Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
It was a clever little scam by zavvi to sell some crappy zbox's. No chance that this will be delivered in it regardless of what zavvis generic emails tell you. Not unless you receive your zbox 3 or 4 months late. And that is always a possibility.

Reactions: Dan
From zavvi

Upon looking into this, it appears that the Avengers 2 Steelbook will also be sent along with the ZBOX.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
If I was a betting man...no way they Zavvi are shipping copies of the AoU 5-6 weeks from the cinema release date in the UK.

If I was a betting man...no way they Zavvi are shipping copies of the AoU 5-6 weeks from the cinema release date in the UK.

There's 0% chance of that happening. A studio would never authorise the release of a major film like this 6 weeks after it comes out in the cinema, a primary reason would be the implications that would lead to piracy wise.

Reactions: digitalbabe
There's 0% chance of that happening. A studio would never authorise the release of a major film like this 6 weeks after it comes out in the cinema, a primary reason would be the implications that would lead to piracy wise.
Nothing to do with piracy, everything to do with the Licensing and Contractual agreements by the big Cinema chains, it's usually 4+ months after cinema release these Marvel films are released for Home formats.

Reactions: ghost1
Nothing to do with piracy, everything to do with the Licensing and Contractual agreements by the big Cinema chains, it's usually 4+ months after cinema release these Marvel films are released for Home formats.

Primary not sole reason, the same contractual agreements are why 'big' films don't get released on VOD like some independent films do within a few weeks/months of cinema release. Also no party involved wants to see a hd quality copy appear online whilst the film is still on general release.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Maybe maybe not. If it's part of zbox it might get early release

er no sorry @dazza78 just look on amazon at normal bluray, can pre-order but no release date even "This title has not yet been released. "
and normally at least 3months from when they get a release date to start with.

the czech version has release date of September 16, 2015

tell you what to be fair ill bet you £50 that you will not have aou steel sent out with the zbox on the 29th may, you up for it????

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelselecta
Watched this today very good film however I didn't leave thinking WOW like I was expecting too not as good as the first avengers IMO

I felt the same. I was truly amazed after seeing the first Avengers. With Age Of Ultron this didn't happend. It was a good movie, but we all felt a bit exhausted after it.

Reactions: Ricardo13
Watched this today very good film however I didn't leave thinking WOW like I was expecting too not as good as the first avengers IMO

I felt the same. I was truly amazed after seeing the first Avengers. With Age Of Ultron this didn't happend. It was a good movie, but we all felt a bit exhausted after it.

I understand that but i think that our brains are working so hard to record everything because we have our preconcieved ideas of what we'll see and there's so much going on ! I needed the day after to really sink it all in and actually remember lots of parts of the film. I really need a second viewing with my brain prepared now lol.
Btw all of you who see the movie in english are lucky bastards !! No english versions in my area.

I understand that but i think that our brains are working so hard to record everything because we have our preconcieved ideas of what we'll see and there's so much going on ! I needed the day after to really sink it all in and actually remember lots of parts of the film. I really need a second viewing with my brain prepared now lol.
Btw all of you who see the movie in english are lucky bastards !! No english versions in my area.

You can buy it on bluray and watch it again at home in its original language :)

Come on bro, if stupid Americans can learn English you should be able to.

Well i wish i could have seen the movie in english for my first time in the cinema. I wish they would give us viewings of the film in english because they do it for a lot of movies but never for the big superhero ones.
I'll be needing a huge TV when i'm rich

Haven't been here for a few days thus I'm late in replying.

Completely forgot about this but luckily zavvi sent me an email on Thursday & was fortunate enough to get a pre-order in!