snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Also (not to knock you or anything, this is purely out of interest), but why would you keep it sealed, when it hides the back art?? The subtle debossing on the back deserves to be appreciated...
Lots of people keep there Steelbooks sealed. Some like to open them and others don't. There are lots of different types of collectors, each to their own.:)

Just finished watching. Was interesting to say the least. I can see how this could be the type of film you either love or hate. I loved it. It was a little on the slow side, but it worked.

Reactions: Marina Blue
You've heard the film isn't amazing? Lol

Its one of the most critically acclaimed films of the last 20 years and already being debated in philosophy studies at PhD level. Yes not very good LMAO!!!

Having worthy, intelligent themes does not mean it's a good film. For me, the biggest issue I had was how much it was even bothering to try and be a 'film'. I could see this being performed just as effectively as a theatre production as it is a film, and that's not a compliment. Some David Mamet films come under fire for similar reasons, but he's from a theatre background so it's easier to understand.

Whether the treatment of A.I. is any good or not is definitely something that could cause debate. For me, I found the film quite straightforward, not many surprises that weren't signposted and a little dull. Hence why I sold my copy after getting it.

• Informative
Reactions: Metasyntactic
Having worthy, intelligent themes does not mean it's a good film. For me, the biggest issue I had was how much it was even bothering to try and be a 'film'. I could see this being performed just as effectively as a theatre production as it is a film, and that's not a compliment. Some David Mamet films come under fire for similar reasons, but he's from a theatre background so it's easier to understand.

Whether the treatment of A.I. is any good or not is definitely something that could cause debate. For me, I found the film quite straightforward, not many surprises that weren't signposted and a little dull. Hence why I sold my copy after getting it.

I have to agree completely!! I liked the film (and I love the steelbook and I'm a bit pissed off still that I couldn't order it), but I think I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. The developments were not really surprising and, all discussions between the 2 main characters practically served as exposition for the audience only (2 high Level scientists/programmers wouldn't discuss what the Turing Test is, they would assume they both know it for example). Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and it is easily rewatchable (if only for Alicia Vikanders character), but I feel that comparisons to "2001" and even the brilliant "Moon" are not quite justified. My 2 Cents only...

As expected mine was cancelled this morning... at least, with all the bullshit, they provided me a 10% discount code...
Now I'm just going to keep the italian order, hoping for the same finish

I have to agree completely!!
Having worthy, intelligent themes does not mean it's a good film

Im glad im not alone here.

Everyone has an opinion - and I dont think id ever lampoon anyone for disagreeing with my own view of a film.

Greatest film ever made, my opinion; SuperTroopers.

Each to their own.

tumblr_mvdwtjQWDc1qat8sbo1_250.gif

Reactions: lgans316
I liked the film (and I love the steelbook and I'm a bit pissed off still that I couldn't order it), but I think I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. The developments were not really surprising and, all discussions between the 2 main characters practically served as exposition for the audience only (2 high Level scientists/programmers wouldn't discuss what the Turing Test is, they would assume they both know it for example). Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but I feel that comparisons to "2001" and even the brilliant "Moon" are not quite justified. My 2 Cents only...

Watched this for the first time myself last night. Agreed that it's a little overrated. I had myself over hyped (especially after reading some comments on here) I enjoyed it, but not the masterpiece that some make out. Especially as there are some gaping plot holes IMO.

Just finished watching. Was interesting to say the least. I can see how this could be the type of film you either love or hate. I loved it. It was a little on the slow side, but it worked.

Agree that it's a slow burner, and not as much rewatch value for me in it once you know the outcome. A nice addition to my collection nonetheless.

I watched it last night and loved it for its artistry, although you could feel the budget was stretched. I had been dying to see it since I had the good fortune to speak with Garland while he was making it.

It reminded me of Under The Skin actually. Great atmosphere and real grey areas around each character's motivations.

Oh, and Alicia Vikander :drool:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I watched it last night and loved it for its artistry, although you could feel the budget was stretched. I had been dying to see it since I had the good fortune to speak with Garland while he was making it.

It reminded me of Under The Skin actually. Great atmosphere and real grey areas around each character's motivations.

Oh, and Alicia Vikander :drool:

I know, that Swedish girl just melts my heart :drool:

What is fact is that this has already built up a massive cult following, that's before its even been released world wide.

As is common in cult releases, it divides opinion. Many highly supportive and passionate, and many not seeing what others see. That cult following will now only increase over the coming months.

My own opinion, I loved every minute of it.