Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone actually heard from or had theirs despatched yet as i contacted them to see if it had been despatched as im the same as most with the awaiting stock pick and just got a standard we said from warehouse when we receive email but not an actual answer as to if it was sent

Nope still got the awaiting stock pick, also ordered day one

My order is still showing as waiting stock pick with a dispatch date of 18th Aug. Hoping it will be set free later tonight so it can arrive by Monday!

Glad it's not just me. I was worried in case Zavvi had cancelled my order or had rescheduled the release date and not told me. They are certainly playing this release close to their chests, so perhaps Marvel have put an embargo on retailers to prevent them from shipping early. Either that, or Zavvi can't cope with shipping so many SteelBook releases for a single release date (which is more likely!)

Was really hoping to have this by the weekend. Zavvi don't usually let me down like this. Think the only other time it's happened was with Iron Man 3.

Glad it's not just me. I was worried in case Zavvi had cancelled my order or had rescheduled the release date and not told me. They are certainly playing this release close to their chests, so perhaps Marvel have put an embargo on retailers to prevent them from shipping early. Either that, or Zavvi can't cope with shipping so many SteelBook releases for a single release date (which is more likely!)

Was really hoping to have this by the weekend. Zavvi don't usually let me down like this. Think the only other time it's happened was with Iron Man 3.

The embargo theory could be solid if going by Sims post as well :confused: who knows though, mine is the same, awaiting stock pick as is Indy3

I sent them a message yesterday, 24hrs later here's their reply:

"
Thank you for getting in touch about your order ********.

I can confirm that no money has been taken from your account as this item is "pay on dispatch".

We aim to have all preordered items dispatched prior to the release date to ensure that customers receive their items on time, but this is dependent on when we receive the item from our suppliers.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Dorian

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team
"

Absolute joke I'm not fussed for the Indiana jones as there old titles but this will be in every asda/tesco Monday morning for the joe public to watch where as us mugs who have paid a premium to get it before or on the morning of release date are left waiting unacceptable and the lack of communication coming from zavvi is poor don't call yourself home of steelbooks if your not prepared to look after the loyal community your selling too

In all fairness normally Steelbooks are received prior to release from Zavvi. Its unfortunate that this is a very popular release and people wanted at the very least to receive this on release day. I for one can not wait to see this again.

This might have had a Disney restriction on when despatched
Sometimes they with Disney selected new releases they do this put a restriction on when stock can be made available

Release date is Monday 18th for all Blu-ray/DVD Releases with all retailers in UK

I expect this will be despatching on Saturday 16th/Sunday 17th with some getting delivery on Monday 18th but most will not get delivery until later next week

They did the same with Iron Man 3 Steelbook that was a Saturday despatch date

Years ago when I was working in a Music/Video store there was strict Disney policy with certain new releases not to sell any physical stock until Monday release day (Stock delivered had warning labels not to be sold until Monday) and if you did you sometimes got fined and be warned you might not get early delivery with future releases

Last edited:
I genuinely think some people need to get their priorities straight in life. Getting a film in the post a few days late, to me, ranks alongside having a slightly itchy bum or my 3-year-old daughter repeatedly poking me in the face and laughing in terms of how much it annoys me.

You'd think the way some people talk that they've just been spat at, poked in the eye and kicked in the gonads for good measure.

Absolute joke I'm not fussed for the Indiana jones as there old titles but this will be in every asda/tesco Monday morning for the joe public to watch where as us mugs who have paid a premium to get it before or on the morning of release date are left waiting unacceptable and the lack of communication coming from zavvi is poor don't call yourself home of steelbooks if your not prepared to look after the loyal community your selling too

You haven't paid a premium to get it by release date. Zavvi are usually very good when it comes to dispatch times anyway, so I'm not going to complain on the odd occasion where they aren't as quick as we hoped. The chances are that it is beyond Zavvi's control. They aren't going to hold onto stock costing them money and space in the warehouse and annoying their customers for no good reason.

[
just received an email - will be dispatched 20/08 , bum
I got an email will be dispatched 20/08 but was for raiders of the lost ark not Captain America

Hi Paul Boland,
We are sorry to advise that there will be a slight delay in dispatching your pre-order for Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.
We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date. Please accept our apologies that on this occasion this will not happen.
We will be dispatching your order on 20/08/2014, please refer to the dispatch confirmation email you will receive for delivery times.
If you have any further questions or require further assistance then please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team via your account and we will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team]

Last edited: