Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 572
Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the days when amazon.de would send a few like this and I'd get a bunch with boot prints. :(

Dunno - I feel AWFUL lucky that my couple of extras arrived safely.

Yeah I cant talk bad about them until I have a reason to. But when I receive a steel thats been crushed to dust, Ill sh*t on em like everyone else lol.

Today I received 3 Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy in mint condition and 1 Lawless that was almost broken in two. I am hoping that it is a mere coincidence that the steel that is definitely more sought after was so damaged. They shipped each separately in these flimsy cardboard envelopes. Such a shame that they have a bunch of nice steels available and ship to the US but have no clue how to ship.

Zavvi finally agreed to a full refund if I sent the damaged steelbook back or a partial refund of 4.95 if I wanted to keep it. I chose the partial. I am used to being spoiled by Amazon that gives full refunds and has never asked for damaged steels back but I have to say that Zavvi really was not that bad to deal with. Now if they can only get their act together on shipping out steels properly then I see a lot of happy US collectors since they have decent prices and their shipping is dirt cheap and is faster than Amazon UK.

My creditcard company thought my Zavvi order was suspicious so they called me.

Does Zavvi usually charge credit cards early? The steels I ordered aren't suppose to be sent out till the 18th.
I'm use to store charging cards only as they ship orders out.

My creditcard company thought my Zavvi order was suspicious so they called me.

Does Zavvi usually charge credit cards early? The steels I ordered aren't suppose to be sent out till the 18th.
I'm use to store charging cards only as they ship orders out.

I think Zavvi "freezes" the money on your card, but they actually bill your card when they ship the item.

I got 3 emails saying they already shipped out 3 of the 4 steels I orders, all suppose to be feb 18th releases.
Maybe they ship out international orders earlier so we don't have to wait as long.
But looks like they were all shipped out separately, I'm guessing in the minimal packaging. I hope it arrives in good condition *knock on wood*

Their shipping to US or me at least has been very fast. Ordered Con Air on Monday and holding it in my hand on Friday. I hope their new packing is a bit better, although ive had no problems yet.

Now that they are getting a few exclusives and selling more steel stock, improving their packaging is an absolute necessity. The cardboard mailers have got to go! I know replacing them increases Zavvi's postage costs, but it is bound to pay dividends with less returns and better customer relations (and more orders long term).

Just the actual mailer itself they send in:

CQwfGbP.jpg

They simply shouldn't send stuff in it...I've sent a number of them back because of dents due to the packaging.

Ah ok thanks that helps me out a lot.I guess Ill just wait a bit and hope they roll out new packaging soon.

can someone tell me how long zavvi take roughly to dispatch an item and usually how long it takes to arrive in the uk???

How longs a piece of string?

They'll post it when they've got it in stock but they seem to often wait to get the orders from customers then order from the distributor so it can take weeks.

I did once got the extended version of Avatar nearly 2 weeks before the release date :wtf:

When it has been posted it normally takes 5 days to a week to get to a UK customer

Reactions: Scarface
How longs a piece of string?

They'll post it when they've got it in stock but they seem to often wait to get the orders from customers then order from the distributor so it can take weeks.

I did once got the extended version of Avatar nearly 2 weeks before the release date :wtf:

When it has been posted it normally takes 5 days to a week to get to a UK customer

cheers mate;) i'l maybe just pay the extra few quid n get it from amazon lol, zavvi's service really seems below standard to say the least.

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I'm a US buyer and I started an account on Zavvi and tried to purchase something but it won't authorize my credit card or debit card when I tried the PayPal option it says Pay Pal isn't working. I emailed their customer service but with not response, any thoughts?