Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This art and Zavvi/Disney/Marvel really peeves me off. As soon as BestBuy announce one with title this is cancelled for sure.

What I don't get is that if they were truly going down this title less route for Phase 2 - why have Iron Man 3 with a spine title?!

unfouranately its about money they make pure profit, 1 steel for europe stick various different j-cards on for each country = 1 massive run of 1 steel saves them production costs in the end and that will not change. hence no title.
so i'm still hoping best buy one will be like thor 2 was and if the run is going to be lot less than thor 2 was as andy or wreck said can't remember which now as just woke up.
that one will be rarer than hens teeth more so than thor 2 and that sold out in day or two.

basil :thumbs:

I think you are right, and I do understand and appreciate the commercial implications/challenge of having unique steelbook art from each country (though that would be amazing). I would be OK if most of the world shared the same artwork, if it was something truly exceptional. The Thor and Captain America exclusives, as well as the Asian IM2 steels, still make my jaw drop when I look at them as compared to more common releases. They are simply stunning.

Commercial efficiencies are one thing; commercial laziness is what concerns me. If the world has to share the same artwork, that's fine: I just want it to be fantastic and unique!

unfouranately its about money they make pure profit, 1 steel for europe stick various different j-cards on for each country = 1 massive run of 1 steel saves them production costs in the end and that will not change. hence no title.
so i'm still hoping best buy one will be like thor 2 was and if the run is going to be lot less than thor 2 was as andy or wreck said can't remember which now as just woke up.
that one will be rarer than hens teeth more so than thor 2 and that sold out in day or two.

Other way round dude, Andy/Wreck said the print run is possibly going to be much larger for Cap 2. :D

Other way round dude, Andy/Wreck said the print run is possibly going to be much larger for Cap 2. :D

sorry dave said i had just woken up brain was in reverse for some reason, i'm not good for first hour or so :hilarious:

edited orginal post so now info correct now as well.

Last edited:
Cheers for the replies guys, nothing attached to the transaction as yet which is why I am hunting it down...

EDIT: just found out its Jack Ryan... forgot about that as I had it down to go out nearer the 2nd

Last edited:
I ordered one right in time!
My phone was empty and I wasn't at home so not a pc either.
It was only when my phone was charged and got the mail, that I immediately went to zavvi and ordered it after which, upon completion, it was instantly sold out. I literarily bought (one of) the last one(s).
That was so awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk