snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
No delivery for me today either. (n)

Oh well, got free tickets to see Spy this evening, so I guess that'll be today's entertainment.

Mine was here when I got in from work today. Hopefully the Royal Mail's horse and cart will have kept good time overnight and yours will be with you tomorrow!

Reactions: MrBMT
Not sure if serious, or just trolling. :wow:

Is that considered trolling?

In basic terms the film is about her but she's not the lead character. Gleeson is, with Ava being a close second and Isaac is practically supporting.

I kinda see it as an ensemble cast because there's only 3 characters who almost all feature equally.

In both cases she is not the sole focus, so her being the only focus of the front/back/inside/disk art seems a little odd to me when the film has such a tiny cast. I think the two other leads should be at least on the inside.

As I said, the front and back work perfectly and I wouldn't change it but the inside and disk having her on it too, is like Tom Cruise having his face plastered anywhere it can on posters/steels.

Only thing I don't like is that Ava is plastered all over the art. The front and back work, but inside didn't need to be her as well.

Would have liked a snap of Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson as the inside art.

Or this..

exmach-1422026632377_1280w.jpg

Print that out on to photo gloss paper and change the inside art ! I do it all the time on my steelbooks. Just need to be careful when removing the spine. Check out this tutorial:

I'm now starting to worry as I got a despatch on Friday, had a delivery date of on or before the 3rd (today), and still no sign of this despite the post being delivered today.

First time I've experienced a late delivery from Zavvi so naturally going to panic a little bit...

Finally had this arrive today - mine has a couple of tiny paint chips on the front, and another 4 on the back, but no spine slashes at least.
Thankfully not all the paint chips are visible unless held in certain positions. Really looking forward to finally seeing the film this evening!

I'm now starting to worry as I got a despatch on Friday, had a delivery date of on or before the 3rd (today), and still no sign of this despite the post being delivered today.

First time I've experienced a late delivery from Zavvi so naturally going to panic a little bit...
My Zavvi deliveries typically turn up in 2 days, this one took 5 so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Reactions: Andycadle84
Excellent steel but gutted to find scratches on the back. Also, this is the second steel to arrive in the space of two weeks with the UV code missing (The Purge was the first).

Excellent steel but gutted to find scratches on the back. Also, this is the second steel to arrive in the space of two weeks with the UV code missing (The Purge was the first).
UV code missing? Might be a stupid question, but have you checked inside the Steelbook? It should be on a double sided leaflet inside.

It was mainly the picture you posted that made me thought you might be rather than anything else. Personally I wouldn't have even considered purchasing the Steelbook if that had been used as inside art.

Haha really? Most people I have spoken to who have seen the film think that scene is what makes it iconic