Release date: June 24, 2013
Price: £12.59
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i have ZERO sympathy for people who import a steelbook, for it to then become available in another region(or something that looks strikingly similar) It's not like you were forced or tricked into buying it. they're never billed as 'only available here, never to be released in other countries' it's a bit naive to purchase a steelbook thinking it'll never be released anywhere else in the world in some form. as mr scotty here said the warner wave released earlier was a bit of a give away, that these were probably coming.
you made the decision to pay a premium price for a product knowing full well there was no guarantee other countries wouldn't get the same thing.

I very rarely import steelbooks (literally done it 3-4 times) cause i suspect this kinda thing will happen as more often then not it does + cost is far too much to import. thats probably the most logical approach to steelbook collecting. If you're going to import you need to accept the fact that it may eventually get released in other countries. if you cant accept that it's your own fault.

i dont see a problem with introducing steelbooks previously released in other countries into new territories. rereleasing a steelbook in the same country (eg dark knight rises) is a completely different story. but nows not the time for that.

if it is towards me this comment, i have to tell you that i dont own these, and as i said expecting re releases or if you wanna call them releases of other countries...with exactly the same artwork...
same with euro coins for instance all euro coins look the same but the back its different thats why they are collectibles, but the euro notes which are the same in every country they are NOT.....

the only thing left to see its to see UK or GERMANY re-releasing gladiator artwork including the taiwan print infornt just for ''some'' to get their hand on for CHEAP and not pay whatever the price....

personally i have ZERO sympathy for people who import a steelbook, for it to then become available in another region(or something that looks strikingly similar) It's not like you were forced or tricked into buying it. they're never billed as 'only available here, never to be released in other countries' it's a bit naive to purchase a steelbook thinking it'll never be released anywhere else in the world in some form. as mr scotty here said the warner wave released earlier was a bit of a give away, that these were probably coming.
you made the decision to pay a premium price for a product knowing full well there was no guarantee other countries wouldn't get the same thing.

I very rarely import steelbooks (literally done it 3-4 times) cause i suspect this kinda thing will happen as more often then not it does + cost is far too much to import. thats probably the most logical approach to steelbook collecting. If you're going to import you need to accept the fact that it may eventually get released in other countries. if you cant accept that it's your own fault.

i dont see a problem with introducing steelbooks previously released in other countries into new territories. rereleasing a steelbook in the same country (eg dark knight rises) is a completely different story. but nows not the time for that.

No. this is a different story.
They keep releasing Batman steelbooks and they're released by Warner, not by different studios... They know steelbooks are collectibles and there is a high demand, that's why they're re-releasing steelbooks with the same artwork in different countries.

They're also re-releasing TDKR which was previously released in the UK.

Reactions: nickforall1987
No. this is a different story.
They keep releasing Batman steelbooks and they're released by Warner, not by different studios... They know steelbooks are collectibles and there is a high demand, that's why they're re-releasing steelbooks with the same artwork in different countries.

They're also re-releasing TDKR which was previously released in the UK.

:hilarious: what ?

never said anything about it being different studios. did you actually read what was written :naughty:

i was simply saying that, if a country gets a release of a steelbook for the first time that is not a re-release, that is the film studio catering for the population of that country. Most steelbooks are not worldwide exclusives. Why would you assume that no other country should get this just because you are willing to pay to import it. WB are entitled to release this into other territories.

Last edited:
Reactions: minty and ETSC
At least they waited this long, I guess.

I highly doubt they'll be "the same" as the JP versions. The only whites that were ever the same as the JP editions were the 1st print KR editions, and I believe those have increased in value whereas the JP editions have slightly declined. The people who are setting the values for these steels aren't going to accept replica editions.

What I see a lot in this thread is two things, "awesome! I couldn't afford the original whites," and, "this is the end of steelbook collecting." Steelbooks are just like comic books, sports cards, art, figurines, books, etc., etc. Each hobby has people like us here and each hobby has it's originals & it's replicas, reprints, & 2nd editions.

At least they waited this long, I guess.

I highly doubt they'll be "the same" as the JP versions. The only whites that were ever the same as the JP editions were the 1st print KR editions, and I believe those have increased in value whereas the JP editions have slightly declined. The people who are setting the values for these steels aren't going to accept replica editions.

What I see a lot in this thread is two things, "awesome! I couldn't afford the original whites," and, "this is the end of steelbook collecting." Steelbooks are just like comic books, sports cards, art, figurines, books, etc., etc. Each hobby has people like us here and each hobby has it's originals & it's replicas, reprints, & 2nd editions.

i fully agree with you,
but i have one question....if you are a collector of any of those, or steelbooks...what would you like? same thing different country? or different thing different country?

June 3rd? Seriously? I thought they were going to be kind to us and move some of the release dates :(

Exactly what I was saying about the movement on the Indys. In one forum Wreck is saying he had a word with Zavvi and they moved some dates and they remove 3 and replace it with 5

Huh?

I have said all along that the Indy series was not moved because of a few blokes on a forum finding it a bit tight on June 3rd and a few people were griping at me about that.

Oh we'll ill be ordering these no matter what.

FYI....there is reason behind those prices, as like everything collectible so in these there are exclusivities and qualities and limited numbers taking part,
now for all these that are new into it and asking for re-releases for me they are in it for the profit not collection.
i am have been collecting since 2004 of limited collection pieces, i found out about forum in february, but havent been new to collecting.
i personally dont own these copies but i am fully aware that when i buy them which i will i will save money and get a collectible.

I don't think so.

Im new to collecting (a year now) and I have never sold a steelbook and never plan to.

I was late to the steelbook game and I'm only happy to have a chance at getting the movies I love on steel.

People know that re-releases happen so they're taking a chance paying big bucks.

Reactions: minty
Exactly what I was saying about the movement on the Indys. In one forum Wreck is saying he had a word with Zavvi and they moved some dates and they remove 3 and replace it with 5

Huh?

I have said all along that the Indy series was not moved because of a few blokes on a forum finding it a bit tight on June 3rd and a few people were griping at me about that.

Oh we'll ill be ordering these no matter what.

You seem to doubt what certain people do for this community. Why question what Wreck does and knows when he has been right on almost every occasion?

Anyway, these aren't Zavvi exclusives so Zavvi aren't in charge of the release date. Warners are. And we all know how much they pay attention to the real needs of steelbook collectors.