Autographed Movie/Comic-Con And Other SteelBooks™

So I just found out Comicon is coming to Ottawa this weekend, can still get tickets for Sunday but thinking of getting the following Steels signed.

Star Trek FS Steel by William Shatner

Serenity Steel by Adam Baldwin

Hulk Horizontal Steel by Lou Ferrigno

Battlestar Galactica The Plan by Jamie Bamber

**Feel free to post pics, if you have any autographed Steels**

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be going to Fan Expo on Sunday. Hopefully, I can get my first signed steelbook! Not sure which autographs to get...Stan Lee, Karl Urban, Linda Hamilton, Ron Perlman?

I'll be going to Fan Expo on Sunday. Hopefully, I can get my first signed steelbook! Not sure which autographs to get...Stan Lee, Karl Urban, Linda Hamilton, Ron Perlman?

Make sure to post pics! Fyi Not sure if stan lee is signing the front of steels at the moment because of another dispute of whatever with "disney" Fyi. I was going to get my thor signed in chicago but passed because of that.

Linda would be cool all good choices really. Take a few different things. That way if a line is too long for your first choice you have a back up just in case.

Also, are sharpies decent for staying on steelbooks? Drying time etc. if anyone knows :)

Yep, use sharpies, even the metallic ones. Stay away from the non-sharpie metal pens. They take way too long to dry and are messy. I usually give the metallic sharpie a few minutes to dry, but it can depend on the surface of item.
Make sure they are new and undamaged too.
I take some of my own too in case you run into someone in an elevator or something at a show when they wouldn't have one on them. I've gotten a lot that way.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: D4vem88
Popped into Dragon*Con on Sunday and got IronE Singleton (T-Dog), Scott Wilson (Herschel), and Michael Rooker (Merle) to sign TWD S3.

T-Dog took up most of the front, Herschel did the bottom right corner, and Merle signed over the governor (I was hoping he'd use silver sharpie but he just grabbed the nearest sharpie)
bpfd.jpg

Me with them:
zehc.jpg

y8qu.jpg

cppc.jpg

Seriously thats wicked!!!!!

Hope to get a few walking dead autographs myself in ohio later this month :scat:

Also

Yep, use sharpies, even the metallic ones. Stay away from the non-sharpie metal pens. They take way too long to dry and are messy. I usually give the metallic sharpie a few minutes to dry, but it can depend on the surface of item.
Make sure they are new and undamaged too.
I take some of my own too in case you run into someone in an elevator or something at a show when they wouldn't have one on them. I've gotten a lot that way.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with this the only sig i have had to let dry was stan lee's sig because it was thick and it used so much marker. On my spidey steel I thought I let it dry enough but when I got home I realized the polly bag I stored it it had a drop of sharpie on it.

Reactions: dfoles
Stan the Man would not even sign my Spidey steel because of this. He did sign the BD though so not a complete loss but a lot less cool.

-Dano

I agree with this the only sig i have had to let dry was stan lee's sig because it was thick and it used so much marker. On my spidey steel I thought I let it dry enough but when I got home I realized the polly bag I stored it it had a drop of sharpie on it.

Last edited:
What do you guys think a Stan Lee autographed future shop Iron Man would go for? Sealed or unsealed.

What do you guys think a Stan Lee autographed future shop Iron Man would go for? Sealed or unsealed.

Well as of right now would be hard HOWEVER if you are looking for a big gain wait until he passes.

I dont really keep track of the current IM FS steels go for.

a signed sealed IM FS? You mean the plastic is signed? That'd be weird.

While Stan is a legend, he has signed a lot. Think of how much he signs right now, he did it sooo much more during the late 80's & 90's. But yeah, Stan memorabilia will be at it's peak immediately after his death, as macabre as that is.

Wow both look Great ! I had wondered which ones you would have end up getting at the expo.

Once I walked in, the autograph booths were there. Karl Urban had a huge line so the guy told me to come back in 15 minutes. I dropped by Linda Hamilton and the line wasn't as long. She was super nice! Very friendly and we had a nice chat! Didn't see Stan Lee, so I wasn't able to get his autograph...next time!

Once I walked in, the autograph booths were there. Karl Urban had a huge line so the guy told me to come back in 15 minutes. I dropped by Linda Hamilton and the line wasn't as long. She was super nice! Very friendly and we had a nice chat! Didn't see Stan Lee, so I wasn't able to get his autograph...next time!

A lot of people ive met are usually very nice and connect with fans which I admire they dont try and push you along.

Thats a shame you didnt get to see stan hopefully you can see him again soon.

I noticed in Novi early this year and chicago hes off his game a bit.In chicago he started a random conversation when my friend was getting something signed. Stans so nice I hope he lives well past 100. He attends so many shows I dont know how he can take it honestly but im thankful he cares so much about his fans.

Anyways not to get to sidetracked but Ill be posting some more autographs by next sunday hopefully.

ron glass now added :oohyeah:

IMG_0563_zps6a8045f4.jpg

IMG_0564_zps9d3b7ed5.jpg

Ray park (snake eyes ) He was really interested in the steelbook and thought it looked cool. He said he did not think he has seen one of these specific ones signed before. He was really cool wish I would have recorded him saying that but I wanted to get a photo with him

IMG_0577_zps953de25f.jpg

I also got a serenity steel signed that id have a minor issue (i did not realize their was a random clear sticker on it. Anyways it was corrected by her even tho it looks a bit weird and its for my personal collection anyways. :D

If you want to check out other things I had signed click the link to my collection in my sig Ill be posting comics dvd set and blu ray walking dead.

ron glass now added :oohyeah:

IMG_0563_zps6a8045f4.jpg

IMG_0564_zps9d3b7ed5.jpg

Ray park (snake eyes ) He was really interested in the steelbook and thought it looked cool. He said he did not think he has seen one of these specific ones signed before. He was really cool wish I would have recorded him saying that but I wanted to get a photo with him

IMG_0577_zps953de25f.jpg

I also got a serenity steel signed that id have a minor issue (i did not realize their was a random clear sticker on it. Anyways it was corrected by her even tho it looks a bit weird and its for my personal collection anyways. :D

If you want to check out other things I had signed click the link to my collection in my sig Ill be posting comics dvd set and blu ray walking dead.

That Serenity steel is looking SWEET!

Reactions: Xavier