Slipcover Deadpool ('Skull-Poop-L' Pop-up) (SDCC 2016 Exclusive) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: July 21, 2016
Purchase link: Only available at San Diego Comic-Con 2016 20th Century Fox Booth
Price: $24.99

deadpoolcomicconbluray-jpg.253166

At the Fox Home Entertainment booth, Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds tweeted this morning that he’s busy signing limited edition Deadpool Blu-rays, which will be available at San Diego Comic-Con.

To score one, head to 20th Century Fox’s home base at Booth #4229. The first 250 Blu-Rays sold each day will feature Reynolds’ signature!

Screenshot 2016-07-18 23.27.40.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I did the unthinkable ... I bought the Deadpool VHS for a total of 423 Euro (including about 90 Euro customs tax, unavoidable thanks to the Global Shipping Program / item price was 350 Dollars) ... and I opened it. I was just too curious how the actual tape looks. Now it's safely stored in a Fullslip protection sleeve.

If you want to see the VHS tape, you can check out my unboxing video [I speak German, but you can turn off the audio ;) ]

I guess I did the unthinkable ... I bought the Deadpool VHS for a total of 423 Euro (including about 90 Euro customs tax, unavoidable thanks to the Global Shipping Program / item price was 350 Dollars) ... and I opened it. I was just too curious how the actual tape looks. Now it's safely stored in a Fullslip protection sleeve.

If you want to see the VHS tape, you can check out my unboxing video [I speak German, but you can turn off the audio ;) ]

And here I am worried about $100 for the Blu-ray! :p :hilarious:

Great unboxing video! It's soooo awesome to see a brand-new VHS like this. A part of me definitely misses the simplistic VHS days.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Great unboxing video! It's soooo awesome to see a brand-new VHS like this. A part of me definitely misses the simplistic VHS days.
Thanks ... and even though I only started collecting films after the VHS era has already ended I still have a few tapes and still like to buy retro editions. The only thing I would have loved for the Deadpool tape would have been a plastic case (I think they were called clamshells) instead of the rather thin/cheap looking paper thing.

I've also ordered the Blu-ray, which was a lot cheaper, but that one hasn't arrived yet.

Thanks ... and even though I only started collecting films after the VHS era has already ended I still have a few tapes and still like to buy retro editions. The only thing I would have loved for the Deadpool tape would have been a plastic case (I think they were called clamshells) instead of the rather thin/cheap looking paper thing.

I've also ordered the Blu-ray, which was a lot cheaper, but that one hasn't arrived yet.

Yeah, those clamshells weren't seen too often. Usually it was only Disney or video rental stores that used them. Fox always used the paper sleeves, so I guess that's why the Deadpool VHS looks the way it does.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Yeah, those clamshells weren't seen too often. Usually it was only Disney or video rental stores that used them. Fox always used the paper sleeves, so I guess that's why the Deadpool VHS looks the way it does.
Interesting ... thanks for the info! In Austria/Germany I have seen the paper boxes very rarely (usually for promotional gifts and very cheap releases) and clamshells were the usual packaging. Interesting to see that it was the other way round in the States. But okay, if that's the packaging that Fox used it's a given that the Retro VHS for Deadpool also uses that style and packaging.

I'll never understand why they can't # these if they are so limited and exclusive. I for one would never pay $60+ for anything that doesn't have a # on it. Well I did once but never again lol

Last edited: