Release date: June 24, 2013
Price: £12.59
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spotted these on Wow HD for £12.49 each - I haven't used them in a long time so not sure if they are trustworthy for delivering steelbooks in good condition

Unfortunately this is my 1st post so I can't post a link (please be gentle :ohno:)

Just spotted these on Wow HD for £12.49 each - I haven't used them in a long time so not sure if they are trustworthy for delivering steelbooks in good condition

Unfortunately this is my 1st post so I can't post a link (please be gentle :ohno:)

I pre ordered Heat from them for about £8 from the previous wave. Bad packaging (cardboard envelope) but surprisingly arrived without any damage
Edit: packaging was actually a bubble jiffy bag with cardboard wrap

Last edited:

First off, welcome to the forum and thanks for pointing out the lower price :D

My advice would be to stick to Zavvi or Amazon (or HMV) for the time being if you are contemplating ordering steels from the UK. Reason being that they have implemented decent packaging to ensure your items arrive in best condition possible (in theory)

For the sake of saving £2 - £3 per steelbook I would say the gamble you take by using Wow HD is too high. You are relying on the product travelling half way round the world in a jiffy bag and turning up mint. If you buy this entire Batman wave you take 5 x the risk. And the customer service is non existent when it goes wrong too. You might like to gamble but personally I couldn't risk it for the sake of just £15 - £20

Just my thoughts on it. Not everyone has had a bad experience with them but hopefully it's useful advise ;)

Ouch really considering getting rid of my Japanese Steel. Like this slightly more colorful release. Will wait til Ive seen an in-hand video though, to check out the finish on this baby.

Wow! Yet another re release of a highly priced steel, that I don't have. I must be just really really lucky, or I just know something lol. I just hope that no one here paid $600 for these Asian versions, back when TDK was a huge blockbuster that was making these prices artificially high. I tried to tell ya, look at the previous posts. Anyways, didn't purchase the original Asian releases, not gonna get these ones either. Never liked these steels, just too damn plain Jane. It is a fact that these Asian and European releases have a very good chance of being re released elsewhere. They have a proven history of that. Now Future Shop, they do not have a history of re releasing the same artwork. Which brings me to my Watchmen dilema, which apparently will be re released. Can my favorite steel of all time bring an end to Stevo's "lucky" streak?! Stay tuned and find out lol.

Wow! Yet another re release of a highly priced steel, that I don't have. I must be just really really lucky, or I just know something lol. I just hope that no one here paid $600 for these Asian versions, back when TDK was a huge blockbuster that was making these prices artificially high. I tried to tell ya, look at the previous posts. Anyways, didn't purchase the original Asian releases, not gonna get these ones either. Never liked these steels, just too damn plain Jane. It is a fact that these Asian and European releases have a very good chance of being re released elsewhere. They have a proven history of that. Now Future Shop, they do not have a history of re releasing the same artwork. Which brings me to my Watchmen dilema, which apparently will be re released. Can my favorite steel of all time bring an end to Stevo's "lucky" streak?! Stay tuned and find out lol.

Didn't know it had different art then, no? :p

I'm glad these have new art and am pleased for those that have the more valuable JP versions too. Everyone is happy. Almost ;)