Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 574
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I'm a US buyer and I started an account on Zavvi and tried to purchase something but it won't authorize my credit card or debit card when I tried the PayPal option it says Pay Pal isn't working. I emailed their customer service but with not response, any thoughts?

Have you spoken with your credit card company? Sometimes they won't authorize overseas transactions and require that you clear that with them first before they approve the purchase.

Reactions: jcm
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I'm a US buyer and I started an account on Zavvi and tried to purchase something but it won't authorize my credit card or debit card when I tried the PayPal option it says Pay Pal isn't working. I emailed their customer service but with not response, any thoughts?

I get the same - wont accept my card (visa debit card) and im in the UK! I went through paypal in the end and it was ok but its very strange. Havent contacted them yet

I get the same - wont accept my card (visa debit card) and im in the UK! I went through paypal in the end and it was ok but its very strange. Havent contacted them yet

I tried PayPal too and it just said "PayPal is currently unavailable. Please pay by an alternative method."

Hi thought I would give some info on receiving Steelbooks through the post from Zavvi. Last Monday I ordered 16 titles from them. 10 from the £11.95 classic range eg: Casablanca, Ben Hur etc and 6 from the Premium Collection Total price £185.20. First time done a buy of this size but wanted to fill out the collection while stock was available and prices keen. Received today all 16 titles, 12 in the white bubble wrap packaging and 4 in the card envelope. (You know where this is going dont you!) Out of the 16 purchased 11 are badly damaged with spine creasing, denting.

Soooo rather than enjoying the artwork this evening I will be beginning the long slow process of returning them to Zavvi who I quote will state:

"Please accept our apologies if you have received an item that is damaged or faulty. We understand how frustrating this can be..... ( I wonder if they actually do)

Once I get a returns no I will be sending them back all together in a cardboard box with padding so that they get them back in the condition I recieved them in. (Not rocket science is it). Their process as stated can take up to a month to sort out so this is gonna be a long time.

Disappointing but its not like I wasnt aware of their appauling despatch packaging but until recently I had been lucky.

Until they sort this out though it will carry on happening. I can only assume they make a bigger profit screwing the post office for damaged product than they do selling to the customer.

Best of luck to anyone else who is lured by their low prices.

Reactions: RobPaul

Paypal has been down for. Few days. Idk why. I was having a pain at first would not take my discover but finally after a few tries it took my visa... maybe site problems.? I know when I was in Canada in September I couldn't use my discover without calling them first. I was pissed because I had asked before I went and was told I didn't need to. Well that person got in trouble! Lol

Seriously took me like 20 mins fri or sat night to order.

What do people expect? It has been well documented that Zavvi currently have pretty poor packaging and yet someone would risk ordering 16 Steelbooks anyway? This is especially silly considering it has also been well documented that they have poor customer service. May aswell just throw the money away.

When Zavvi improve their packaging and service, I will start to order from them (and if they are good I will gladly order from them and probably switch most of my pre-orders there). Until then, I won't bother because we all know the most likely outcome.

Reactions: Marina Blue
What do people expect? It has been well documented that Zavvi currently have pretty poor packaging and yet someone would risk ordering 16 Steelbooks anyway? This is especially silly considering it has also been well documented that they have poor customer service. May aswell just throw the money away.

When Zavvi improve their packaging and service, I will start to order from them (and if they are good I will gladly order from them and probably switch most of my pre-orders there). Until then, I won't bother because we all know the most likely outcome.

Why shouldn't someone be allowed to order 16 steelbooks from Zavvi. Yes the packaging is bad and we all know that. Maybe they were all cheaper at Zavvi than anywhere else.

Also is Zavvi's packaging as much to blame as the way Royal Mail handle the post they deliver. I doubt Zavvi sent out all those steelbooks damaged if any at all. We are all asking these online companies to provide better packaging at a cost to them but shouldn't we also be asking Royal Mail to provide a more professional delivery service especially given the prices to post items these days??

The only I've ordered from them was x men origins wolverine. I missed it on play and nows it's sold out everywhere so £8.95 at Zaavi seems pretty reasonable.

It should be here today as it was sent last Friday but I'm not exspecting a 100% mint for that price as the stock may have been brought from play.com so could be damaged returns.

Also should be able to tell if the steel was damaged before packaging as ifs it the packaging the packaging will be dented/ damaged to. When it comes ill let everyone know the condition and try and leave some feedback here :)

Edit:

Wolverine has just arrived in a bubble bag jiffy but it is mint so no complaints ;)

Last edited:
Until there is definite proof that they have improved their packing I would not give them a cent of my money no matter how great the Steelbook is !!!

Why shouldn't someone be allowed to order 16 steelbooks from Zavvi. Yes the packaging is bad and we all know that. Maybe they were all cheaper at Zavvi than anywhere else.

Also is Zavvi's packaging as much to blame as the way Royal Mail handle the post they deliver. I doubt Zavvi sent out all those steelbooks damaged if any at all. We are all asking these online companies to provide better packaging at a cost to them but shouldn't we also be asking Royal Mail to provide a more professional delivery service especially given the prices to post items these days??

Royal Mail are actually not as bad as some couriers who will toss your parcels over fences or shove them into wheelie bins. But in fairness Royal Mail are hardly going to treat your parcel as if it's the crown jewels, we know how the postage system works, which is why companies have to account for this when posting out delicate items like steelbooks.

Zavvi are incompetent in this regard and I agree with the sentiment above, until we have evidence of improvement, you're asking for trouble ordering steelbooks from them.

2 out of 6 orders damaged. But I order 3 of everything to ensure safe delivery. Two going back

Its only a matter of time before Zavvi change the packaging as mentioned a few times.

Below is a response I received from Zavvi regarding the future of steelbook rollouts...

Thanks for getting in touch.

We receive the items from the wholesaler in pristine condition, and package them to a high standard, the problems occur when the courier service receive them and do not treat the items with care and attention that is required.

We are currently contacting couriers as it is a problem to be addressed and we hope that this is not a reflection of Zavvi as we do not deliver the items with our own Zavvi service.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

:wtf: Since when was shoving a steelbook into a flimsy carboard envelope packaging them to a 'high standard' then ?.

Completely laughable response :hilarious:

It's not a laughable response though. What do you expect them to say? 'We package our items to a poor standard to save money'? What's more laughable is that people expect retailers to tell the truth when it comes to their service. Of course they are going to say their service is better than it is because that's what customers want to hear.