3rd Annual HDN SteelBook™ of the Year [Winner: Who Framed Roger Rabbit]

The 25 Hidefninja.com Steelbook™ of the Year nominees are...

• Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy USA Exclusive)

Votes: 53 11.6%
  • Pacific Rim (Worldwide)

Votes: 24 5.3%
  • Who Framed Rogger Rabbit? (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 133 29.1%
  • T2 (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 99 21.7%
  • Life of Pi (Worldwide)

Votes: 45 9.8%
  • Tangled (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 100 21.9%
  • Jack Reacher (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Aladdin (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 112 24.5%
  • Predator 3D (Media Markt Exclusive)

Votes: 45 9.8%
  • The Last Stand-Gold Edition (Media Markt Exclusive)

Votes: 65 14.2%
  • Forbidden Planet (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Votes: 88 19.3%
  • Kick Ass 2 (Worldwide)

Votes: 70 15.3%
  • Iron Sky (Japan)

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Lawrence of Arabia (HDZeta Exclusive)

Votes: 63 13.8%
  • Taxi Driver (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 52 11.4%
  • Wreck-it Ralph (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 58 12.7%
  • Django (Worldwide)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Oz The Great and Powerful (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 101 22.1%
  • Man of Steel (Walmart USA Exclusive)

Votes: 34 7.4%
  • Finding Nemo (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 57 12.5%
  • World War Z (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Votes: 94 20.6%
  • Monsters Inc (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 41 9.0%
  • Skyfall (Worldwide)

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • Iron Man 3 (Taiwan)

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • Face Off (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 81 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Voting ended 1/31/2014. 2013 Winner : Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi Exclusive)

logo.gif

Hello HDN!

It's was an exciting year in 2013, with classic and new titles receiving the Steelbook™ treatment. As in years past, I have tallied all of your suggestions from the nomination threads and it's time for you all to vote for your favorites from our 25 most nominated contenders. Past winners include Thor and The Raid. 2013 Winner: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Please remember that you can only vote 1 time, but you can vote for multiple titles when you vote.

Here's a video I made for this year as a 'ninja recap' of the 25 most nominated Steelbooks. Turn the sound up/use headphones, if you wish to see it with music.

You can see the video here on HDN's Official Youtube Channel, along with many other individual Steelbook videos created by our very own Snollygoster (Productions). After you check it out the recap, just come back to the forum and cast your votes.

Voting starts right here in our poll, today and ends 1/31. Have fun everyone!

Last edited:
Some surprising results if you ask me. I honestly think Pacific Rim deserved more than that tiny handful of votes. Yes I know it had "3D" plastered on the front, but the rest of the art was awesome. Anyway the 3D didn't look as out of place as it does on some (like Gravity for example).

Also how come something as stunning as the ES Exclusive ST: Into Darkness wasn't even nominated?!

:dunno:

Chris, Star Trek got a very, very small fraction of what the top nominee received and did not make it into the Top 25-no where near in fact. Every year several clear preferences have emerged during the community nominations, but I think due to the number of Steels released, and the quality of some of these (competition among retailers to outdo each other), the 'pool' was actually more solid than in some past years.

We're in our 3rd year, and I think our members were very vocal about what Steels they felt were the 'best of the best' this year. The 'race' is always exciting...there are some very strong feelings about this set of Steels, for sure. I hope 2014 is even better than this!

I voted Roger Rabbit, Taxi Driver, and ZDT and a couple others.

Yo wreckski, how in the world did you get to vote 4-5 times? I was gonna give all my votes to Lawrence of Arabia (this needed to be separated between the 1/4 and full slip BTW). But was only allowed to vote once. Wasup wid dat?

Stevo-the first time you vote, you can pick as many titles as you want. After you hit submit vote you can't vote again (see OP).

Reactions: stevo
Yo wreckski, how in the world did you get to vote 4-5 times? I was gonna give all my votes to Lawrence of Arabia (this needed to be separated between the 1/4 and full slip BTW). But was only allowed to vote once. Wasup wid dat?

You are able to vote for multiple steels at once, but only once. I voted for my favorite FOUR :D

Excellent choices. Some very very cool steelbooks on this list. I have most of them, but I did vote for one that I don't have. The Last Stand, because it does look very cool and lastly, the gold color stands out. :hilarious:

some of you will get that much later.

in other news... Roger is spelled wrong.

Is Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-fans going to count towards 2014? If not, it should be on this list.

Lawrence of Arabia is the best on this list.

Hey Slim, In comparison to the # of nominations for other titles, there were barely any mentions of Star Trek Blufans so it did not make this list of contenders.

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

Having looked through all that I own (most of them...sadly?) in hand before voting, it came down to Tangled Kimchi and Oz Blufans.

I ended up going with Tangled in the end, but it was a tough call!

Voted.

But, I'm so sad what Star Trek Into Darkness ES version, Man of Steel Mediamarkt version are not included this list. If they were included at this list, No.1 is Star Trek, and 2nd is Man of Steel.