Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hoping the US announces one soon so I can cancel this. Aug 18th is already shaping up to be a super expensive day.

Hmm, i'm actually considering to cancel my preorder.
There a nordic release coming, 2-disc, and its cheaper. Going to wait for more specifics first..

yes 6000, lets just hope they are not sharing

Very nice steel though love the pic if it's the final artwork

does anybody know how many zavvi sold ? the whole 6000 ? or they only had a part of it and will the rest of the steels be shared ?

Last edited:
yes 6000, lets just hope they are not sharing

Very nice steel though love the pic if it's the final artwork

does anybody know how many zavvi sold ? the whole 6000 ? or they only had a part of it and will the rest of the steels be shared ?

The worldwide run on this would be huge I think. Zavvi are getting 6000 comfirmed whilst France and Germany have shown same artwork so they'll have their own figures.

Due to to FR and DE showing same artwork then it'll be likely to be same artwork everywhere ala Thor 2 and IM3 (I realise IM3 was different in DE but that was down to different distribution rights than the rest of the world).

Is it me or did a focus group decide on what was the best artwork design? Many steelbooks are starting to look the same to me.

For example...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Reactions: dfoles
^ I can't lie I actually like it. I honestly don't mind it at all, I prefer it actually. It makes the Marvel steels stand out more. They shouldve done this with Previous steels as well. It's nice to have something different. It's not like you won't know what movie it is when your looking through your collection...at least for me.

Reactions: PoisonClan
I love the Avengers films, but I was hoping for more original artwork on the CA2 steel, such as what they did on the exclusive versions of the original Captain America (shield on front), or the Thor exclusive. The current artwork is not bad; it just looks kind of pedestrian to me. It feels kind of average, when it should be standout artwork that is commensurate with the quality of the film.

I love the Avengers films, but I was hoping for more original artwork on the CA2 steel, such as what they did on the exclusive versions of the original Captain America (shield on front), or the Thor exclusive. The current artwork is not bad; it just looks kind of pedestrian to me. It feels kind of average, when it should be standout artwork that is commensurate with the quality of the film.

I totally agree with you, especially with a studio like Marvel putting out movies that are extremely popular. They should invest and make sure that somehow, there will be many different artworks to hit the streets. They have invested in amazing movies, great products but it's missing the finishing touch it seems... it feels like everything is right up to the point of the same artwork(steel) everywhere, it feels like an unfinished product because they are too lazy to put a little more effort to ensure that quality goes all the way, but it seems to stop without reaching the perfect product it could be.

I totally agree with you, especially with a studio like Marvel putting out movies that are extremely popular. They should invest and make sure that somehow, there will be many different artworks to hit the streets. They have invested in amazing movies, great products but it's missing the finishing touch it seems... it feels like everything is right up to the point of the same artwork(steel) everywhere, it feels like an unfinished product because they are too lazy to put a little more effort to ensure that quality goes all the way, but it seems to stop without reaching the perfect product it could be.

unfouranately its about money they make pure profit, 1 steel for europe stick various different j-cards on for each country = 1 massive run of 1 steel saves them production costs in the end and that will not change. hence no title.
so i'm still hoping best buy one will be like thor 2 was and if the run is going to be lot more than thor 2 was as andy or wreck said can't remember which now as just woke up now.

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Troll2Fan