Big Hero 6 (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #26) [China]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: December 2015
Purchase links from the Hi-Def Ninja Shop: Hollow Cut Slip - Lenti - Ultimate Edition - TriPack
Price: $60 (Hollow Cut Slip) - $65 (Lenti) - $75 (Ultimate Edition) - $195 (TriPack)

BH6all.jpg

145614ev2wvaqv2vtvf1v2.jpg

145515ag9kk8s554zk82a5.jpg

1-jpg.173979

Actual pictures thanks to Kevin
120452e6u50ealb6savbbe.jpg

120453h0ixx2wmieepxodm.jpg

12045498wqvbf9590l944h.jpg

120455zxix7i1iwife8ye8.jpg

View attachment 173979
@Geek Tragedy
Your design has been approved by Disney! And Blufans has credited you too. Congratulations!
I screen capped it too:
View attachment 173980 View attachment 173981
Congrats to @Geek Tragedy
The release is from Disney, but not a Marvel film.
Released date: Jan 2015
Stay tuned for more exciting news!
Under such a busy circumstance, I don't want to stir the pot. Only one line here: It is not the Maleficent!
sorry to keep you waiting on this, guys. The artworks were rejected by the director on this unknown release. This might get cancelled but something from the past will likely replace this, it is also from Disney.
The artwork is rejected again. Another Disney movie (WEA) will replace this. The thread is locked.
(the design and the finish are still subject to change)
The inside and back arts will be published near the released date due to privacy reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Thor I am not that worried after seeing this pic....

Well, I did more than just NOT like that movie. But seeing this steelbook and reading that it is for some of you kind of a disappointment, I have to get my first blufans sooner or later. So I'm really excited about joining a Big Hero 6 GB.
I think by then I will have my 20 posts :LOL:

it's BE#26
full glossy; the spine will have some adjustments
blufans will temporarily not announce the back and inside artwork, because - and I quote - they don't want another case of "Zavvi Exclusive Oz the Great and Powerful steelbook artwork" to happen again
105656ibqusbqybiw76wbz.jpg
My immediate reaction is that the front artwork is a big zero. Stinks.
Too much white. I hope they change/improve it.

Full gloss and could do something to the eyes or circle on the chest. I love it, very simple will work if it ends up really white not slightly gray or silver, I'm excited. This is certainly WEA, looks nothing like any other edition. Hope they keep it white all the way around. Add some great slips, yeahhhh buddy!

When it comes to Disney, there's usually a lot of colors involved.It's a common theme with their branding.Their designs are very vibrant.If that logo on the corner has to stay,there has to be something to counter it, to not be drawn to it.It's the only part of the steelbook that is very vibrant.It should be the other way around.
When you have a couple of seconds,open up another window on your computer and get the worldwide release and compre the two...see what you think.
I remember the effort put into the design and packaging of "Frozen" I wish the same was done for this release.It did win the best animated film at the oscars.I just hope those days aren't past us when it comes to involving the steelbook community in deciding the outcome of the release.Two titles come to mind when we were involved,Frozen and Pacific Rim.These ended up among the very best steelbooks Blufans has ever released.Let's see what happens with this Disney title.

I'm not sure???? Initial reaction is that I'm not sure I want this over the world wide releases.. It may grow on me.. Especially once I see the whole package?? Monsters uni's artwork stood out on the white background because of the colourful artwork, but this artwork kinda gets lost in it.. Just not sure yet what I think exactly (n)

Thanks for the tag @harry :thumbs::notworthy::thumbs::notworthy::thumbs: happy your initial reaction is so positive:thumbs::thumbs::happy:

I believe all Blufan steels are the 3D versions but has it been confirmed yet? Is that a stupid question? After all, it is Disney a.k.a, "no 3D in our own back yard" Disney...

20 posts and quadruple dip here I come! ;)

Last edited: