Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a hot topic the ol 4K chat but I really hope they don't include otherwise it just bumps the price up ridiculously when their editons are quite pricey anyway

When it's included for pretty much the same price like with HMVs apes, spidey and their own alien covenant then yeah it's a cool bonus but I also have no use for the 4K disk so I won't pay extra for it anyway

Manta made the Logan box a bit cheaper due to higher shipping rates and I know that the discs are more expensive in their region to start with anyway so I'm sure they work hard to minimise cost and to work with the distributor to bring cost down as much as they can ( like I've been told about la la land - the discs aren't cheap in their region so don't expect a cheap package) so basically I'll be happy if this don't include 4K

They also have 6 premium exclusives in the works with God knows how many others they are working on like the rest of the alien franchise and I also Imagine they will try and do a kingsman 2 exclusive and so on.
I was told they are aiming for 1 a month now with some months a possible 2 exclusives but never anymore so I hope they can make these editons the best price possible without including 4K because it's all getting so expensive and I sound like a broken record but conversion is getting worse and worse again for Brits and I imagine other countries

I know it's a hot topic the ol 4K chat but I really hope they don't include otherwise it just bumps the price up ridiculously when their editons are quite pricey anyway

When it's included for pretty much the same price like with HMVs apes, spidey and their own alien covenant then yeah it's a cool bonus but I also have no use for the 4K disk so I won't pay extra for it anyway

Manta made the Logan box a bit cheaper due to higher shipping rates and I know that the discs are more expensive in their region to start with anyway so I'm sure they work hard to minimise cost and to work with the distributor to bring cost down as much as they can ( like I've been told about la la land - the discs aren't cheap in their region so don't expect a cheap package) so basically I'll be happy if this don't include 4K

They also have 6 premium exclusives in the works with God knows how many others they are working on like the rest of the alien franchise and I also Imagine they will try and do a kingsman 2 exclusive and so on.
I was told they are aiming for 1 a month now with some months a possible 2 exclusives but never anymore so I hope they can make these editons the best price possible without including 4K because it's all getting so expensive and I sound like a broken record but conversion is getting worse and worse again for Brits and I imagine other countries
I didn't know they are aiming for 1/month release. I guess that resulted from abolishing Global line. As long as the quality stays top notch, I'm ok with that. I always support WEA efforts of these premium retailers.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I didn't know they are aiming for 1/month release. I guess that resulted from abolishing Global line. As long as the quality stays top notch, I'm ok with that. I always support WEA efforts of these premium retailers.

Yeah since scrapping global they have more time to work on wea

There will be some months they encounter hiccups with approvals and creating slips etc and we all know the trouble they seem to be facing with fight club and edge of tomorrow so some months might not be anything but they are aiming for 1 a month

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Steelbook itself just gorgeous, but slips...especially the green one. Looks a like photoshopped pic after 15 minutes youtube tutorial.
White one is the best, but i think it'll be better without holofoil.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
apology for my ignorance but what is holofoil? and why the hate?

It's a reflecting type of finish that can look like rainbow colors often, it does not work well on many editions and a lot of collectors feel like it has been overused. It works best for underwater scenes or for Fire, but when they apply it to some fullslips most often it can have a tacky look to it.

Less is more with this type of finish, but that is my personal preference.

It's a reflecting type of finish that can look like rainbow colors often, it does not work well on many editions and a lot of collectors feel like it has been overused. It works best for underwater scenes or for Fire, but when they apply it to some fullslips most often it can have a tacky look to it.

Less is more with this type of finish, but that is my personal preference.
Thanks a lot! that makes sense, i do not own a lot of premiums but i think i have the It Follows fullslip from kimchi that have that effect, and yes i agree that on this Alien covenant release, that kind of finish doesn't suit the film..

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Thanks a lot! that makes sense, i do not own a lot of premiums but i think i have the It Follows fullslip from kimchi that have that effect, and yes i agree that on this Alien covenant release, that kind of finish doesn't suit the film..

Exactly It Follows Fullslip did have that finish, as well as Kimchi's Exclusive of Whiplash but I did find for those 2 releases it was well used...some others that were great with this finish was FAC Miss Peregrine and KimchiDVD Collection for Finding Dory Fullslip(the underwater Turtles)...It kind of started with Nova's Exclusive The Avengers, it was cool at first but seeing it popping here and there most often I would prefer a different treatment if there is too much.

Reactions: dudz ph
BVS didnt have UHD, only 2d and 3d, the problem with that one was both editions didn't provide a full package, the lenti was the 2d theatrical disc and the 2d ultimate version disc and the full slip was 2d theatrical and 3d theatrical. People opted for the full slip as it was superior and was more for your money if you value 3D versions.

Suicide squad offered both 2d and UHD with both slips, the full slip is sold out.

I don't think they soured on 4K due to sales more so the fact 4k is still relatively new and most people don't have the kit so not a major selling point, that and the 4k discs are probably more expensive to get and thus raises the price of the release which turns people off.
Ah, you're right about the BvS. Got my UE and UHD acronyms mixed up. :LOL:

As for Suicide Squad: they got a fair bit of flack for omitting the 3D disc in favor of the UHD. They apologized to 3D fans and stated they were offered the 2D+4K pack for the same price as the 2D+3D combo, and thought their customers would prefer the former as it offered a better value.

They said they'd take customer feedback regarding the inclusion of 3D/4K discs into consideration with future releases, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's already been the case with Logan. The Suicide Squad full slip is still in stock despite a very limited run and being priced the same as a 2D+3D set, so who knows. But it's hard to imagine them not taking the limited success of their only 4K release into consideration for future editions.

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying an additional $5-10 for the inclusion of a 4K disc that represented a demonstrable upgrade from the standard bluray (e.g. Logan), but I'm happy to skip the many discs that were pressed from 2K DI's with bog-standard audio.
I completely understand those who have no interest in 4K resisting its inclusion, though. I wouldn't want to fork over the extra cash for a disc I'd never use either. ;)

Exactly It Follows Fullslip did have that finish, as well as Kimchi's Exclusive of Whiplash but I did find for those 2 releases it was well used...some others that were great with this finish was FAC Miss Peregrine and KimchiDVD Collection for Finding Dory Fullslip(the underwater Turtles)...It kind of started with Nova's Exclusive The Avengers, it was cool at first but seeing it popping here and there most often I would prefer a different treatment if there is too much.

I would personally say the whiplash full slip isn't holofoil because you get no colours from it. It's like a reflective mirror material.

I remember something years ago non steel related using a similar material but in bubble patterns and you could see weird warped reflective versions of your face but can't remember what it was

Mantas man of steel full slip is my favourite use of holofoil because it's so damn colourful. Also like the spot gloss holofoil on novas nightcrawler full slip

Part of me hopes the stock is limited especially for Lenti A. Sweating over Blufan's and Kimchidvd's Doctor Strange this week has been the most fun this game has been in ages for me. Missed the fear of missing out.

Part of me hopes the stock is limited especially for Lenti A. Sweating over Blufan's and Kimchidvd's Doctor Strange this week has been the most fun this game has been in ages for me. Missed the fear of missing out.

It's 50/50 with me

I love a buzz (a bit too much) but when it's with these I get well p*ssed off if I can't get it. And I mean when your there on the dot at 6am (kimchi/ PA) trying to get an order in not hours later after forgetting it went live - that's your own fault lol

Plus for me my phone and wifi is so temperamental sometimes it decides to go against me on pre orders when hundreds/ thousands of others are ordering plus adding to servers slowing down.

I used to go to a lot of gigs so the whole ordering tickets is similar, they sell out in seconds. Or if your lucky for a priority pre order. The last ones that were so stressful for me was arctic monkeys, Radiohead, Rolling Stones and blur. I originally missed the stones and I was nearly in tears lol then they announced another date - phew

It is nice after a bloodbath release when you manage to get through though

I'm defo in for Lenti A but like usual will order direct

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn