Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive #15. :D
Drive
Release date: September
Price: TBA
Buy link: Drive - Kimchidvd Exclusive
Package detail: TBA
Artwork: TBA, Designed by Plain archive (2nd collaboration title)

Teaser image

?? -drive_teaser.jpg

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we got ourselves a re-release war going on, hmmmm?

zavvi, kimichi, blufans & and some other noob asian retailers i cant remember - who can reprint as many steelbooks in the shortest time & destroy the long-term stellbook game quickest :dead: :dead: :dead:

….oh well, good news for collectors who like buying the same steelbooks over and over and over and over again i guess :movie:

Wouldn't re releasing only count if it has been released in the same market before? As far as I know, drive steelbooks were only released in the UK, France and Germany.

Signalnoise Edition by James White

What is the one top left bud?

drive-vhs-concept.jpg

It's the Drive Signalnoise Edition. A while back Signalnoise released a incredible worn-themed retro VHS box with this artwork. Shortly after they made a downloadable 'blu-ray' cover of the same design. The download is still available and free for all here :thumbs:

I brought the file to a friend who does custom slipcovers and inserts and he put it together for me! :drool:

2pzxxu9.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't re releasing only count if it has been released in the same market before? As far as I know, drive steelbooks were only released in the UK, France and Germany.

I think he means that it is getting tiring to seeing the same set of the films being re-released and it is not good for the hobby.

yeah i was speaking overall, tho i was under the impression the steelbook game was worldwide ....dosent matter anyway, unless u think Japan or Blufans ect wont be releasing their own drive steelbooks somewhere within the next 5 minutes :dead:

Never ordered or do I own a steelbook from kimchi as only UK steelbooks appeal to me but this might be about to change for this.

yeah i was speaking overall, tho i was under the impression the steelbook game was worldwide ....dosent matter anyway, unless u think Japan or Blufans ect wont be releasing their own drive steelbooks somewhere within the next 5 minutes :dead:

If a French/German/UK retailer releases a title that has previously been released in Steelbook form they are ruining the hobby, destroying collectibility and are only in it for the money. If an Asian retailer does it, they are doing collectors a great service, giving collectors what they want and only have the collectors' interests in mind. :rolleyes:

As with others I'm in two minds about this and the Kimchi Iron Man release. For me they are a great opportunity to own both films in steelbook form - as I didn't get the originals and buying these versions would be far cheaper than getting the UK versions via ebay etc.

The main problem is that the clamour for these releases is such that there is no guarantee I'll get them at all - whereas people who own 5+ versions of each will inevitably buy one to watch, one to keep sealed and one to have for every third Sunday.

Secondly, it does seem that companies like Kimchi are now purely releasing films they KNOW will sell out ASAP. Not going to argue with the business logic of that strategy, it's a great model. But as others have said there are SOOOO many films that have never had a steelbook release of any kind that it is getting a bit ludicrous to see the same few over and over.

Only recently we've had Sin City, Iron Man, a million (approx.) versions of Frozen and Thor 2. How many versions of the same films do we need? How about some new stuff? How about some classic Korean movies? (I'm speaking generally here, for all retailers worldwide, not just Kimchi etc).

I dunno, while I'm happy for a chance to have ONE version of these films in steelbook it would be nice to get some variety.

drive-vhs-concept.jpg

It's the Drive Signalnoise Edition. A while back Signalnoise released a incredible worn-themed retro VHS box with this artwork. Shortly after they made a downloadable 'blu-ray' cover of the same design. The download is still available and free for all here :thumbs:

I brought the file to a friend who does custom slipcovers and inserts and he put it together for me! :drool:

2pzxxu9.jpg

:drool: i need it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon and Bluprint
As much as i love kimchi tony and choi for their way of releasing steelbooks and the great work. I dont know what i really think about this release...

cool,not cool, cool, not cool!

But please stop going through the list of "rare" steelbooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.