Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 571
Last edited by a moderator:
Well for a supplier who doesn't have stock of the Looper steelbook and has removed it from their website it makes these listings on Play.com marketplace and ebay a bit strange or a complete lie

Play.com Looper steelbook £20.99

Ebay Looper steelbook £25.99

Not really mate. Recently few business sellers were banned because of high number of negative feedback received in a month from dodgy buyers. A couple who lost almost everything was considering filing suit against eBay as they had million feedback and got banned because of just 13~20 negative feedback in a day or two.

Reactions: jammyone
I asked on Twitter if they had any plans to improve packaging for Steelbooks, this is the reply I got:

Quote:
We are currently testing out a couple of different packaging methods and hopefully this will make big changes to our orders.

I received a copy of Lawless from Zavvi today, pictures of their packaging below. Just an ordinary cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding inside. Luckily the steel wasn't damaged!

So much for Zavvi improving their steelbook book packaging then :hilarious:.

Hardly surprising considering the dreadful 'service' they provide .. delayed / cancelled orders, ridiculous spam e-mails, awful packaging.

Totally clueless company.

I skimmed through the thread. Didn't notice that many people outside of Europe ordered from Zavvi.
Anyone from Canada know how long it usually takes to arrive? Do they send via Royal Mail?

I posted on Friday about some recent "different" packaging I got. Though everyone seems to have bypassed that and still focus on the negatives.

:movie:

Around what day did they post your items? My couple that I just ordered came really quick, but I chose the free service and got the cardboard mailers.

It had occurred to me that maybe they would have shipped different if I chose the recorded delivery option. :ohno:

Either way, wouldn't mind it if they upgraded and hope they listen to collectors.

Ive notice that many people are complaining about the cardboard packing slips then say "it arrived in perfect condition though":hilarious:. I myself wouldnt mind a bit of an upgrade in their steel packing but I dont think it should be bashed until we hear of numerous account of damageds steels due to the packing.

Reactions: TakingYoSteelz
Around what day did they post your items? My couple that I just ordered came really quick, but I chose the free service and got the cardboard mailers.

It had occurred to me that maybe they would have shipped different if I chose the recorded delivery option. :ohno:

Either way, wouldn't mind it if they upgraded and hope they listen to collectors.

Hey mate, I received it here in Australia last Friday and I think it was sent the Wednesday of the week before. I didn't pay any extra than the standard 99p.

Reactions: apsmith21
Has any other Irish member here ordered from them before? Would like to know roughly how long shipments take to reach Ireland?

Cheers...

Ive notice that many people are complaining about the cardboard packing slips then say "it arrived in perfect condition though":hilarious:. I myself wouldnt mind a bit of an upgrade in their steel packing but I dont think it should be bashed until we hear of numerous account of damageds steels due to the packing.

I remember the days when amazon.de would send a few like this and I'd get a bunch with boot prints. :(

Dunno - I feel AWFUL lucky that my couple of extras arrived safely.

Reactions: Marina Blue