Amazon Canada - SteelBook Retailer thread

riddlesNrhymes

Orion's Belt
Premium Supporter
Jan 2, 2013
Devon (UK)
First of all I apologise if my question is common knowledge/posted somewhere else. I'm just wondering if I'll get stung with customs charges if I order some steelbooks from Amazon Canada? I've ordered from quite a few foreign sites and so far have only had customs charges with amazon japan. I'd appreciate some help, thanks :)

AmazonCaLogoTrns72dpi400x90.png

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon CA?
A) https://www.amazon.ca/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> click on 'create account'>> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of CANADA?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example 1 steelbook to UK:

Standard International Shipping (averages 6-8 weeks) £4.50
Expedited International Shipping Expedited International Shipping (averages 1-2 weeks) £7
Priority International Courier Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 business days) £16

*Tip* Standard shipping normally only takes a few days to arrive via Fedex

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Jiffy Bags for small orders, cardboard for large, with hardly - if any - bubble wrap, see below: (Thanks to Spass + Maccadinho25 for pics)

Got the two Kill Bill's today in this jiffy bag without any protection inside/between the steels.

How they arrived mint is a miracle!

killbilly.jpg

Not ordering from these again. Received today (very fast shipping) in a jiffy bag with no padding whatsoever to get overseas! There are actually SEVEN dents on the back that the light has picked up. Safe to say i sent my concerns via email just

View attachment 31742

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No, they list full item price. It's sometimes cheaper if ninjas have their items sent to a Canadian friend/ninja and then forwarded on to their address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card / Store Card / Gift card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Amazon in general have the best customer service but some of the worst packaging in North America.

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions. They can replace an item for a maximum of two times, they refund for the third time.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.ca customer service is just awesome! I wrote them about 30 min ago and just got an answer:

[...] Therefore, I've requested a refund of $23.97 to the payment method you used for your original purchase. [...]

Also, there's no need to return the damaged item you received. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you. [...]

Big thumbs up! :thumbs: :oohyeah:

Must have been somewhat Lucky all my Harry Potters seems to have made the trip. However the shrinkwrap has small holes on the side of 2-3 but I can't blame the shipping for that.

Forget the shipping. Amazon CA's main problem is the quality of their stock in the first place. Got GWTW and Exorcist all scratched on the back. You can't see the problem until you remove the shrinkwrap and backing card.

At least they not bad when it comes to return/refund.

I would never order anything from Amazon.ca ever again.

The last time i received 3 steels, in a cardboard envelope, all with lots of tiny dents.

Same for me, never again!
Plus they ship with DHL so automatic custom fees at the arrival :(

I suggest only order 1 steel at a time from CA - from experience you dont get charged by customs (in UK anyway)...but it doesn't improve your chances of getting a mint steel. Luck is key.

I've ordered 1 steel - 40 steels in the past from Amazon.ca and even with a big box they still don't pack them well.... plus most were clearly damaged BEFORE they were packed.

I'd say 2 out of 3 steels i got from CA weren't mint. Complete waste of time.

Even so...still can't fault the CS, superb service.

I suggest only order 1 steel at a time from CA - from experience you dont get charged by customs (in UK anyway)...but it doesn't improve your chances of getting a mint steel. Luck is key.

I've ordered 1 steel - 40 steels in the past from Amazon.ca and even with a big box they still don't pack them well.... plus most were clearly damaged BEFORE they were packed.

I'd say 2 out of 3 steels i got from CA weren't mint. Complete waste of time.

This is so true it's not funny.

I ordered a steel for amazon.ca it arrived today and surprise surprise its dented again :angry: :angry: just sent them a email regarding replacement, but it would cost me between 67-35 euros to sent the one steel back to canada :angry: :angry: :angry: (and i only paid 20 euros for it)

Aside from the chips in quite a few orders my Kill Bill 1&2 box had a large dent in it. I'm not sure if it was from the packing or not, but it was from a reseller and packaged by Amazon.ca.

Luckily it's easy to return and free of charge since I'm Canadian... but from now on I'll be avoiding them like the plague. So far my orders from overseas (UK and DE) have came in perfect condition.

The North American Amazon's need to get their act together.

Have Amazon CA improved their packaging for steelbooks then yet ?

Last time I ordered Piranha it came in a jiffy bag !! EEK!

Yeah was a jiffy for me, but if you order more than 1, they chuck them all in a larger box on top of each order with no protection around the sides.

If you order more than 1, they chuck them all in a larger box on top of each order with no protection around the sides.

Amazon.ca's packaging was so bad last time I ordered from them (bunch of steels chucked loosely in a box with no added protection) that 75% of them arrived damaged, and I swore I'd never order from them again. If I hear they've switched to the same packaging as the Euro Amazon stores then I'd rethink that, but for now I'd rather trust to fleabay than Amazon.ca for an undamaged copy.

Reactions: lolwut