From Dusk Till Dawn (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 28,2013
Purchase link: From Dusk Till Dawn (Sold out!)
Price: 14.99 £
Notes: Limited to 4000 units

View attachment 37596
dusktd.jpg

dtd_steelbk_inner.jpg

Actual pics-thanks ricster!

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finish quality and title-or-no aside, the simple fact that a picture of Salma Hayek was chosen as the cover art to represent the movie is just... stupid. And a little creepy.

No offense to anyone that likes it, not calling you stupid, just saying. I would have liked something a little less juvenile for a cover. Like, I don't know, maybe the art on the back? Which was the original theatrical art, has the cool zero finish on the guns and Richie's glasses, and would have actually looked acceptably good without a title?

Then Salma on the back is more of a supplemental choice, and would make much more sense, both in the context of the movie and the way that the photo is textured and cut/bordered. My two cents anyway.

Hella, Is it because you know you have to open it and remove the J Card to see Her panties?? :naughty: you filthy animal! It's the rare steel that has better benefits being opened than sealed :naughty:

Last edited:
It's not about the images it's about the sutiability of the images and where they are used. The Canadian version is much better all round.

it's hard to argue a case that the images are not suitable when the steelbook sold out and was very well received by most in the collector community. the suitability was determined pretty quickly by the overall response.

this is the last steelbook I will buy with no title. :naughty:

Really? Cool. Do you have a link. I have the Italian Metalpak.

I don't think I can link to other forums but it's talked about in HDGoofnut's List of International BDs thread at bd forum.

Also, screenshot comparisons are available for the IT, UK, US, CA, and DE versions below. I've linked a comparison between CA vs. UK. Neither are great - the CA has edge enhancement and the rest of the transfers have so much contrast you lose detail:

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_verg...=6108&disc1=941&disc2=601&lossless=#vergleich

Sold out hence I ordered on Amazon. Cancelled now since a kind friend on this forum offered me a brand new one at cost price. You can also find these on ebay uk between £20 - £30

Received today, absolutely stunning! Was very unsure to order after Zavvis disappointing The Rocketeer steelbook but this is how a steelbook should be.