Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It says lenti A full holofoil but surely it's just the back. If so then there's not much image on that back so it don't bother me with a holofoil finish

The full slip says spot gloss and holofoil so I'm assuming the whole image back and front on the white background will be holofoil and glossed with the white area as matte

Not feeling the other lenti one bit tbh. Don't like the image on the back.

I can't help but think that poster of the big guy on lenti A would look better on a full slip than a lenti though

Totally agree that image on lenti A should have been on fullslip without a holofoil.

If what you saying about using a holofoil will be true then Im rather in for lenti a than fullslip but tbh i dont know why only backside should be holodoiled?

Also agree on that lenti b, not only back pic but also front dont like.

Reactions: Flloydo
I dont mind the Full Slip art if no holofoil.
If the Leni A has none then I will go for that.
Only issue in gettin this is what if I miss out on the Alien 1 -4 and Prometheus Manta releases when they come out! It will be stand alone then lol

Totally agree that image on lenti A should have been on fullslip without a holofoil.

If what you saying about using a holofoil will be true then Im rather in for lenti a than fullslip but tbh i dont know why only backside should be holodoiled?

Also agree on that lenti b, not only back pic but also front dont like.

Because the Lenti A says full holofoil but surely the front won't be holofoil because it's a lenticular so it must just be the back? And the sides

Yeah not feeling lenti B at all

Well I'm only guessing with the full slip but because it says spot gloss they wouldn't spit gloss random parts of the white unless it maybe had a pattern so it must be the image in inside the alien head and the same for the back and they will most likely make that part of the image holofoil too.

Hopefully we see some in hand pics

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Because the Lenti A says full holofoil but surely the front won't be holofoil because it's a lenticular so it must just be the back? And the sides

Yeah not feeling lenti B at all

Well I'm only guessing with the full slip but because it says spot gloss they wouldn't spit gloss random parts of the white unless it maybe had a pattern so it must be the image in inside the alien head and the same for the back which will most likely make the image holofoil too.

Hopefully we see some in hand pics

Jesus Im slow today, I really need to sleep after work. Of course it won't be holofoiled if it's lenti :rolleyes: :whistle::coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
ML can keep considering 4K but the biggest consideration for me is the price as don't want to pay $55-$60 for a single disc edition with so-so slips for an average flick.
I think Manta soured a bit on 4K after the negative feedback from the Suicide Squad and BvS releases--both still having copies in stock. It's a shame, though, as Logan's UHD disc was sourced from a 4K DI and had the full Atmos track.

I tend to prefer 3D discs to UHD, but when it's a 2D only film with a 4K DI and next-gen audio, it seems like a no-brainer for it to make its way into a premium package in some form or another.

Reactions: lgans316
I think Manta soured a bit on 4K after the negative feedback from the Suicide Squad and BvS releases--both still having copies in stock. It's a shame, though, as Logan's UHD disc was sourced from a 4K DI and had the full Atmos track.

I tend to prefer 3D discs to UHD, but when it's a 2D only film with a 4K DI and next-gen audio, it seems like a no-brainer for it to make its way into a premium package in some form or another.

BVS didnt have UHD, only 2d and 3d, the problem with that one was both editions didn't provide a full package, the lenti was the 2d theatrical disc and the 2d ultimate version disc and the full slip was 2d theatrical and 3d theatrical. People opted for the full slip as it was superior and was more for your money if you value 3D versions.

Suicide squad offered both 2d and UHD with both slips, the full slip is sold out.

I don't think they soured on 4K due to sales more so the fact 4k is still relatively new and most people don't have the kit so not a major selling point, that and the 4k discs are probably more expensive to get and thus raises the price of the release which turns people off.