Amazon Canada - SteelBook Retailer thread

riddlesNrhymes

Orion's Belt
Premium Supporter
Jan 2, 2013
Devon (UK)
First of all I apologise if my question is common knowledge/posted somewhere else. I'm just wondering if I'll get stung with customs charges if I order some steelbooks from Amazon Canada? I've ordered from quite a few foreign sites and so far have only had customs charges with amazon japan. I'd appreciate some help, thanks :)

AmazonCaLogoTrns72dpi400x90.png

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon CA?
A) https://www.amazon.ca/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> click on 'create account'>> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of CANADA?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example 1 steelbook to UK:

Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks) £4.50
Expedited International Shipping Expedited International Shipping (averages 1-2 weeks) £7
Priority International Courier Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 business days) £16

*Tip* Standard shipping normally only takes a few days to arrive via Fedex

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Jiffy Bags for small orders, cardboard for large, with hardly - if any - bubble wrap, see below: (Thanks to Spass + Maccadinho25 for pics)

Got the two Kill Bill's today in this jiffy bag without any protection inside/between the steels.

How they arrived mint is a miracle!

killbilly.jpg

Not ordering from these again. Received today (very fast shipping) in a jiffy bag with no padding whatsoever to get overseas! There are actually SEVEN dents on the back that the light has picked up. Safe to say i sent my concerns via email just

View attachment 31742

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No, they list full item price. It's sometimes cheaper if ninjas have their items sent to a Canadian friend/ninja and then forwarded on to their address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card / Store Card / Gift card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Amazon in general have the best customer service but some of the worst packaging in North America.

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions. They can replace an item for a maximum of two times, they refund for the third time.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never ordered from Amazon ca before, last night I put in an order for t2.. hero and first blood..
I've just read this page and people are saying that amazons packaging is bad and the steelbook's are more likely to get damaged during shipping, I think I'm gonna cancel them now:(

I've never ordered from Amazon ca before, last night I put in an order for t2.. hero and first blood..
I've just read this page and people are saying that amazons packaging is bad and the steelbook's are more likely to get damaged during shipping, I think I'm gonna cancel them now:(

yeah amazon.ca packaging is horrible, not even close to the europe amazons. im in canada and have had so many issues with damaged steels that ive stopped using amazon.ca totally, its been months since i used them and i probably wont ever again

Last edited:
yeah amazon.ca packaging is horrible, not even close to the europe amazons. im in canada and have had so many issues with damaged steels that ive stopped using amazon.ca totally, its been months since i used them and i probably wont ever again

It's pretty close to Amazon France, possibly better. :(

They've got 3 options

Choose a shipping speed:
Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks)
Expedited International Shipping (averages 1-2 weeks)
Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 business days)

I selected Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks) but it seems to have been shipped DHL Express.

Reactions: pokjak290
They've got 3 options

Choose a shipping speed:

I always order 2 movie@2copy in 1 order, then choose Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks). BUT amazon.ca upgrade to DHL shipping :scat:

#my local member said - IF buy one copy movie in one order, choose Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks) - comfirm that order will received in 6-8 weeks :ohno:

Reactions: pmwhelan
They've got 3 options

Choose a shipping speed:

For any USA person, Expedited is only $1 more, so I always choose that.

EDIT, by the way, my package from a recent order was sent UPS. (United Parcel Service)

Received today 2 steelbooks from amazon.ca. Both steels have scratches because of the the poor packaging. Paid nearly 50 bucks for both, finally I wasted my money. I live in Switzerland so returning them would cost about 30 bucks, crap.

I can highly NOT recommend amazon Canada!

Received today 2 steelbooks from amazon.ca. Both steels have scratches because of the the poor packaging. Paid nearly 50 bucks for both, finally I wasted my money. I live in Switzerland so returning them would cost about 30 bucks, crap.

I can highly NOT recommend amazon Canada!

i would actually send them back, and claim for a refund not only on the items, but also for the return shipping costs.
i've always got it back when i received damaged goods and had to send them back. it's not your fault, THEY have to pay for it.

i would actually send them back, and claim for a refund not only on the items, but also for the return shipping costs.
i've always got it back when i received damaged goods and had to send them back. it's not your fault, THEY have to pay for it.

Thank you Sir! :thumbs:

I will send both steelbooks back and see what happens.

Cheers!

Thank you Sir! :thumbs:

I will send both steelbooks back and see what happens.

Cheers!

contact their customer service before, and tell them about your plan of sending the damaged steels back, and that you want refund on BOTH items and shipping. and KEEP THE RECEIPT of the post office as a proof, they might wanna see a scan of it.

Thanks for the help.

I already wrote them a bad message and they refunded the whole amount today. I am still going to return them the damaged steelbooks. At least a great service from amazon. Still, it's very sad to see how they treat their own products. This was my last order on amazon.ca.....

Cheers!

What taxes would you have to pay on a steelbook if you were to order from Amazon.ca and Amazon.com? Or is just simply price of steelbook and shipping costs?

For both Amazon Canada and US, taxes will be based on your province, assuming that it is shipped within/to Canada.

For Amazon US, you can use a US address, and you may not get hit with state taxes. That will depend on the state it is being shipped to.

You can always see what they are before you finalize you payment.

Reactions: RDE