Edge of Tomorrow (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Pre-order is on May 23)
Price: £39.99

Edge of Tomorrow.jpg

Last edited:
What? A full week isn't enough time to declare something lost in the mail? Not a single order from Zavvi has ever taken longer than 3 days from dispatch. After 7 I am declaring it missing.
Yeah zavvi don't work like that. Parcels aren't considered "lost" by RM for 10 clear working days after the expected delivery date. Zavvi are very similar, wanting 14+ days post dispatch.

I get it's irritating for you, but you'll just be told to wait. Suggest you chill out and wait for it to arrive. It'll get there soon enough.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Like I said there are delays at the moment. Including dispatching items from zavvi

• Informative
Reactions: tommyh84
Yeah zavvi don't work like that. Parcels aren't considered "lost" by RM for 10 clear working days after the expected delivery date. Zavvi are very similar, wanting 14+ days post dispatch.

I get it's irritating for you, but you'll just be told to wait. Suggest you chill out and wait for it to arrive. It'll get there soon enough.
I get what you are saying, and everything you say is reasonable. It's just typical that one of my most anticipated movies getting a 4k is taking the longest to arrive. I will try to be patient.

I get what you are saying, and everything you say is reasonable. It's just typical that one of my most anticipated movies getting a 4k is taking the longest to arrive. I will try to be patient.
It's annoying, I know. Deliveries can come like clockwork, then suddenly they don't. It's happened in waves over the years to me, usually without rhyme or reason. It'll get to you eventually, try not to stress over it.

It's annoying, I know. Deliveries can come like clockwork, then suddenly they don't. It's happened in waves over the years to me, usually without rhyme or reason. It'll get to you eventually, try not to stress over it.
Unfortunately I have a stressy personality lol.

What? A full week isn't enough time to declare something lost in the mail? Not a single order from Zavvi has ever taken longer than 3 days from dispatch. After 7 I am declaring it missing.
To be fair my delivery is due the 3rd so I'll let them off for now

Mine was from HMV mate. Was in a large wraparound mailer but arrived in mint condition
View attachment 538902
It's just, how do I say it less delicately, some people are freaking nuts!
Take your copy, bang on it with your index finger's nail. See the damage! Que hysteria. Write on forums it was destroyed, and go on to request a replacement.

To be fair my delivery is due the 3rd so I'll let them off for now
Loads of people have been ranting about it on Facebook too. So I'd wager the majority weren't actually dispatched when zavvi marked them as dispatched.
Zavvi have been terrible with their notifications lately. But usually it goes the other way for me. A few times lately I had my blu ray on Wednesday with a notification going out ab hour after I got the delivery. And if it had been sent out in Friday I wouldn't be complaining. No that's a lie. I totally would. But not about it taking a week from dispatch to get to me. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow there is a very real chance that sonic, heat and ecent horizon will arrive before or on the same day as edge of tomorrow. I know I should just stop caring, I just hate having things en route.

Don't they normally require 14 days from dispatch?
Correct - even when they had loads of notifications from people about not receiving the Solo steelbook a couple of years back, we were all told we had to wait 14 days before we could report it as missing.

Well mine arrived today,, battered cardboard mailer but intact thankfully. Think the paper/cardboard bits are rattling around inside though!