Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Paid for my John Wick Maniacs on the 7th April and still not shipped.
I've emailed FA a couple of times and they've said it will be shipped as soon as possible, the wait is painful.

:( Paid for my John Wick Maniacs on the 7th April and still not shipped.
I've emailed FA a couple of times and they've said it will be shipped as soon as possible, the wait is painful.
I take it you must have put yourself on the waiting list and made a purchase late once the price had increased from 1,999 CZK > 2,999 CZK... ?

You may already be aware but many of us who ordered at the time these originally went "Live" for pre-order have had to wait since June 2015 lol... :LOL::sleep: Think yourself lucky you've only been waiting 2 weeks buddy ;) (higher price somewhat a kick in the teeth I know but at least you've got one)

Fortunately, I received mine recently but there are still others who are waiting and have been waiting since last year... :censored: Sure enough, once you receive it, I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised and deem it worth the wait :D:thumbs:

Hi guys, can someone help me a bit with the FA website? I haven't ordered from there before and I have clicked several FACs that are "out of stock" to "Add to Waiting List". What does this exactly mean? If they get one instock then you can buy it?

I clicked this for the John Wick Manics Boxset and yesterday received an email, not in English, so assume that it is available for me to order. I went onto the website and into my account and saw that it was added to "List Orders" section. I then paid for it so hoping and assuming that I will get this :ohno::thumbs:

My final question is: If I have clicked "add to waiting list" but then don't want it any more, how do you cancel the order before paying for it? Or do you just leave it and not pay for it and they will remove from your orders and give someone else the copy? Thanks in advance guys!

Hi guys, can someone help me a bit with the FA website? I haven't ordered from there before and I have clicked several FACs that are "out of stock" to "Add to Waiting List". What does this exactly mean? If they get one instock then you can buy it?

I clicked this for the John Wick Manics Boxset and yesterday received an email, not in English, so assume that it is available for me to order. I went onto the website and into my account and saw that it was added to "List Orders" section. I then paid for it so hoping and assuming that I will get this :ohno::thumbs:

My final question is: If I have clicked "add to waiting list" but then don't want it any more, how do you cancel the order before paying for it? Or do you just leave it and not pay for it and they will remove from your orders and give someone else the copy? Thanks in advance guys!
Hey buddy I've recently ordered the John Wick Maniacs boxset through FA same scenario I think if you don't want something you can reply if they contact you or at guess you could contact them before and ask to be taken off the list (there customer service is really quick and good)
There may be a wait before JW is shipped as mine was nearly 2 weeks but nowhere near the wait the GB members have waited. They send you tracking once shipped and as its kinda DHL I've opted for email updates (just left Brussels)
Hope you enjoy the box set I'm beyond excited for mine to arrive.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximus15
Hey buddy I've recently ordered the John Wick Maniacs boxset through FA same scenario I think if you don't want something you can reply if they contact you or at guess you could contact them before and ask to be taken off the list (there customer service is really quick and good)
There may be a wait before JW is shipped as mine was nearly 2 weeks but nowhere near the wait the GB members have waited. They send you tracking once shipped and as its kinda DHL I've opted for email updates (just left Brussels)
Hope you enjoy the box set I'm beyond excited for mine to arrive.
Thanks for the info mate!! Yea I'm surprised and excited, thought I missed my chance by far to get this!!

Thanks, Hub, but that reply came directly from Simona. They expect you to claim with your local carrier, which is Parcelforce in this case. Except that Parcelforce won't entertain claims on import parcels. So again, I would advise people to bear in mind the risk of buying direct from FA. If your order arrives damaged then you're SOL basically.

I only just saw this.

I recommend you talk to Jan Cikanek. He's business manager at Film Arena. He has good English and listens.

I wonder if FAC will do a 2k print run again on one of their Steels. My collecatble number is 1320 and i really wanna get that number on future releases. ( i also do not want to lose that number)

many of you may have been stunted by FA's exclusive design, while I'm quite disappointed at the service I received.
I have been supporting FA since the 1st FAC Up Above Down Below. When I was not impressed by its recent design, I rejected a few since Chappie. Last month, when I was about to enrich my Arnold collection, I found my collectible number was cancelled an hour just before the preorder of THE LAST STAND went live. I immediately expressed my concern then received a short text from FA:

"Dear customer,
You have rejected quite a number of copies without proper reply, then we decided to take back your collectible number."

I swear to God I clicked the button every time I felt like passing the FAC. I asked for proof for the denial of my client-ship. Nothing did I receive from FA anymore.

If FA finds that I am not "as loyal as" those ebay sellers, you don't need to make up any excuse to rob my number. Just tell me directly.

Even worse, I PAID in October 2015 for the Boxset of Terminator 5, but it is still in its manufacturing stage in May 2016. You got the money but you don't start working even six months later!

Excellent steelbook producer FA. I'd like to give you a finger for your smart business development and warm customer service.

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
Ok guys I think everyone has had their say now, can we try and get back on topic to the steelbook.

One more post from someone, who has similar experience with Filmarena, even worse than Ricardo13. Because what Filmarena does is intimidating people, acting like they were gods and they do that on regular basis. Their behaviour is unprofessional and unacceptable. I once had a meeting with Jan Cikanek, I guess you all know who he is, if you follow Filmarena on Facebook. We had some issues in the past and that meeting should have sorted everything. It went well, I was even offered to do mini-groupbuys because I had quite a lot of contacts abroad in UK mainly. Few days Iater I made one negative comment in a FAC Nation Facebook group,which is not official FA page and I didnt say anything wrong about FA itself, only about the group policy, and I left the group. Few hours later my collector's numbers (one very low, one near 2000) werr taken away from me, mr. Cikanek also made a public statement full of lies which intended to make me look like a badass. So this is not surprising to me at all.
And btw, it is only Filmarena's fault and noone else's that Last Stand is being sold for ridiculous prices. This picking people - "you are worth having our edition and someone else is not" is absolutely ridiculous and causes inflated prices. Btw about the steelbook itself - it is a crap steelbook that was hardly selling for 250 CZK at local market. So they just took what they had in stock, put it into some fancy fullslip,added booklet and sold it as grail only for the chosen ones. The same thing they are doing with Seventh Son now...

One more post from someone, who has similar experience with Filmarena, even worse than Ricardo13. Because what Filmarena does is intimidating people, acting like they were gods and they do that on regular basis. Their behaviour is unprofessional and unacceptable. I once had a meeting with Jan Cikanek, I guess you all know who he is, if you follow Filmarena on Facebook. We had some issues in the past and that meeting should have sorted everything. It went well, I was even offered to do mini-groupbuys because I had quite a lot of contacts abroad in UK mainly. Few days Iater I made one negative comment in a FAC Nation Facebook group,which is not official FA page and I didnt say anything wrong about FA itself, only about the group policy, and I left the group. Few hours later my collector's numbers (one very low, one near 2000) werr taken away from me, mr. Cikanek also made a public statement full of lies which intended to make me look like a badass. So this is not surprising to me at all.
And btw, it is only Filmarena's fault and noone else's that Last Stand is being sold for ridiculous prices. This picking people - "you are worth having our edition and someone else is not" is absolutely ridiculous and causes inflated prices. Btw about the steelbook itself - it is a crap steelbook that was hardly selling for 250 CZK at local market. So they just took what they had in stock, put it into some fancy fullslip,added booklet and sold it as grail only for the chosen ones. The same thing they are doing with Seventh Son now...

Are you the same guy holding a bunch of Martians with a smile on your face?

• Thanks
Reactions: sminister
I have faith in their waiting list system. Ages ago I put my name down for practically all of the FACS I don't have. Thus morning I woke up to an invoice for get on up and exodus. Here's praying for heat and the Martian lol