new account and basically given them a 3 part message asking what has happened and how terrible it is they haven't got bcak to my umpteen messages on the feedback email. And that was yesterday and still nothing back. I also have ongoing queries on the account I can't access and they have been messaging me since Tuesday and this happened on Monday. It's terrible and they seriously don't give a **** about their customers.
The week before I was taking to a customer relationship official who was happy with my feedback and promised to take it all on board. It's shocking mate. What are they playing at!?

@Flloydo I know mate an absolute joke . I had a nightmare a little while back involving the first 2 breaking bad steels , waited over 2 weeks for them to resolve it to only then receive 2 copies of each and then be billed again for them .

In which i am still waiting for the refund and then they had the nerve to ask me for photo evidence on a bank statement to show they had taken out twice .

@Flloydo I know mate an absolute joke . I had a nightmare a little while back involving the first 2 breaking bad steels , waited over 2 weeks for them to resolve it to only then receive 2 copies of each and then be billed again for them .

In which i am still waiting for the refund and then they had the nerve to ask me for photo evidence on a bank statement to show they had taken out twice .

Jokers, you just reminded me about a refund I never got back in December for sleeping beauty and I'm probably past my chargeback date now.
Hope it all gets sorted for you cobbs

@Flloydo cheers pal , not the end of the world ill just have to pay a little more for the sold out ones now:rolleyes:

They will come back in stock, I'm in the same boat. Just not happy I have to keep an eye out when I originally got them the first time round. I will still argue my case with them when they do eventually get back to me

If they still won't reply, they usually say they can't help but occasionally they do help if you phone the zavvi outlet and tell them it's important about your account and no one will reply maybe they will help? :(

P.s. Why was your account removed?

Account confusion?
For some reason I ended up with a .DE and .COM account... Thought they'd deleted me, but finally realised was trying to log into the wrong one, after much stress and no helpful response or idea for me....even though I sent evidence....

Consistaly unhelpful communication from Z...99% of the time...

Just mentioned in case it's helpful...

If they still won't reply, they usually say they can't help but occasionally they do help if you phone the zavvi outlet and tell them it's important about your account and no one will reply maybe they will help? :(

P.s. Why was your account removed?

They haven't contacted me yet so I have no idea why my account was removed but I do have a kind of strange update

Basically as everyone has read over the last week from me I havent been able to access my account, when I try to reset my password I get an email to my email account that I use to log in saying no account found.
Anyway I got an email tonight about an item ordered last year (not a steelbook ) and the date changed and tonight I got an order status update email about the date change, it's so weird because that tells me my account is still active but I just have no idea why it don't recognise my emial address. Really p*ssing me off now

• Informative
Flloydo
Are you absolutely sure the accounts been removed?, as having updates on pre-orders would seem to suggest its still there. What I would be worried about though, is if they start charging and shipping orders you are waiting for and have no control over.
Very strange situation.

I'm reaching a breaking point with Zavvi, I'm still going round in circles with them

"Hello ****,

Thank you for your reply.

As previously mentioned to you, we were unable to take payment for the order. On the basis of this, your orders were subsequently cancelled.

We have explained we can not get the goods to you or reinstate your order, there is nothing further we can assist with regarding this complaint.

This complaint is now deemed as closed, end of, once again, I'd like to take the time to apologise to you for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Taylor"

Even though I did update my card info, something they keep ignoring, it wouldn't of mattered ONE PRE ORDER not being paid for does not justify the entire bloody order being cancelled when those Steelbooks are months away.

I hate Zavvi.....but they do Steelbooks......I feel like I can't do anything

I basically told them how crap they are and they should let Amazon do Steelbooks instead

Oh and yeah....still no compensation for something THEY messed up on and something THEY won't admit.