Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
I got the new packaging for my Immortals order, are any of you holding on to the boxes for your own personal trading purposes?

I got the new packaging for my Immortals order, are any of you holding on to the boxes for your own personal trading purposes?
Same here... my copy of Immortals from Amazon UK came in the new packaging, which I was very thankful for, as one corner of the box was bashed pretty badly, but luckily my steel was unharmed. :D

This packaging sucks....it scratches the spine!! received 3 from Amazon Uk and spine was scratched...not just the plastic but steel inteself! I want my BOX and bubble wrap packaging back!!

as of yet i haven't received any orders from amazon in this new style packaging, so it seems they are rather inconsistent when posting items.
personally, i think the original flat boxes with bubblewrap around the contents still suffices!!

Have hope that someone from the staff of amazon.ca will read this and they start packed steelbooks in this way, and in the end it will be the standard. I have two steelbooks damaget for all seven which I bought from them, fortunately replacement was quick and successful.

Man..just received a dented Hurt Locker from amazon.uk with the above packaging box. it was smashed in and created a dent inside the steelbook :( I just sent amazon customer support about it...I really hate dealing w/ these exchange stuff.

Man..just received a dented Hurt Locker from amazon.uk with the above packaging box. it was smashed in and created a dent inside the steelbook :( I just sent amazon customer support about it...I really hate dealing w/ these exchange stuff.

Hey May sorry to hear that. Ironically I ordered the same steel from a third party seller on Amazon UK and they shipped it in a cardboard envelope with no bubble wrap and it came in with no visible dents.
I guess sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

oh well..the Hurt Locker shiny bling is pretty nice...very bling bling.

Hey May sorry to hear that. Ironically I ordered the same steel from a third party seller on Amazon UK and they shipped it in a cardboard envelope with no bubble wrap and it came in with no visible dents.
I guess sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

I still don't understand how this new packaging can be that inconsistent. Don't take this the wrong way but I ordered over 20 copies of the UK Hurt Locker (plus 12 TTSS) from Amazon.UK over a period of time and ZERO dents/dings with this new packaging. I had also ordered over 10 copies of Drive from Amazon.FR over a period of time and also ZERO dents/dings with this new packaging. One thing to note was that none of these orders were singles and Amazon had put them into a separate, larger box so perhaps that might have helped protect them better.

Just puzzling :wtf:

I still don't understand how this new packaging can be that inconsistent. Don't take this the wrong way but I ordered over 20 copies of the UK Hurt Locker (plus 12 TTSS) from Amazon.UK over a period of time and ZERO dents/dings with this new packaging. I had also ordered over 10 copies of Drive from Amazon.FR over a period of time and also ZERO dents/dings with this new packaging. One thing to note was that none of these orders were singles and Amazon had put them into a separate, larger box so perhaps that might have helped protect them better.

Just puzzling :wtf:

Yeah I don't understand it as well. I mean it seems like when you order in larger quantities your chances of receiving damage goods lessens but sometimes I really think they were already damaged before shipping.

Reactions: Top_cat2
I got my Immortals steelbook from Amazon.fr packed in that box, not bad but still no bubble wrap protection :rolleyes:

I received my 5x Steelbook from amazon.fr and they put each Steelbook in a small box plus a very big box including some newspaper. They put the Steelbook with a small box inside the big box. I think amazon learn they're lesson cause every time we received dent Steelbook then we have to return it. Good news for us especially for those steelbook collectors

I've got a Steelbook a few days back from Amazon DE, so I took some pictures of their packaging.

The "front" of the package, with the shipping labels etc:
3448v0l.jpg

The "back" of the package, which has some kind of "a strip" (or "a tab") to make the opening easier:
sg03zm.jpg

The initial box, opened. Contains an inner smaller box:
2moqzpz.jpg

The smaller inner box, the side with the opening strip/tab. A little bit harder to open, as its opening tab is wrapped with tape:
11t3gh2.jpg

The inner box, opened. Contains shrink wrap around the Steelbook:
24l95ap.jpg

I've moved aside the shrink wrap, and the Steelbook is now revealed:
34dsun8.jpg

The shrink wrap is kind of "an envelope". The Steelbook wasn't inside it, but was wrapped by it.
6fxusy.jpg

and this is the the bubble wrap's thickness:
qp14yb.jpg

The Steelbook came in excellent condition, of course. :D

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus