snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
since this is sold out, seemed HDZeta is my only hope then...

Someone pointed out that the German one ISN'T an Amazon exclusive and should be available in some stores there also. Maybe ask a generous German Ninja to get you a copy??

The German Steelbook is still listed as available to order on a number of online stores. Most only ship within Germany or within Europe. However, one that I've found, JPC, does ship internationally. The site is English friendly but shipping to Thailand doesn't come cheap. I would imagine, however, that German VAT (19%) will be deducted from your order total. Here's a link, should you wish to check it out.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/deta...imited-edition-steelbook/hnum/7312484?lang=en

Release date, according to their site is the 3rd September, 2015.

Alternatively, keep checking out the amazon.de site on a daily basis. It regularly, albeit briefly, comes back as available to order. This is how I secured my copy a couple of weeks ago.

However, one that I've found, JPC, does ship internationally. The site is English friendly but shipping to Thailand doesn't come cheap. I would imagine, however, that German VAT (19%) will be deducted from your order total. Here's a link, should you wish to check it out.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/deta...imited-edition-steelbook/hnum/7312484?lang=en

Release date, according to their site is the 3rd September, 2015.

Limited one copy per person. Nice one.

However, delivery to Ireland is €6.99, UK €5.99. WHY? Both European countries, both right beside each other?

That looks impressive :thumbs:, have per-ordered but no dispatch email at present :bag:
That's not a good sign. You might want to email them, as they should have dispatched last week.
However, delivery to Ireland is €6.99, UK €5.99. WHY? Both European countries, both right beside each other?
I'm sure it's due to what the delivery courier(s) have organised/contracted with partners with each country, rather than anything else. UK likely has more mail sent there = lower price.

Opened my copy earlier, it's beautiful and the rear debossing gives this a unique touch. I can't recall the last time a UK Steelbook was given this treatment, was it 'The Wolf of Wall Street'? Both, which are crowd pleasers IMHO.

To laud the stellar effort gone into this one I say thank you to Universal/Zavvi and the creative team. Although please bring back the original j-cards. ;)

Just received this and true detective and both are stunning steelbooks but I'm truly lost for words with this. It's possibly the best steelbook I own. Mine arrived fine for once with no dents, chips, spine slashes or marks.
Perfect
Only ordered this and agree its probably my best steel of less than 100. Cracking film too.

Opened my copy earlier, it's beautiful and the rear debossing gives this a unique touch. I can't recall the last time a UK Steelbook was given this treatment, was it 'The Wolf of Wall Street'? Both, which are crowd pleasers IMHO.

To laud the stellar effort gone into this one I say thank you to Universal/Zavvi and the creative team. Although please bring back the original j-cards. ;)
No, it was "Roger Rabbit" - last week!

My plan was to keep it sealed but I soon realised that this steelbook needed to be opened - plus it's from zavvi and I kept thinking what if there is a dent or scratch underneath the j-card so I had to open it. So glad I did as it is truly is perfection and in mint condition :drool:.