Release date: June 24, 2013
Price: £12.59
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall seeing the first print Korean copies on Auction. The Korean versions are rarer and a tad more expensive.

I would say a good Korean version is rarer than the JP version, but overall, I preferred the Japanese release.

I had many of the JP versions upon release and have sold all since then, including my personal copies.
A very large amount of the Korean ones I have seen had odd coloring issues in the white portion of the steels, some with a slightly green tint, others with a purple.
Standalone, they looked nice, but paired up, they would often look dissimilar rather than a really nice matching white as the JP versions were.

Hopefully the UK ones avoid the coloring issues.

I would say a good Korean version is rarer than the JP version, but overall, I preferred the Japanese release.

I had many of the JP versions upon release and have sold all since then, including my personal copies.
A very large amount of the Korean ones I have seen had odd coloring issues in the white portion of the steels, some with a slightly green tint, others with a purple.
Standalone, they looked nice, but paired up, they would often look dissimilar rather than a really nice matching white as the JP versions were.

Hopefully the UK ones avoid the coloring issues.

Because previous warner wave in korea were produced in contracted factory in china. Steelbook itself is not a problem but laser print on steelbook has coloring issue.

But scanavo wanted to produce steelbook again from china for lower cost

So we need to keep eye on asian release steelbook

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

id have to agree with snoop, as well as with aprilarrow,
true collectors want them all, nothing will come close to those jp or kr releases as snoop very well stated there are two types of people who would buy the uk release...those who want all and already own/will own a jp and a korea and those who would never get one, cause its ''expensive''

the true winners as aprilarrow said are the studios and manufacturers,
so why dont we suggest them to release 10k releases to destroy completely the hobby...?

p.s ''no no i wouldnt pay 11£ for this,....if only i could get it at 10.99£'' *sigh*

Reactions: Soundeath
Will be interesting to see the Amazon price for this. If they go in above 15.99 they won't sell em quickly so something should give.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

These are showing up on sainsburys now. No price yet but this will be interesting to see. Should have the price up soon

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Pre order date says the 15th

Reading the comments here, Pple throw around the term real collectors. What does that mean? I do not want to detract from the steel itself. Can't we just respect all collectors and not find ways to segregate? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Its sad when those who are so called real collectors try to ruin it for the newer collectors. I've been collecting for 6 yrs myself and honestly think there are enough distinguishing features from this and the Asian releases. I'm glad Pple have an alternative choice on where their money will be well spent

Reading the comments here, Pple throw around the term real collectors. What does that mean? I do not want to detract from the steel itself. Can't we just respect all collectors and not find ways to segregate? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Its sad when those who are so called real collectors try to ruin it for the newer collectors. I've been collecting for 6 yrs myself and honestly think there are enough distinguishing features from this and the Asian releases. I'm glad Pple have an alternative choice on where their money will be well spent

Well said sir.

Ive been collecting steels for a year now, and i can in noway afford £120+ for the *** release, but when i saw this and TDK i was over the moon :)

Reactions: fiestaboyke
personally i have ZERO sympathy for people who import a steelbook, for it to then become available in another region(or something that looks strikingly similar) It's not like you were forced or tricked into buying it. they're never billed as 'only available here, never to be released in other countries' it's a bit naive to purchase a steelbook thinking it'll never be released anywhere else in the world in some form. as mr scotty here said the warner wave released earlier was a bit of a give away, that these were probably coming.
you made the decision to pay a premium price for a product knowing full well there was no guarantee other countries wouldn't get the same thing.

I very rarely import steelbooks (literally done it 3-4 times) cause i suspect this kinda thing will happen as more often then not it does + cost is far too much to import. thats probably the most logical approach to steelbook collecting. If you're going to import you need to accept the fact that it may eventually get released in other countries. if you cant accept that it's your own fault.

i dont see a problem with introducing steelbooks previously released in other countries into new territories. rereleasing a steelbook in the same country (eg dark knight rises) is a completely different story. but nows not the time for that.

not aimed at anyone in particular just ALL the people who import then moan about other regions getting a similar steelbook

At least someone agrees with me.

This moaning over international re-releases is just pointless. Is there some global steelbook committee out there that regulates who should have what steel and where? Of course not! Everybody takes our wonderful website here for granted.

There is no global steel market. I mean look...even play.com wouldn't ship to the US so we end up paying a guy from Britain to order us all one. How many people out there do you think really would do this if they were unaware of this forum? A company like Warner isnt going to say "oh snap, 200 people from England bought some Japanese steels, we better release this everywhere else with a different artwork now."

It's like everybody thinks that group buying is the norm in all countries everywhere and movie studios need to know this. Think about it, if you sell as an example 3500 copies of a steel to Japanese residents and 500 to importers, is your first thought going to be "we need to release this in the uk, but totally different." You're going to think that "wow this sold well in Japan and there was even some global interest, let's get this in other peoples hands elsewhere!"

Every collecting hobby is like this. You take a risk buying something hoping it increases in value, but in the end there is no guarantee. Isnt that what collecting is about? If everything that came out was immediately valueable then the hobby would loose interest fast. And eventual value is just one tiny facet of collecting hobbies.

never got it but always wanted the white batman and was thinking of get one from ebay. now that it's re-released i lost completly my interest in it and don't want it anymore, not even for 10€

I just can't bring myself to buy this movie again (I already have this and Dark Knight on Blu-ray twice already). If they bring out the special collector's edition, maybe then.

I hate that people now are complaining about the big price they payed for a Japanese steelbook of this one ... Nobody said they have to buy it ... i myself am a big batman fan butt now way i'm paying +100$ for a steelbook so i'm glad the release thisz one .... people saying that they think its gonna be a cheap finish are just jalous people that HOPE for a cheap finish ....

Why do I get the feeling this will have a cheap finish on it?