Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Infos: Region A locked
Matte finish
4k print run
Audio English DTS-HD Ma 5.1 // French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles Eng, French, Spanish

M2204084-1.jpg

Last edited:
looks like, as far as I can tell, the ones I got are in good shape.
not sure what they look like under the plastic though.

The paint chips are very minor on most of them anyhow. Shouldn't be a big deal for collectors. Most steelbooks have more damage then these (if you open them) .
Sooo true.

Too sad. Spend such much money (shipping etc) and getting this. Okay it isnt the worst case of a damage sb. But cmon thats not fair :(
I know buddy... I'm 100% with you, but unfortunately, it's beyond our control. When it's possible, we (GB Leader) always exchange them in store to get only perfect mint copies.
By exemple, with Les Misérables, 30-40% of them had a slashed spine. Since it's humanely possible to exchange it (requires a lot of work, but it's part of the "job"), we do it.
But here, it's 80-90% of them so... :(

Oh and if you go "elsewhere", GB Leader don't even mind informing people about these defects and even send people damaged steels. EEK!

GB hosts do their best to get us all hooked up so utmost respect to Drum and Biscuitnoir for all they do.
Tx buddy! :scat:

Last edited:
For everyone complaining, you really have a couple of choices. Love it... Or list it.

GB hosts do their best to get us all hooked up so utmost respect to Drum and Biscuitnoir for all they do. Asking them for the best copies as will happen soon enough won't help.

I couldn't agree more on that point. I think it's the majority feel the company didn't do enough to put out quality product. But yes Biscuitnoir & Drum should be commended for what they do for members here.

Reactions: Carlos
For everyone complaining, you really have a couple of choices. Love it... Or list it.

GB hosts do their best to get us all hooked up so utmost respect to Drum and Biscuitnoir for all they do. Asking them for the best copies as will happen soon enough won't help.

My post wasn't about what Drum said with respect to the GB at all. I completely respect what they (Drum and Biscuit) do, and I would like to think they know that.
I think you'd agree that as a consumer I have a right to expect perfectly manufactured products from the folks who manufacture and then retail it. If it wasn't for the GB hosts, I wouldn't even have the ability to source Canadian steels for a half decent price, so more power to them!

Future Shop last steelbooks:
Argo: slashed spine
Hobbit: paint chip on back corner
Misérables: slashed spine
Django: paint chip on front

Are these FS fault? Don't think so... but there's something wrong between Scanavo (or whatever the manufacturer's name) and Future Shop for sure... :ohno:

yep the QC on steels have gone to s**t not the retailers fault but its going wrong somewhere, they are not getting handled with care at all and we get left with dodgy steels

whoa...I didn't even notice that...most of the ones here in the FS beside me are in hard case plastic...so i asked them to take them out and I scanned them quickly looking for dents and scratches...I might have missed this paint chipped area totally...will soon find out when I get home...but remember small pin sized paint chip is better than dents! ;-)

I suspect it is not scanavo, but possibly the distributor who put in the discs and j card

futureshop probably has the worst QC of steelbooks among all retailers world wide

we dont see nearly the amount of paint chips and problems from UK, asia, or elsewhere

Unbelievable! 30 copies ordered online... Went to 2 stores this afternoon. I was unable to find a single copy without paint chips :-(.

The store near me only has 3 left at lunch time. Ya all with paint chip. The release seems pretty rare. Csr told me they only get 10 copies in.

Unbelievable! 30 copies ordered online... Went to 2 stores this afternoon. I was unable to find a single copy without paint chips :-(.

The store near me only has 3 left at lunch time. Ya all with paint chip. The release seems pretty rare. Csr told me they only get 10 copies in.

I went to 3 stores looking for mint copies. Nope.
All of them had at least a paint chip. Not sure how many copies each store had, maybe 15~30 depending on location or willingness of CS to help me find mint copies.

A mint copy sounds like a 1 in a million chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ush
@Bluprint: Great video, man! You sure know how to sell the steelbook. I like your enthusiasm. And I it has grown on me a little bit but there's still plenty to complain about in my eyes but it's no where near a new FS Spider-Man fiasco.