Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: June 26, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon JP
HMV JP
CD Japan
Price: ¥3,669 (Amazon) - ¥3,997 (HMV) - ¥4,700 (CD)
Notes: No 3D disc included, matte finish, region FREE

71Fsa90DpLL._AA1165_.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of pbtour4il:
dredd-jp-1.jpg

dredd-jp-2.jpg

dredd-jp-3.jpg

dredd-jp-4.jpg

dredd-jp-5.jpg

dredd-jp-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to order from Amazon jp however I was terrified of getting the Justin Bieber Documentary or a rom com EEK!. Or damage in transit. I know it will all be sorted by customer services . Kids ,School Run , Work pace of life I just could not be :ass:.

Anyway bought mine off of a fellow brillent Ninja and not only is it a DROP DEAD GOURGOUS thing of beauty.

The sound and visual quality of the disk is a delight. Not only that but now I dont need 4 attempts to get the 2D to load first time :thumbs:.

I am so thrilled with every aspect of this version of Dredd I have to say I am a Very Very proud Bunny.

It has pride of place in my humble collection :drool:.

I really hope they make a sequel :scat:

Oh yes, a sequel would be absolutely brilliant, Dredd is one of the best Sci-fi/Action movies in recent memory.

Fans of Dredd maybe interested to hear that executive producer Aid Shankar is working on a Dredd short, in a similar vein to his Punisher project, Dirty Laundry!
It's due for release in a couple of months time and hopefully will generate renewed interest in a sequel! :scat:

Last edited:
Oh yes, a sequel would be absolutely brilliant, Dredd is one of the best Sci-fi/Action movies in recent memory.

Fans of Dredd maybe interested to hear that executive producer Aid Shankar is working on a Dredd short, in a similar vein to his Punisher project, Dirty Laundry!
It's due for release in a couple of months time and hopefully will generate renewed interest in a sequel! :scat:

Hopefully:

1. This short will act as a springboard for the sequel.
2. Karl Urban will play Dredd in this short (if Dredd is even going to appear, that is).

Reactions: Ashisarobot
Got a friendly reply back from Amazon.jp saying it may take up to a week to investigate the situation. Also they added 'I requested our appropriate department to investigate into whether we are able to arrange the first press item for the replacement'. Not sure whether that means organising a return and replace of the one they sent or just gaining authorisation to send out a replacement and not send the original back.

There was a strong rumour that Entertainment Store had something in the pipeline, but it's all gone a bit quiet of late.

You can always sign up to the 'Make A Dredd Sequel' Facebook site while you're waiting and pledge your support for a sequel: https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel?ref=ts&fref=ts

The direct petition link is here: http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

And while we're waiting for any developments, there's the official comicbook sequel to tide us over, available from all good comic shops! :scat:

And to purchase on digital formats here: http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/digital_dredd_underbelly. :scat:

Yes, well said Ruben!

I meant to add that executive producer Adi ' Dirty Laundry' Shankar has confirmed on his Twitter account that the Dredd short he is working in is due in a couple of months time.

So that's something to look forward to st least, and hopefully will generate renewed interest in a possible sequel! :thumbs:

Reactions: Cyberpunk88
My main man ash.....ive noticed your love for dredd steelbook and film...everytime this thread is live...ur always there or thereabouts....ur avatar should really be a dead giveaway. Love ur passion and support forthe film as do i.

Cheers dude, it's great to meet a fellow fan! :scat:

It's fair to say i'm a massive fan of the movie Steelreaper! :D
Massive fan of the comic and 2000AD in general too! :thumbs:

Seriously Ash....it would be just awesome if we get a Dredd sequel for this great film. Just an fyi if u didnt know already Karl Urban insisted he would only do the feature if he could keep his helmet on throughtout the film just like the originals comics....hes a true fan of the comics and guess thats why the film turned out so great. As an aside amazon have replaced my damaged copy and promised a replacement will be sent in a much better packaging as requested. Will let you guys knw what the outcome of that is tmrw. Cannot wait....judging by the damaged copy i can just tell u the artwork and finish on this is top notch. If fellow ninjas are looking to get this pls choose gift wrapping option for peace of mind.

Didn't they already charge customs fees when you ordered it? They did so with my last 4 amazon.co.jp orders and they got delivered to my door via express mail within 3 days every time!

My previous purchases have arrived without any bother. The reason for the charge was that on this occasion Amazon had omitted to indicate that the duty had been paid at source. I'm going to be penning a short note asking them to include these details next time and I'd also like a refund.