Amazon Canada - SteelBook Retailer thread

riddlesNrhymes

Orion's Belt
Premium Supporter
Jan 2, 2013
Devon (UK)
First of all I apologise if my question is common knowledge/posted somewhere else. I'm just wondering if I'll get stung with customs charges if I order some steelbooks from Amazon Canada? I've ordered from quite a few foreign sites and so far have only had customs charges with amazon japan. I'd appreciate some help, thanks :)

AmazonCaLogoTrns72dpi400x90.png

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon CA?
A) https://www.amazon.ca/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> click on 'create account'>> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of CANADA?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example 1 steelbook to UK:

Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks) £4.50
Expedited International Shipping Expedited International Shipping (averages 1-2 weeks) £7
Priority International Courier Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 business days) £16

*Tip* Standard shipping normally only takes a few days to arrive via Fedex

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Jiffy Bags for small orders, cardboard for large, with hardly - if any - bubble wrap, see below: (Thanks to Spass + Maccadinho25 for pics)

Got the two Kill Bill's today in this jiffy bag without any protection inside/between the steels.

How they arrived mint is a miracle!

killbilly.jpg

Not ordering from these again. Received today (very fast shipping) in a jiffy bag with no padding whatsoever to get overseas! There are actually SEVEN dents on the back that the light has picked up. Safe to say i sent my concerns via email just

View attachment 31742

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No, they list full item price. It's sometimes cheaper if ninjas have their items sent to a Canadian friend/ninja and then forwarded on to their address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card / Store Card / Gift card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Amazon in general have the best customer service but some of the worst packaging in North America.

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions. They can replace an item for a maximum of two times, they refund for the third time.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Order one at a time to avoid being stung mate. The slowest shipping option will get to you in only a couple of days, despite the estimation sometimes saying weeks.

The UK customs will want your firstborn if they hold onto your order :hilarious:

Order one at a time to avoid being stung mate. The slowest shipping option will get to you in only a couple of days, despite the estimation sometimes saying weeks.

The UK customs will want your firstborn if they hold onto your order :hilarious:

Haha Ok thanks! :thumbs: If I ordered more than 1 steel do you by any chance know or have a rough idea of the customs charge? And would the charge increase slightly for every steelbook I add to the order?

You will pay VAT (currently 20%) on the total value plus an administration fee.

Great thanks, one last question. If I order a number of steels on the same day but on different orders (to avoid charges), do you reckon amazon will package them together anyway? Should I wait a few days between ordering ?

Great thanks, one last question. If I order a number of steels on the same day but on different orders (to avoid charges), do you reckon amazon will package them together anyway? Should I wait a few days between ordering ?

No you're fine to order them right after one another :)

I ordered a couple steels (on seperate orders) and as advised, I didn't get custom charges and the estimated delivery of 6-8 weeks was blown out of the water.. they arrived in 3 days!! :scat: Thanks for the help fella's :thumbs:

I received 3 No Country for Old Men today and was pleasantly surprised with the box they were shipped in. Much to my dismay 2 of the steels had large tears on the back shrink-wrap. These were clearly damaged goods that they shipped to me. Let's see if they come through on the replacements.

I received 3 No Country for Old Men today and was pleasantly surprised with the box they were shipped in. Much to my dismay 2 of the steels had large tears on the back shrink-wrap. These were clearly damaged goods that they shipped to me. Let's see if they come through on the replacements.

If it is only tears on the shrink-wrap, I don't think Amazon will replace it.

Gotta love Amazon. :D

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had with your "No Country for Old Men Steelbook (Steelbook Edition) [Blu-ray]". I've placed a new order for you to be shipped as soon as possible.

Here are the details of the new order:

Order Number : --------------------
Shipping Speed : Priority International
Estimated Delivery Date : March 13, 2013 - March 28, 2013

There's no need to return the damaged items you received. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

To ensure your replacement order isn't held up by delays in customs, I created the replacement order with charges and refunded your original order. The charge for this order is $ 39.95, and the refund is in the same amount. Both the charge and refund will be applied to the credit card used on the original order; the refund will appear in the next 2-3 business days.

Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We value your business and hope to serve you better in the future.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.ca. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

At least you only had tears. I ordered 1 No Country for Old Men SB recently. It came with a dent so I returned it. The replacement had 2 dents and a loose disc inside so I returned it and gave up due to a similar bad experience ordering Kill Bills in the past where they just wore me down sending me damaged copies which I eventually kept justifying it because it was a cheap price...no more.:angry:

Too bad because I consider myself a good customer and their customer service is good but they need to take more care in the quality control department. The packaging, while not ideal, always arrived unscathed.

I got lucky with the 2 replacements, both were mint. It is always a gamble with them but in the end I have always been satisfied but I probably would have given up if they were damaged and insisted on a refund. I can't see how they are not losing a ton of money on their steels.

-Dano

This was the first time I ordered from Amazon.ca. They shipped the items out on 15th of April and i received it today in Dubai. That was quick EEK!.

Stuff from amazon US reaches me after one month.

This was the first time I ordered from Amazon.ca. They shipped the items out on 15th of April and i received it today in Dubai. That was quick EEK!.

Stuff from amazon US reaches me after one month.

Normal Canadian post is expensive so Amazon.ca tend to use courier firms (normally DHL) instead for a lot of overseas deliveries that's why it is faster.

Same here. I get my stuff usually in two or three days with standard shipping. They always use DHL for courier service. Crazy.

But I was much more surprised about the packing today. This is the first time I received two steels in a bubble mailer and each steel was additionally shrink wrapped in bubble foil. Definitely better then the ordinary cardboard without any extra protection.

P1010286 (640x480).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^I got the bubble/shrink wrap packaing too
I was upset at first cause they used the folder boxes, but I was surprised when I opened it up.

I'm happy if they keep shipping the steels this way.
Before this all the steels I got from Amazon.ca were in bubble mailers.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: flateric