Face/Off (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #5) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release Date: end of August 2013
With inside and embossed artwork. The embossed bullet will be amazing and it will be one of kind.
Available from the Ninja shop: here

Official HDN video presentation:
[media=youtube]4JUfQzywlHc[/media]

Artworks:
FACE-OFF-BD1.JPG

View attachment 35683
View attachment 36473

Actual pictures: (Thanks to Domalorite)

Last edited by a moderator:
i expect a lot of ppl to be disappointed when this is released, because IMO the steelbook doesnt look good at all.. but on the other hand ppl are massively biased towards blufans, so we'll see

Well for me, this is what a premium steelbook should be like. The pronounced embossing, debossed bullet, spot gloss shattered glass. It looks premium and I bet it'll look only better in the flesh. It's something different and unique

Reactions: hatredhorror
i expect a lot of ppl to be disappointed when this is released, because IMO the steelbook doesnt look good at all.. but on the other hand ppl are massively biased towards blufans, so we'll see

We are biased because we :drool: the special treatment...Very unique offerings you won't get anywhere else...In fact, I've signed up for every single BF GB :LOL:

how about no border + full gloss + debossing.. actual pics look lot worse than the mockup imo :/

I'll take the opposing point of view and say that I found the mock-up disappointing because it looks pretty flat and lifeless. The promise of effects lead me to believe this could end up looking fantastic and, based on the real pictures, I think that's exactly how it turned out.

And I certainly have no bias for blufans since the only thing I have picked up from them so far is Wreck it Ralph and although it is still not in-hand, I am certainly worried about the condition from what I have seen and heard already.

In any case, I think this happens in pretty much every thread where some like it and some don't. I'll just be thankful you didn't like it and snap up my copy! :D

Reactions: hatredhorror
I'm very impressed with this steelbook. There are none of the problems relating to the previous Blufans release in this one. The broken glass effect is astounding.

do you think the idea of shrinkwrapping the steelbook before it was placed in the slipcover helped?

To be honest I'm not sure. Other full slip steelbooks don't have the serious issues that WIR had. IMO the slip was way to tight and badly designed. In that I mean if you look at the inside of the WIR slip you can see the fold overlaps on the back face. On my copy this was what was scratching the steelbook as it is being slid in and out. If you look at other full slips the inside flap is at the side face.

In addition to those surface scuffs, the paint scratches/gouges and dents are clearly bad QC rather than any lack of protection.

do you think the idea of shrinkwrapping the steelbook before it was placed in the slipcover helped?

I said before that this is one of the most anticipated steels of the summer but at this rate Im gonna have to switch it to most anticipated of the fall/winter

Reactions: WKRP