Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2, 2013
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Base - Sainsbury's - Zavvi
Notes: Matte finish, debossed border, embossed title, inside artwork, back cover artwork (Pics of actual SteelBook in post #183 courtesy of Bluprint)

10835798-1374681639-543311.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543277.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543189.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haque a question. why the changed the artwork.
The mock up picture have a ugly cutted artwirk, on the final product the artwork is in his full glory.
How people bring Fox/Zavvi to a inprovement ?

Now the Indianas Jones steelbooks have the problem with cutting artwork.

I know that it's not Zavvi exclusive

Steelbooks Limited edition print runs are still usually only a standard 4000 even when available from all retailers with some exceptions been a higher print run new film blockbuster expected to sell more
Only difference is Zavvi amazon etc don't have to commit to a set qty = not a shop exclusive
Most Fox steelbooks are general release available to all but are still usual 4000 print run
The studios get Steelboks made and supply retail shops high street and online shops to sell
And is up to a shop to decide how many to order and stock with no risks unless they gamble and overstock a release

This have been available for 6 months now and should have been sold out so they must have went with Second print run batch

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
In germany steelbooks have a much bigger print run then 4K, it looks to me that only zavvi and some asien shops have aso small print run.
And Fox/MGMs Terminatir steelbook have a print run of 5K.

But to my question, why they changes the frontartwork?
The old artwork cutted the legs of the woman left, on the final product we see the complete woman and the bottom.

In germany steelbooks have a much bigger print run then 4K, it looks to me that only zavvi and some asien shops have aso small print run.
And Fox/MGMs Terminatir steelbook have a print run of 5K.

But to my question, why they changes the frontartwork?
The old artwork cutted the legs of the woman left, on the final product we see the complete woman and the bottom.

Artwork posted on website listings lot of the time are different when you get the physical Steelbook
Most Artworks on websites are mockup of a release
So the actual product in the flesh can end up been different
This happens a lot

I know that it's not Zavvi exclusive

Steelbooks Limited edition print runs are still usually only a standard 4000 even when available from all retailers with some exceptions been a higher print run new film blockbuster expected to sell more
Only difference is Zavvi amazon etc don't have to commit to a set qty = not a shop exclusive
Most Fox steelbooks are general release available to all but are still usual 4000 print run
The studios get Steelboks made and supply retail shops high street and online shops to sell
And is up to a shop to decide how many to order and stock with no risks unless they gamble and overstock a release

This have been available for 6 months now and should have been sold out so they must have went with Second print run batch

My local HMV has a pile of about 25 these on the floor as they won't fit in the "C" section. Nice steel, I keep waiting for it to hit £5 like The Hunger Games, but might pick it up as it is £7.99 at the moment :cool:

@paulboland, sure, from time to time. For example the imlayprint on the Taxi Driver steelbook.

But here they changed it like the fan wishes. They definitiv inprove the product.

And technically how they change the artwork. It have the same format, but you sea now more artwork.

Its a important question, because the Indiana Jones steelbooks have the same problems.

but looks a bit different :p

Yes its different, but crucially contains both films. If you can't get the UK version, then the French is different option. I went for the French Steelbook instead of the UK version of just Barbarian. I think if I remember right, the two films in the UK are distributed by different studios, so its unlikely we'll get the second film to go with the first. This was the case when they first came out on DVD many years ago and I imported the Australian boxset containing both films, as over there they have the same distributor.

@Lester, thanks, but I love the classic painted artwork. Its a shame that not more steelbook have the original artworks.

@Narg, I hope youre right.
How big is the print run, I dont reade some information like the zavvi exclusives?