Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 580
Last edited by a moderator:
Flloydo
Are you absolutely sure the accounts been removed?, as having updates on pre-orders would seem to suggest its still there. What I would be worried about though, is if they start charging and shipping orders you are waiting for and have no control over.
Very strange situation.

I completly get what you saying and someone else mentioned this to me but when I go to reset my password with my email that I use for that account I get an email saying no account exists. Now my next order to come out is imitation game but my card also expired at the end of last month so I wouldn't get charged anyway and would have to wait for the payment problem email, but I am still getting query updates which I can't access and write back to and a order status update yesterday to my email regarding a date change for another seperate item. It's a very strange situation which makes me believe it's a glitch. The other strange thing is since last Monday I've emailed the feedback email about 15 times and I've not had one response and I've emailed it before and had a response within a day or 2 which makes me think they are just ignoring me.

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Flloydo
Are you absolutely sure the accounts been removed?, as having updates on pre-orders would seem to suggest its still there. What I would be worried about though, is if they start charging and shipping orders you are waiting for and have no control over.
Very strange situation.
I've also had no cancellation emails like others have reported when they have deleted or closed an account

• Informative
I've also had no cancellation emails like others have reported when they have deleted or closed an account
Jeez..this sounds just too strange, if its any comfort at least you mention your ccard has expired so they can't charge you, but it puts you in that awkward position with sold out steels and so on that you'll lose, I don't know what more to say..I just hope Zavvi sort this out for you before you lose the lot.

Reactions: Flloydo
Jeez..this sounds just too strange, if its any comfort at least you mention your ccard has expired so they can't charge you, but it puts you in that awkward position with sold out steels and so on that you'll lose, I don't know what more to say..I just hope Zavvi sort this out for you before you lose the lot.

Cheers,

Yeah that's the kind of upside is not being charged for items because of my card expired but like you mention the out of stock steels that I had ordered will come back but don't want to wait around when they go back in stock which I find unfair considering I got them the first time round. Steels like big hero 6, a bugs life, ex_machina, Pirates 1 & 2 and Kung fu hustle. I just can't be bothered to keep an eye out for them again but I'm on this site quite a lot and shouldnt miss them but i have a feeling a few of them I mentioned won't be up for long but who knows. I will get to the bottom of tbis with them and I opened a new account the other day and actually messaged them through their messaging service which although they can stall replying back they won't actually ignore them. I sent them a message Friday morning So I should get a reply Monday, but even if they are looking into it without me knowing they haven't updated me at all. It's really shocking and just when you think you've seen the worst of them it gets even more ridicolous.
Even more annoying was the week before I was in constant converstaion with a customer service person (the same person too which I was happy with) and they apparently valued my feedback and appreciated my honesty and understood exactly where I was coming from (her words) and then this happens.
I smell a conspiracy!
Where's Mel Gibson when you need him!

My second Zavvi.nl order has been cancelled. This is bizarre. I ordered 5 things at the same time (released on different dates) and nothing has changed with my credit card since that time- and some of the order cleared, some didn't? Makes no sense. Plus- why doesn't Zavvi.nl allow you to correct the payment problem (like Zavvi uk) instead of outright canceling the item?
Also, VOUCHC5 code did not work today on an order at Zavvi UK. It may have finally been retired.

My second Zavvi.nl order has been cancelled. This is bizarre. I ordered 5 things at the same time (released on different dates) and nothing has changed with my credit card since that time- and some of the order cleared, some didn't? Makes no sense. Plus- why doesn't Zavvi.nl allow you to correct the payment problem (like Zavvi uk) instead of outright canceling the item?
Also, VOUCHC5 code did not work today on an order at Zavvi UK. It may have finally been retired.

So they can cancel a part of your order and leave the others which are fine

Mother F******

Reactions: C.C. 95
thus creating another sold out button think i can see where they are going with this!
would laugh if this ends up in bargain bin in next few months, also wonder how many will get caught out with the full price and don't check back.

zavvi mind tricks are working well for them as usual. shame no ones got bollocks to boycott a steel as a community for once that would be funny for once.

I wish some here would boycott Zavvi altogether then maybe there would be less moaning and negativity in Zavvi related threads. Zavvi seem to provoke such anger and hatred in some members here that their continued custom defies logic.

[QUOTE="snooloui, post: 1342656, member: 3982"less moaning and negativity in Zavvi related threads [/QUOTE]

maybe, if they respected their customers - there wouldn't be a problem -- work there do you?

Someone on another thread mentioned you were a great 'defender' - seems it's true -- maybe you're one of the lucky few to not have to have stupid time-wasting fights with them --

Z are a necessary evil, unfortunately - // they know it - and don't care - so in the small hope a worker bee it trolling here - THIS is reality - fix it or fail //

Last edited:
I wish some here would boycott Zavvi altogether then maybe there would be less moaning and negativity in Zavvi related threads. Zavvi seem to provoke such anger and hatred in some members here that their continued custom defies logic.

The thing is mate i want the items they sell but after recent conversations with them about how they are dealing with my account and the complete and utter unprofessional manor they are dealing with it it's incredibly hard for me to say a good thing.
Oh and don't worry my whole story will come out soon in the retailer thread and if people on here really want to know the truth about how they treat their customers and take what I have to say to heart they might even loose some customers.
Maybe none or maybe a lot but it's shocking what they are doing to me but unfortunately I collect these metal cases especially disney/ Pixar/ marvel and the odd rarity. I'm glad pixar is coming to an end and disney in a way but i can see myself focusing on foreign retailers soon.

I'm not saying you work for them although at times I'm certain you have or still do but you must have 100% great customer servive from them and 100% perfect items whereas the majority of us have had all sorts of problems with the company and they really don't have a clue how to be a good let alone great company. The fact it took them 7 days to contact me about my account and ignored all my messages until i opened another account and messaged them through their message centre only to get horrible replies says it all really mate.
I'm not trying to argue with you but make you see allot of us have a disgusting addiction with what they sell and then the way they deal with us and treat us! Sorry!

maybe, if they respected their customers - there wouldn't be a problem -- work there do you?

Someone on another thread mentioned you were a great 'defender' - seems it's true -- maybe you're one of the lucky few to not have to have stupid time-wasting fights with them --

Z are a necessary evil, unfortunately - // they know it - and don't care - so in the small hope a worker bee it trolling here - THIS is reality - fix it or fail //

I am just a formerly enthusiastic but now disgruntled collector who is fed up of reading the same complaints in every thread. I am tired of being ridiculed for simply sharing my opinion.

Well @snooloui at the same time there are some problems that keep resurfacing, so within reason people have a right to voice their frustration and experiences, no? People express themselves differently. I think this is true for all retailers and customer experiences though. I think Zavvi bears the brunt sometimes because %-wise they release a lot of titles. Add to that that people usually only speak up if something goes wrong (just the nature of customer service and consumer feedback), there appears to be "a lot" of negativity. There are also quite a few UK members and other members who wish to be outspoken and share experiences. You never have negative experiences with any retailer?

Well @snooloui at the same time there are some problems that keep resurfacing, so within reason people have a right to voice their frustration and experiences, no? People express themselves differently. I think this is true for all retailers and customer experiences though. I think Zavvi bears the brunt sometimes because %-wise they release a lot of titles. Add to that that people usually only speak up if something goes wrong (just the nature of customer service and consumer feedback), there appears to be "a lot" of negativity. There are also quite a few UK members and other members who wish to be outspoken and share experiences. You never have negative experiences with any retailer?

Well said DB and sorry for spamming the other thread

THREAD MOVED >

Understandable + expected - now please apply the same police action against SNOOLOUI

> why should his comment remain?

I smell fish

[RESOLVED]

Last edited: