• Tron (FNAC France)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Scarface(Worldwide)

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Fast Five 5(Netherlands)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Pulp Fiction(UK)

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • 'Reel Heroes' Steelbook Collection (Media Markt)

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Jurassic Park Trilogy (Media Markt)

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • X-Men First Class (France)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Captain America (Worldwide)

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • ***** Slap

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Transformers 3

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Planet of the Apes France

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Voting ends 1/16/2012

***Nominations now complete (there's a 25 max choices limit in the poll***

Thank you all for suggesting Steelbooks for the voting list for 2011!

Hi Everyone,

Urbeen's comment in the Lion King thread gave me the idea to start our own yearly voting poll at hidefninja.com. We've had 'Favorite Steelbooks of xxxx year', but hopefully this annual thread will give everyone a chance to jump in on all Steels released, in any given year, and pick their 'Best of the Best'.

I'll add some "hot" choices that have been mentioned this year to get us started, and keep any slots, for which we don't have titles yet, 'open'.

1) Chime in with your 'nominations'-I'll add them if they get multiple nods-25 slots for nominations are available.

2) You can then vote for multiple Movie Steelbooks-(See Video Game Steelbook area for VG poll)

3) In submitting nominations, please choose your 'overall favorites' of any Movie Steelbook released(regardless of size, paint finish, etc etc) in 2011.

4) You can check results anytime, buy looking at 'poll results'; final results posted before the end of the year.

5) Feel free to use our 'Upcoming Steelbook Releases' thread for a 'recap'

6) Voting will continue through 1/15/2012 to allow any Steelbooks released by 12/31/2011 to arrive, and be considered.

Have fun! :scat:

DB

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know your definition of perfect is far from different with everyone else right :hilarious:

I hate to have you to be a judge for Miss Universe contest... Beauty comes in all shape and form my friend.... :scat:

For me, the steelbook of the year must be perfect :

1. It can't be G1
2. It has to be a good movie
3. It has to be embossed/debossed
4. No writting on the back, or a very few
5. It has to have an intern artwork
6. If it has a small print run, it's better :D
7. It has to be "top technology" --> if the movie exists in 3D, can't be only 2D !

Of course, it has to be very sexy ! ;)

For all these reasons, I can't vote for Tangled (G1 and 2D, otherwise it would be my winner since the steel is gorgeous, embossed, and the movie is GREAT).

I can't vote for Sucker Punch Comic Con, because it is G1.

I can't vote for FNAC Tron 3D because of the writtings on the back, and no artwork.

My vote will go to the french FNAC Thor. No other Thor, because this one is 3D, and has a very small print run. This steelbook looks great next to a canadian Iron Man :p
Super Heroes are embossed :scat:

I will vote if there's a "french Thor" instead of a "worldwide Thor" ;)

for me it's the green hornet a beautiful embossed steel also i know it's not a steelbook but the dutch drive angry embossed metal pack ;)

Not that I'm going to vote for this, but I think the Green Lantern (Futureshop) was a good design, and since it is G2 should be on the list. I think this is better than half of the steelbooks currently on the list.

Last edited:
List updated. We still have 2 months of releases until the end of the year, so I'll keep a few slots open. Keep nominating, to make sure the most loved Steelbooks (with repeat mentions) make the voting list. Thanks all!

List updated. We still have 2 months of releases until the end of the year, so I'll keep a few slots open. Keep nominating, to make sure the most loved Steelbooks (with repeat mentions) make the voting list. Thanks all!

I think all of the titles on the Warner amazon.co.jp wave should be mentioned, I mean have you looked at these? they are to die for :drool:

Hey Biscuit-I am sure some of these will be added, haha!:) Voting for 2011 continues through early Jan, so since we can only add 25 voting choices, we'll wait until people receive them, so we can get more multiple nominations before adding them to the voting list (we only have a few slots left). Thanks all for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.