Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2, 2013
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Base - Sainsbury's - Zavvi
Notes: Matte finish, debossed border, embossed title, inside artwork, back cover artwork (Pics of actual SteelBook in post #183 courtesy of Bluprint)

10835798-1374681639-543311.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543277.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543189.jpg

10835798-1374681639-543306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Conan

FINALLY!!:scat:

I have had the "definative edition" UK DVD steelbook for a while and this is an awesome upgrade!! Already put the order in. Love the fact that you see Dooms decapitated head on the artwork, it was missing on the theatrical posters. The recently announced French steelbook was really bad, great to see Zavvi step it up with another fantastic looking release!:thumbs: Great art, great film, must own!

FINALLY!!:scat:

I have had the "definative edition" UK DVD steelbook for a while and this is an awesome upgrade!! Already put the order in. Love the fact that you see Dooms decapitated head on the artwork, it was missing on the theatrical posters. The recently announced French steelbook was really bad, great to see Zavvi step it up with another fantastic looking release!:thumbs: Great art, great film, must own!

It ISNT a zavvi exclusive

Plus the fact that it is available from Sainsbury's. Who knows?

It's also £15.99 on Zavvi just like the other non-exclusive steels (X-Men 2, Daredevil etc) whereas all of their exclusives have been £14.99 (barring Disney and new releases) so it's probably a general release.

It's also £15.99 on Zavvi just like the other non-exclusive steels (X-Men 2, Daredevil etc) whereas all of their exclusives have been £14.99 (barring Disney and new releases) so it's probably a general release.

More than likely, it doesn't help that whoever updates Zavvi's site doesn't seem to know what they are doing.

I really hope Zavvi don't snatch this as an exclusive. I want to see more retailers on the market, its the only way we will aee competitive prices.

I'll consider it if they use the unaltered original art image and original title font, but as it is it's just too weird looking. Don't mess with perfection.

I hope they inprove the artwork.
Casaros second version with the Arnie-face and the COMPLETE artwork, no silly cut on the buttom. Casaros picture composition make sense, why Fox change this ?

So it sounds like the UK disc is a downgrade from the US version. Guess it would be worth hanging on to my US Amaray, then, when I order this.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered from Amazon. The front art may not be perfect in terms of how its cropped when compared to the original poster, but still this is a damn cool SteelBook for one of my favorite fantasy films, so def worth the purchase for me. :)

Last edited: