snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know where you are, but Royal Mail has really sucked for me lately. Ordered something from Poland, arrived in London in 2 days. Took a further 5 to make the journey from London to Cheshire & be delivered.

Hertfordshire, mate. Had a good old ***** about the slow delivery of Lucy a few months back; the world and his wife were on here posting pics and discussing it and meanwhile I'm waiting (well over a week if memory serves), and cursing Royal Mail. Sincerely hope the same thing does not happen with this one. Dread to think what might happen if it's lost in the post and I have to contact Zavvi - I get the feeling this will not be an easy one to replace!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
You are blinded by the PA army. We all know you love slips. Well this one doesnt need one to show its beauty. Heck I havent seen one PA steelbook that would even crack the top 100 if judged by steelbook alone.
The PLAIN Army has enlightened me, if anything. A full slip version of this would make it even better, as is protects the steel against shelf wear.

Judging PLAIN's SteelBooks alone, hmmm.....Let's start with their first steel then, The Wrestler. Are you trying to tell that PLAIN's The Wrestler SteelBook isn't amazing? There is nothing about that steel that isn't perfect, IMO. It screams quality, I'm sure you're TOP 100 List is VERY...debatable...to say the least lol :)

Maybe @Bluprint , @sminister , @fishvtec , @djjez83 have any input on the subject....(I'm not even calling in the Calvary on this one, the PLAIN_Army is deep)

Reactions: Bluprint
As someone who has only ordered from Zavvi for the first time with this SteelBook; because a) I loved the movie and b) I love the look of the SteelBook. Would someone be so kind as to let me know...
  1. Approximately how long am I looking at before I receive it to Canada after dispatch? Is the shipping window they suggest pretty accurate, or do they usually arrive sooner/later?
  2. I understand from reading here that Universal is generally region free; even on Blu's from the UK labeled as Region B. Has anyone confirmed this is the case for this SteelBook?

Anyone know if the Zavvi Ex Machina is region locked or region free? I know Universal is usually region free, butit says B on Zavvi's site.

As someone who has only ordered from Zavvi for the first time with this SteelBook; because a) I loved the movie and b) I love the look of the SteelBook. Would someone be so kind as to let me know...
  1. Approximately how long am I looking at before I receive it to Canada after dispatch? Is the shipping window they suggest pretty accurate, or do they usually arrive sooner/later?
  2. I understand from reading here that Universal is generally region free; even on Blu's from the UK labeled as Region B. Has anyone confirmed this is the case for this SteelBook?
I live in USA so not exact time frame as Canada will be. But the last Steel I got from Zavvi only took about a week to get. And that was taking the 1.99 delivery method. So hopefully yours turns up very soon! Zavvi isn't the most consistent though :S Good luck mate, hope it arrives soon and safe!

Reactions: Thwip
Watched this tonight for the first time. Such a terrific film. Currently watching the dance scene again on You-Tube. Heh. Oscar Isaac is one cool dude.

Anyone know if the Zavvi Ex Machina is region locked or region free? I know Universal is usually region free, butit says B on Zavvi's site.

Regarding the region coding. Works a charm on my Samsung Region A Blu-ray player. :thumbs:

A lot of us have it on order and have yet to see the film. I have been very careful to avoid all talk about it. Please be sure to use the Spoilers tag when commenting about any part of the movie. Thanks.

Totally understand your concern, but rest assured that his spoiler did not give anything even remotely crucial about the film away. It was a respectful spoiler if there is such a thing. ;)

Saw the film since preordering, now after seeing pictures of the steelbook I'm very happy I ordered. The film was good and I'll for sure have repeat viewings, but not as amazing as a lot of people would have you believe.

Reactions: Dan Kyte
[QUOTE="SlipcoverGil] (I'm not even calling in the Calvary on this one, the PLAIN_Army is deep)[/QUOTE]

And entirely lacking objectivity.

This is an excellent steel, and has to be on course for best of the year so far. There are very few that reach that level including most of the Asian ones whatever their origin, Wrestler included.

Of course come HDz releasing their 300 of the exact same artwork, it will suddenly be perfect to the fanboys; and they'll willingly pay well over the odds to have a copy.

Now that's lacking objectivity . . .

but not as amazing as a lot of people would have you believe.

The first viewing did blow me a away. But when you know everything about the film, repeat viewings are not as good.

Shame really as I would of loved for this movie to have excellent repeat watch value.

i cry blood hearing all the praise for the steelbook here, as zavvi did to me what they did. fu.k em !

:mad::angry::banghead:

Reactions: chunk
Any one that's received there copy genuinely underwhelmed by it and have something else in their collection they feel is much better ??? Because i'm surprised at the praise this steelbook is getting and still eagerly waiting for mine to arrive !!!