Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2, 2013
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Base - Sainsbury's - Zavvi
Notes: Matte finish, debossed border, embossed title, inside artwork, back cover artwork (Pics of actual SteelBook in post #183 courtesy of Bluprint)

10835798-1374681639-543311.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543277.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543189.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though this artwork has a couple of issues (hopefully just an early mockup and will be corrected for the final product), it is great that Fox actually bother to produce mockups for both the front and back covers and the inside artwork. Too many times we are left wondering what the back will look like or if there will be any inside art. I have been critical of Fox in the past, but at least they show us what we are actually going to get.

Fantastic Steelbook, I wonder if the disc inside can still be tricked into playing the uncut version?

After some thought, I decided to pre order. Might consider this over the French one if they release Conan the Destroyer too.

Hopefully they'll shrink the front a bit so that less of the artwork is cut off at the bottom.

It's a problem with the dimensions of Blu-rays in general. Just a bit too short to use theatrical poster art (especially amarays).

It's not too difficult to shrink artwork providing you use the correct programme and ratio. It's all about the care and attention to detail that they put in or lack of when they cock it up.

On a separate note how huge is Arnie on the inside artwork, his Triceps are massive EEK!

I like the artwork, same one that was used on my very ancient video, though not a massive fan of Destroyer I would still want it to soothe the completist in me ;)

I was really hoping UK would get the same release than France, a somewhat clean steelbook with both Conan movies...too bad.

Lovely looking steelbook and I love the artwork, however I still prefer the French double version so I'll be sticking with that one for now.

However, if a Destroyer steelbook gets announced then I will get the individual ones :D

Reactions: karl01
Im so happy this isnt a dual-movie edition. I hate collections and prefer to have each movie in its own box ;)

I quite agree. That said, I wouldn't want Conan The Destroyer anyway.

I prefer each film in its own steelbook. That's why I like the German Spider-Man trilogy because once you take the wrapping off it only says Spider-Man on the font and spine with no mention of what else is actually inside.