Release date: July 28th, 2015
Purchase link: Target.com
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Notes: Region Free.

f1.png

f2.pngf5.pngf6.pngfg31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I should have said large majority ... no way in heck you can ever please everyone. If so wave the magic wand and let me go into Best Buy and pick out my Blufans steel at $30.

Reactions: Basil and IRON MAN
I think this looks awesome and the fact that I can now order direct is a plus but would still have got this if it was CA only like I have with each previous release. I never understood the reasons and I am sure I never will why the perception is that USA was not the best market for steelbook releases. Hopefully this is a sign of a shift away from that philosophy and the floodgates will open. Would have been cool if they included a CD of the soundtrack though.

Well I should have said large majority ... no way in heck you can ever please everyone. If so wave the magic wand and let me go into Best Buy and pick out my Blufans steel at $30.

Of course not. The difference is Best Buy has never released Blufans Steelbooks whereas we (in Canada) have got every release in this series so far and now we aren't. So you don't miss it since you've always paid to import them. I guess it's as if the old adage goes is it better to have loved and then lost or to never have loved. I've lost one of my Steelbook collecting loves today and that is the Mondo X series. At least getting them at a reasonable price. I'm not saying I'm out from ever joining a group buy. It will depend on what 007 and 008 end up being (especially if they are Target exclusives)

But I really didn't want this to become a focal point of the thread, so back on topic about the Steelbook itself...

I'm still trying to figure out why Mondo didn't just sell this through their own online store since they're a US-based company. At least they'd take better care of the SteelBooks.

I am also slightly annoyed that this won't be available in Canada.
The art, however, looks fantastic! And I really hope they don't place these in security cases in-store. Imagine what it'll do to the plastic slips :ohno:

Reactions: JRT
As somebody who doesn't live in North America, the country change doesn't really affect me, because I wouldn't even be able to buy these if it wasn't for the help I get here at HDN. That being said though, it's still weird for a product line to change countries halfway through.

As for my reaction to the reveal - HOLY CRAP

Reactions: svenning
M
As somebody who doesn't live in North America, the country change doesn't really affect me, because I wouldn't even be able to buy these if it wasn't for the help I get here at HDN. That being said though, it's still weird for a product line to change countries halfway through.

As for my reaction to the reveal - HOLY CRAP
It is now in USD ao a bit more expensive (about 12-15% more expensive)

I love the fact that mondo x range is going to dufferent countries as it helps the costs for the overall wave. Ok Canadians will now have to pay abit more but i can definitely see them going back to Canada, for example from now on every 3 steelbooks end up in diiferent country or perhaps a mini cycke of Canada > US > UK tyen back to Canada. I add UK as jcards would still be in english but wouldnt be against France, Germany & other Countrues getting their share if they can continue with sane english jcard style. Rambo had both english and French so it is possible.

By having global wave is helps everyone to get there fair share of importing and picking up locally.

Back to Flash Gordon, im hoping quality stays the same in the retailer. For example, ive never seen many spineslash steels from Futureshop/Best Buy Canada but have from Target and other retailers so hopefully retailers can maintain the quality top especially if they go to other countries eventually (keep zavvi spineslasher away lol)

I really hope they don't place these in security cases in-store. Imagine what it'll do to the plastic slips :ohno:
It was mentioned earlier (actually, implied) that this will not be in-store.
Man the front art is the bees knees
Ha! I love old colloquialisms! This art is not only the bee's knees... It is the elephant’s adenoids, cat’s miaow, ant’s pants, tiger’s spots, bullfrog’s beard, elephant’s instep, caterpillar’s kimono, turtle’s neck, duck’s quack, duck’s nuts, monkey’s eyebrows, gnat’s elbows, oyster’s earrings, snake’s hips, kipper’s knickers, elephant’s manicure, clam’s garter, eel’s ankle, leopard’s stripes, tadpole’s teddies, sardine’s whiskers, canary’s tusks, pig’s wings, cuckoo’s chin, and the butterfly’s book.
In other words...
It's cooool....:D!!
image.jpg

Will people shout at me if I say I've never actually watched Flash Gordon? lol
Hence, I may have to get this release.

Will people shout at me if I say I've never actually watched Flash Gordon? lol
Hence, I may have to get this release.
There is ALWAYS a movie we haven't seen! There is only so much time! What freaks me out, is that maybe my favorite movie of all time is out there- and I just haven't seen it because of poor distribution, bad marketing, or bad word of mouth, etc. (Some people's favs are other people's dogs!)
My buddy's favorite movie is RAIDERS- and he didn't see it until later in his life because of the poster!
He didn't want to see some stupid cowboy movie! (That is what the poster made him think!):rofl:
I mean- I can't imagine a world where I didn't have little films like ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD, HEAR MY SONG, or SMOKE in my life because they never came into my field of view. That would suck!
That is another reason why I think digital over physical is a bad thing. When I say RAIDERS, JAWS, or AVENGERS- the first image that comes to your mind is the poster. Now with digital- people don't have an associated image with a title. And once it is on the hard drive- it is out of site, out of mind. Not even a spine on a bookshelf. And when, say a year later, you come across a movie file called THE SALVATION, you can't even remember what the heck that movie is. You have no associated image with the title. (The poster, or dvd art).
Anyhoo- I digress....!!
sad-and-sorry-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: Paperinukke