Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't order Raiders, but the two Arrow steelbooks due next week aren't shifting either.(and arrow confirmed via twitter there was nothing stopping them from being dispatched)

Perhaps they've run out of boxes.

You haven't paid a premium to get it by release date. Zavvi are usually very good when it comes to dispatch times anyway, so I'm not going to complain on the odd occasion where they aren't as quick as we hoped. The chances are that it is beyond Zavvi's control. They aren't going to hold onto stock costing them money and space in the warehouse and annoying their customers for no good reason.
Dress it up as much as you want it's still unacceptable the fact with the new announcement it's going to be a week later than every other place selling Captain America I'm just peeved because I havnt seen it yet now I have the temptation of spending more money on the amaray every time i go in the supermarket across the road
I'm also not buying into the it's not zavvis fault blame game unless I hear otherwise it's the the retailers fault who im buying it from

Got the email too, but am not really bothered as it means I will now receive it around Tuesday 26th, and on the next day my new TV is being delivered so will be able to watch on it :p

Hi JXXX,

We are sorry to advise that there will be a slight delay in dispatching your pre-order for Captain America - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date. Please accept our apologies that on this occasion this will not happen.

We will be dispatching your order on 20/08/2014, please refer to the dispatch confirmation email you will receive for delivery times.

If you have any further questions or require further assistance then please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team via your account and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Dress it up as much as you want it's still unacceptable the fact with the new announcement it's going to be a week later than every other place selling Captain America I'm just peeved because I havnt seen it yet now I have the temptation of spending more money on the amaray every time i go in the supermarket across the road
I'm also not buying into the it's not zavvis fault blame game unless I hear otherwise it's the the retailers fault who im buying it from
I've got the amaray on order with amazon. I haven't had a despatch email from them, so I suspect it will be delayed. Even for Tescos. :)

Oh I didn't realise all those other retailers sold the steelbook, I thought the only reason anybody ordered from zavvi was because it was in a steelbook, if you wanted for released date there are other places much much cheaper.

Amazon will dispatch at the weekend and if you've paid for delivery on day of release(prime or first class) you'll get it on Monday.

if you want to watch it this weekend ITunes have it "exclusively " early (I suspect the reason for the embargo)

I actually need to have trhis by Thursday for a thing next weekend. That'll not happen now, oh well .

So what's Zavvi's excuse this time? No boxes, or no stock?

I can understand if Zavvi are reluctant to ship without the proper boxes, as they know they would get a backlash if they did. However, it would be nice if they would be HONEST and UPFRONT about such an issue, and strive to ensure that they HAVE ENOUGH BOXES in future! They know what's being released each week, so there's no reason why they should ever run out of boxes

If the latter, then that is clearly another issue with the Disney / Marvel distributors. They should ensure that the retailers have the stock for a MAJOR film launch, although I get the impression that a stock shortage is not the issue here, in which case it truly is down to Zavvi!

If you want my opinion, I would say Zavvi can't cope with the sheer workload of shipping thousands of SteelBooks for a single release day, or don't have enough staff to ensure that items are dispatched on time. We've seen the same thing occur on several other occasions when there has been a huge amount of SteelBook releases in one week, and it feels as if Zavvi are moving release dates at the last minute in order to suit their own means.

Moving catalogue titles is one thing, but to move a MAJOR film release is certainly something else! Why should everyone else be enjoying Captain America: The Winter Soldier a week before we are, just because we chose to order the SteelBook version?

Reactions: Ricardo13
f
Oh I didn't realise all those other retailers sold the steelbook, I thought the only reason anybody ordered from zavvi was because it was in a steelbook, if you wanted for released date there are other places much much cheaper.

Amazon will dispatch at the weekend and if you've paid for delivery on day of release(prime or first class) you'll get it on Monday.

if you want to watch it this weekend ITunes have it "exclusively " early (I suspect the reason for the embargo)

I actually need to have trhis by Thursday for a thing next weekend. That'll not happen now, oh well .
UK its only Zavvi who have the steelbook
Other retailers they only have the amaray releases
Disney UK have policy of only physical copies be in hands of customers on release day with selected new releases as it was with Iron Man 3

They even made this rule apply to Rep of Ireland even though Friday is release day there and only allowed it be sold on the Monday

What titles they apply this to is up to Disney and only happens usually with new films not back catalogue releases but note they still may apply the rule on occasions with a re release title especially a Disney classic
Note they often allow a digital copy only be allowed like iTunes as an early release before physical copies

Sometimes they don't have a restriction on a new release
If a retailer breaks this rule they then usually instruct the distributor to delay delivery of stock until after release day for future releases for a period of time and at a later stage remove this if retailer is agreeing to apply the rule with future restricted release day titles

Its possible that's what has happened with Zavvi as there may have been previous Disney releases that Zavvi shipped to early to customers that had a restriction which resulted in the customer had physical stock before release date and broke their release date policy of physical stock in hands of customers

When I was in this business Disney were very strict with the rules of release day restrictions and they did apply punishment if you break it

Last edited:
If its not to do with Zavvi breaking previous Disney restricted release day titles rules its possible it could be simply they have don't have enough stock of White Boxes and the delivery of these have delayed dispatch of stock

If that is the case Zavvi should just tell customers that's the reason
We all want them delivered in the white boxes so I don't mind a delay if that's the reason

I pre-ordered this when it went live again a couple of weeks ago. I cancelled it in order to add a discount code, but by the time I had done that it had already sold out again. Do you think this is likely to come back in stock again after release day to account for further cancellations? I wasn't around for the other Marvel releases, so I don't really know what happens in terms of that etc.

I pre-ordered this when it went live again a couple of weeks ago. I cancelled it in order to add a discount code, but by the time I had done that it had already sold out again. Do you think this is likely to come back in stock again after release day to account for further cancellations? I wasn't around for the other Marvel releases, so I don't really know what happens in terms of that etc.
Its always best if you have a discount code do your order and only after you see its status as been processed
You then cancel an older order
That way if you did not manage to get to finish checkout you still have your older order