Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I get this release as a stand alone steelbook? Like no slips? MantaLabs does amazing slips, but I just want the steel on its own so I can line it up w/ the Zavvi releases lol #OCD

Maybe, if HMV release it down the line

Ohhhh had to go there

Nah honestly I hope this stays exclusive to manta (which I think it will and kingsman is a one off)

**** it, my order is
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien covenant
4. Prometheus
5. Alien vs predator (change it up a lil)
6. Alien resurrection
7. Alien 3
8. That other really really bad alien vs predator

@AlienKing - I agree mate about Prometheus. Loved it but in the franchise it sticks out which is why I was happy Covenant gets back on track

(I've never said the word "alien" so much in one post!)

Last edited:
This list is the same as mine. Covenant would've been better if the Engineers weren't just a minor plot point and the last act with the Alien on the ship weren't rushed and ripped off from Alien and Aliens

Agree completely. I was looking forward to seeing the Engineers story fleshed out.
Instead
we discover that they're all dead. Another thing I disliked was David creating the alien. It just didn't sit right with me & sort of changes how you look at Alien.

Agree completely. I was looking forward to seeing the Engineers story fleshed out.
Instead
we discover that they're all dead. Another thing I disliked was David creating the alien. It just didn't sit right with me & sort of changes how you look at Alien.

I didn't mind that but I can understand why some won't

It makes me wonder is the alien we are used to in the original all because David now has a spaceship of test subjects which I'm assuming it will go that way in the next 2 but I also the engineers know about the alien of some design because of the way the engineer reacts the the squid thing at the end of Prometheus before it face f*cks him plus the murial design in the room in Prometheus where they find the canisters of goo has the alien designed into it. Interested to see where it all goes but I hope Ridley don't **** it up. I know a lot think he's f*cked this up leading to the originals but genuinely enjoyed it

I loved the scene where David causes mass genocide but annoyed there was no engineers in the film

its been said that Alien Covenant is set a couple of decades before Alien. The space jockey in the derelict in the original movie was said to be fossilized for hundreds or thousands of years if I remember correctly, if that is the case then in the time frame that Ridleys prequels have set out mean that the xeno morph predated David by quite a bit of time and there's no way he was the creator

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
its been said that Alien Covenant is set a couple of decades before Alien. The space jockey in the derelict in the original movie was said to be fossilized for hundreds or thousands of years if I remember correctly, if that is the case then in the time frame that Ridleys prequels have set out mean that the xeno morph predated David by quite a bit of time and there's no way he was the creator

David won't be the initial creator of the xeno, the engineers knew about the life form but to different design depending on what they mixed it's DNA with but I think he might be the creator of the actual alien 30 years later that we see and all know too well in the original (I think this is set 30 years before the original anyway)

Just going from what I can remember from this tho..... So don't call me stupid if I got something wrong ;)

Ohhhh had to go there

Nah honestly I hope this stays exclusive to manta (which I think it will and kingsman is a one off)

**** it, my order is
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien covenant
4. Prometheus
6. Alien resurrection
7. Alien 3
Almost the exact same order as mine... I'd swap Prometheus and Covenant around.

• Thanks
David won't be the initial creator of the xeno, the engineers knew about the life form but to different design depending on what they mixed it's DNA with but I think he might be the creator of the actual alien 30 years later that we see and all know too well in the original (I think this is set 30 years before the original anyway)

Just going from what I can remember from this tho..... So don't call me stupid if I got something wrong ;)

Yes, thats true and exactly how I understand it and the basic message what Covenant want to tell us, starting with Prometheus.

• Thanks
I am puzzled as to why members are posting the orders of the films differently than the official order. I haven't seen Covenant yet as I always stay away from trailers and Spoilers for movies I have yet to see(so please no Spoiler), but Since it was said that Prometheus was going to be the first of 3 movie prequel to Alien, so I am expecting this order(but maybe I will understand people's reasoning when I see it).

I Loved Loved Loved Prometheus and Covenant being stated as the official sequel to Prometheus. When the movie ended Dr. Shaw(Noomi Rapace) uses the makers' Ship to go to their home planet for answers, so from the ending Covenant should take place on the makers' home planet but what leaves me confused from the credit Cast of Covenant is that she is not part of the main characters... Just waiting for the movie to be released to watch it, hopefully before this GB goes live as there is mixed reviews for this movie.
If you go in expecting a sequel to Prometheus, i'm sorry to say, that you might be disappointed. Like i said before, it tried but failed on that part. I'd say go in expecting a sequel to the Alien movies instead; and with a little bit of 'origin' story thrown in. :)

**** it, my order is
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien covenant
4. Prometheus
6. Alien resurrection
7. Alien 3

@AlienKing - I agree mate about Prometheus. Loved it but in the franchise it sticks out which is why I was happy Covenant gets back on track

(I've never said the word "alien" so much in one post!)

Haha. If we're including AvP then yes the first AvP would definitely be my #5 as well. I enjoyed that movie a good amount when it first came out. I actually watched AvP before watching the Alien anthology. :censored:

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Actarus
If you go in expecting a sequel to Prometheus, i'm sorry to say, that you might be disappointed. Like i said before, it tried but failed on that part. I'd say go in expecting a sequel to the Alien movies instead; and with a little bit of 'origin' story thrown in. :)

Haha. If we're including AvP then yes the first AvP would definitely be my #5 as well. I enjoyed that movie a good amount when it first came out. I actually watched AvP before watching the Alien anthology. :censored:

Thanks for the advice, that is what I will do then :thumbs: ...Oh really enjoyed AvP first one, its sequel was not great though :blackeye:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing and chunk
Thanks for the advice, that is what I will do then :thumbs: ...Oh really enjoyed AvP first one, its sequel was not great though :blackeye:
I've not seen Covenant yet either but, like you, expected it to be some sort of continuation and exploration of the Engineers in General. The cast listings for it made me realise it would be something different. However, is it not Ridley's plan to make a 3rd in the Prometheus trilogy and this 3rd film will be set between Prometheus and Covenant? I read it on the internet so it must be true...
If so that would make the trilogy a bit more cohesive. And then there's talk of a 2nd prequel trilogy?

That's apparently the case.

Dunno why you'd make prequel one.. Leave a cliffhanger.. Make prequel three..leave a cliffhanger then go back and make prequel two to follow on from part one. It's dumb and obviously not well thought out. No wonder they're starting to drop in the box office

I've not seen Covenant yet either but, like you, expected it to be some sort of continuation and exploration of the Engineers in General. The cast listings for it made me realise it would be something different. However, is it not Ridley's plan to make a 3rd in the Prometheus trilogy and this 3rd film will be set between Prometheus and Covenant? I read it on the internet so it must be true...
If so that would make the trilogy a bit more cohesive. And then there's talk of a 2nd prequel trilogy?
@Actarus when I knew I would be seeing covenant at the cinema I watched prometheus again and was excited to see noomi rapace continued story in covenant, I looked on the imdb and was surprised to see that her name wasn't in the credits.. I saw covenant at the cinema and enjoyed it for what it was but am I the only one who thought this movie was a sci-fi horror comedy?

Hopefully what @Zagreus said about the 3rd film being set between prometheus and covenant is true cos I still would very much like to see what happened in between. I'm looking forward to watching covenant again cos it was a good laugh:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
@Actarus when I knew I would be seeing covenant at the cinema I watched prometheus again and was excited to see noomi rapace continued story in covenant, I looked on the imdb and was surprised to see that her name wasn't in the credits.. I saw covenant at the cinema and enjoyed it for what it was but am I the only one who thought this movie was a sci-fi horror comedy?

Hopefully what @Zagreus said about the 3rd film being set between prometheus and covenant is true cos I still would very much like to see what happened in between. I'm looking forward to watching covenant again cos it was a good laugh:)

David made me laugh so much but I couldn't work out if I should of been or not lol

The fingering comment actually made everyone in the cinema laugh

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Noodles